Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/26/2015 2:41:00 AM

I have been using this product for years now, and I do not have any complaints for the price. The one down side is the packaging. I don't think I have gotten a full use out of the product before the top shattered. I recommend buying the translucent powder, and applying on top of your liquid foundation and blush.

on 4/24/2015 8:50:00 PM

Ok.. by far the worst compact i have ever tried. This probably stays matte on my skin for about 15 mins, if that. My face actually ends up being shinier than before... never buy this product again.

on 4/24/2015 3:20:00 PM

I have very oily/combination/acne-prone skin.

PROS:
-Very affordable
-Stays matte for maybe 2 hours (on my skin)
-Translucent (the transparent one)

Cons:
-Skin didn't stay matte for very long
-Clogged my pores/broke me out
-Cheap packaging, plastic lid does not stay on very well and breaks rather easily
-The packaging eventually broke in my bag and got all over my things
-Smelled strongly of talc

I bought this because the beauty concierge at Target recommended it, but it did not work for me very well.

on 4/23/2015 9:49:00 AM

Love it beats all high end powders buy it you will see for yourself. Amazing Product I hope they never stop making it.

on 4/22/2015 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is actually pretty good, and I highly recommend it for people with oily skin. I used this product a lot when I was younger and struggling to keep my makeup on for longer than a few hours, and this powder did the trick. Now that I'm older and have combination skin that isn't as oily, it looks too cakey and unnaturally matte on me. The reason why I won't be repurchasing is because of the change of the oiliness of my skin, not the quality of the product.

The powder is a really good price, especially for the quality of the powder. It truly does what it says it does. It keeps your skin matte, for a really long time. I didn't use the powder for setting my foundation all over my face, but usually used it in my T-zone to keep my oily areas in check. Even with oily skin, I like to use dewy foundation sometimes, and this powder still worked great and helped my makeup's longevity. Due to that, I really recommend it for oily skin because I think it's the best powder I've tried for oily skin. I can't comment on how it would fare on dry skin, because I don't have it, and none of my friends with dry skin use it.

I have to say, I don't like the packaging. The plastic cover just pushes down onto the pan of the powder and with more usage, the plastic cover eventually became less tight and slipped off the pan a few times. I think the packaging could improve, especially because oily-skinned people may want to bring it out with them. A mirror and included in the packaging would be helpful.

Though I don't use this powder anymore, it's the best one I've tried in the drugstore and it is much more cheap than expensive products that don't actually keep oily skin matte. This powder doesn't give me a glow, nor does it give me any extra dimension on my face. It's a powder I used to keep my skin more matte rather than oily, which is exactly what it promises.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got it in the light/ivory color and it works great, makes my skin look more even and less oily, gets ride of the shine and helps lessen my redness. Applies evenly on my brush and doesn't cake up on my face.

on 4/11/2015 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

It's quite a good setting powder and doesn't give me a cakey look when I use it on top of my Naked Skin foundation! It does its job of keeping you matte for five hours, so don't expect more! I'm giving this a good rating because of that, but I would also not repurchase it given the chance, because of that too.

on 4/9/2015 5:04:00 PM

i love this powder it really stays matte I usually use mac studio and lancome matte after 3 or 4 hours my skin get oily . this is cheap and it works better then the ones Ive been using.

on 4/9/2015 12:19:00 PM

Really good, keeps me matt for the whole day and prevents my makeup from creasing

on 4/6/2015 6:37:00 AM

Pros:
- adds a little coverage if heavy-handed
- matte for probably 5-6 hours
- didn't break out
- price is very reasonable
- makes my face look flawless (definitely buff it in on top, it won't move the foundation)
- I have 2 back-ups LOL

Cons:
- cover is plastic, so I'm kinda scared it will break easily. but nbd tho.

Definitely a great product, will repurchase foreverrrrrrrr

Video Reviews & Tutorials