Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 8/28/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Experience; bought the product twice and I have loved it each time, but I have been getting dry skin lately and it just cakes up onto my dry patches. Recommendation; I totally recommend it if you have oily, combination or neutral skin. Pros; it does keep you matte for 6+ hours and if you have fair skin you will probably find a good match. Cons; The packaging to me seems kind of cheap. I don't like that the lid doesn't connect to the product and sometimes the lid cracks on the side. Also the shades aren't the best for people with tan - dark skin and all shades are mostly cool toned.

on 8/21/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A great drugstore setting powder! It doesn't have much coverage, but it keeps you matte and it won't look cakey. It does wear off after a long day though, especially if you're oily.

on 8/20/2015 10:36:00 PM

I have been using this for a few years now and always use it to set my foundation. I use the 001 Transparent shade and it helps my very oily skin stay matte for longer. Definitely works to keep my skin less oily throughout the day. I stopped using it because I ran out and noticed that my skin looked greasy within a few hours. My skin still gets a bit oily but it helps quite a bit.

on 8/20/2015 7:33:00 PM

I absolutely love this ! I apply before I leave to school and it truly keeps me matte all day. The only bad thing is it does have a strange fragrance but other than that this is a great powder !

For the price, this is definitely a great value. In fact, it's one of the best drugstore finishing powders out there, period. I always buy this in the translucent shade. I'm sure the other shades are fine, but I like to apply translucent finishing powders over all of my foundations so the color isn't altered. This will leave a little bit of a white cast, but if you apply it lightly, it won't affect your makeup. The texture is very fine milled. It does have a lot talc in it, which is unfortunate but it's to be expected. For the price (mine was $3) it's not a dealbreaker. If you apply this too liberally, it will cake and cling to your dry patches a little. You don't need to apply much. It mattifies nicely! However, you will definitely need to blot or touch up within 4 to 5 hours, maybe sooner. The packaging is kinda a bummer. The lid just snaps on and it breaks or falls off so easily. This can be a huge problem when you're traveling. The stuff inside is worth it, though! If you're looking for a cheap mattifying powder that does the job well, look no further. It's definitely worth every penny and it's an old favorite of mine.

on 8/20/2015 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have super oily skin. This product is pretty good for it's value. It doesn't keep my matte all day, but for at least a few hours and then some shine peeps through. It would be better it the lid was attached for better portability. If you dust it lightly over your skin, it doesn't look cakey at all.

I don't get the hype for this one. I'm an oily skinned gal and the matte effect does not last. The coverage isn't great either, but it still looks cakey (confusing!). It seems like any other cheap powder to me. Maybe it's just not amazing if you live in Arizona and also have oily skin, like me.

(Also, the packaging truly is horrid...you basically can't take it with you unless you do some DIY de-potting. Feels like dollar store makeup plastic. I cracked mine and shattered the powder, Boo.)

on 8/19/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This product really does its job! It is the finishing touch to my makeup and it really pulls the look together. Mattifies my face and sets the makeup.
I would recommend getting the translucent powder if you are using it to set your makeup.
But this product can only go so far - if you don't moisturize well or use a poor foundation, your makeup might slip and slide regardless.

on 8/19/2015 11:10:00 AM

This product is permanently in my makeup bag as I refuse to let myself run out of it. I can honestly say I swear by this powder when it comes to setting my makeup and keeping me matte. It is such a great product and that fact that it is so cheap (3.99-$6.24) you can stock up on it without it coming to too much. It doesn't look cakey at all and you only need a little bit of product to take away any unwanted shine. I find personally that it keeps my makeup matte for a long time and keeps my makeup on for most of the day too. If I have done any activities (sport,school,work etc..) sometimes I need to touch up during the day but only on my T-Zone as that is where I get oily but otherwise one layer of powder in the morning is enough.

I would really recommend this product as it is a lifesaver when it comes to my oily skin.

on 8/19/2015 8:20:00 AM

At this price point you get a very good amount of product. I don't really mind the no frills packaging but would have loved it if the packaging was a little more durable. The lid cracked with just 2 uses... So I knew this wouldn't be the powder that I can just slip in my bag and go. It would be mayhem in under an hour. I really tried to love this product. But I found it grainy, patchy, and too drying for my skin. Maybe if your skin was more oily, it would work. But for normal to dry , and specially sensitive, skin .... It's a pass.

Video Reviews & Tutorials