Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

I really love this product, I have purchased it 3 times already and I'm planning on buying another one when I run out. It does the job and doesn't look cakey. However, that packaging is a nightmare, but I guess it comes with the territory of really really small prices.

Great as a setting powder. I have dry skin but this does not accentuate dry patches. It's VERY affordable and, unlike a lot of other drugstore brands, the lightest shade is light enough for my very pale skin. The packaging very basic, which is good and bad. Good because there isn't any useless puff or bulkiness to it, but the lid cracks very easily.

Almost every beauty blogger/youtuber recommends this product and it seems to have a whole bunch of good reviews but i can honestly say this product is a failure, for me anyway. I've used this product for a couple of months now, i have the transparent shade, and was just waiting to find a product to replace it, which i now have. There are some things i liked about this product but unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros for me.

Pros: I do find that this made my makeup somewhat last a little longer than usual.
Its very cheap and affordable.
A lot of product so you wont be running out very soon.

cons: Was not actually translucent and added a white layer to my foundation
Clings to dry patches.
Always ended in my foundation looking cakey (even if my foundation was a luminous or light weight foundation).
Personally i found it added extra coverage to my foundation, which, for everyday, is a no.
Makes the under eye area look dry.

Also just a tip to all : using pressed powders is actually bad for the skin, it clogs up pores and causes extra oil production as the pores cannot 'breathe'. Find yourself a good matte or mineral loose setting powder.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? THIS POWDER IS FABULOUS FOR DRY SKIN I HAVE USED MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER FOR 20 YEARS LAURA MERCIER IS A JOKE IN MY OPINION SOAKED UP EVERY BIT OF MOISTURE IN MY FACE SO MY SECRET RECIPE AND BY THE WAY I LOOK ABOUT TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN MY 40 YEARS IS RCMA FOUNDATION YOU CAN GET IT AT CAMERA READY.COM HIGHLIGHT WITH BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION CONTOU WITH FAB CONCEALER IN NUTMEG CW O8

I just can't win. I am oily, but if I use this it definitely makes me get dry patches, which is unfortunate. It does give my tan skin a white cast. So obviously, I should use less, right? Well, if I do that, I don't get the texture finish I desire. I guess I just need to stay away from talc, even though everyone raves about it, every time I use it I end up with combo/oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff for a flawless finish and light coverage. Manages oily skin well and matches too my skin tone ( in the shade sandstorm). Very similar to Maybelline matte maker in the shade natural beige. Only downside is that the lid is a bit hard to open.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is a drugstore gem. My skin is oily and this keeps my skin fresh for many hours without a touch up, although I do need to use a blotting paper or two after 5 our 6 hours. It's too bad that the packaging doesn't make transporting this product possible. This $6 powder works as well as mattifying powders costing much more. I use the translucent shade and it works well with my $50 foundation (Dior) and it looks really nice and doesn't cake up at all. It's smooth and doesn't look powdery when I use Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. The spray melds the powder into the foundation keeping it fresh and preventing it from caking up too much. These products work well for me and this powder has proven to be a real find. It was recommended on MUA makeup board and I'm glad I decided to give it a try. My oily skin is very happy about it! I definitely recommend it for oily skin gals and those with combo skin as well. For $6 you certainly can't beat it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this is the shade sandy beige for about $6.99 CAD. My problem with this powder is that it didn't keep me matte for very long! I got oily around the 4 hour mark. My skin is pretty oily, but I was expecting more from this powder because it's name is "stay matte". I like it as a setting powder and it looks good when you first apply it. Maybe it's just because I don't like powders that you need to touch up with during the day because I'm just too lazy to, or it's my foundations problem. I will inevitably use blotting sheets throughout the day at least twice. Nevertheless, I will keep repurchasing it until I find something better. I'll try to use a full matte foundation with oil control claims with the powder and I might change my mind. I use a bb cream under it daily.

Good powder for setting makeup! Only have been used it for a few days, and seem to do its trick. I apply this all over my face especially in my t zone area where it's more oily. Last a lot longer than I thought (more than 5 hours), it's perfect for school of work!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This did wonders for my very oily skin. I wasn't expecting much since it is so affordable, but it actually controls my shine all day, I rarely re apply it. The colour range seems really nice too, my only problem with this product is the packaging, it looks cheap, it's not that easy to use and it doesn't have a mirror, and it will probably break if you toss it in your bag. Other than that, it's a great product for people with oily skin, definitely will be buying this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials