BeneFit Cosmetics Hoola Hues

3.8

on 5/2/2010 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is essential in my travel kit! Easy to use, and very natural. Eyeshadow: highlight & color. Bronzer: HOOLA! :D

CON:
The "lips" part in the middle is covered with bronzer >.<

Skip the brushes that it comes with, and use your own eye shadow & blush/powder brush.

on 12/13/2006 3:08:00 AM

Hate it. Bad colors, bad quality. BeneFit has let me down too many times. I won't be buying from them anymore.

on 5/8/2006 12:12:00 PM

My friend and I bought this at the same time. She really liked it. I wasn't that impressed. It looked prettier in the cute package. I hate the gloss and blush. The shadows are alright. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 5/1/2006 7:16:00 AM

I got this from a friend who bought it and didn't like it at all. I LOVE the packaging even though the little hoola bronzer brush is crap and I threw it away! The eyeshadow colours are really pretty as is the lipgloss. I am using these all the time recently. The eyeshadows are pinkish and beigey peach. Perfect for day wear! The hoola bronzer is just yucky on my naturally tanned olive complexion so I would imagine on more pale skin/fair skin it would look like mud!! Not flattering at all! Not even if applied with a gentle hand and blended well.

Love the magnetic case though! And the mirror!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this (and also the dandelion palette) for free from Benefitcosmetics.com for spending over $95.. anyway, I dont like the hoola bronzer, but I loooove the eyeshadow and lipgloss that come with it!! I never would have tried those colors otherwise. The lipgloss looks brown, but it doesnt come off as being that on me. Its a nice neutral. They eyeshadows are perfectly matched, and arent too shimmery, but arent flat either. I love the packaging. I love palettes and the magnetic closure. I wont buy this palette again - but maybe I will consider buying the full-sized versions of those eyeshadows.

on 8/3/2005 10:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. I am very fair with red/blond hair and blue eyes and this works whether I have a tan or not. It just gives me that finished look without being made up. The convenience of throwing the palette into my bag makes it divine!

on 1/5/2005 11:48:00 PM

Brilliant palette from BeneFit! Hoola Hues comes with 2 eyeshadows: the base color Me Myself & I is a shimmery beige, while the mid-toned shadow Buckle Bunny is a shimmery cocoa. Bahama Mama, the lipstick, is a shimmery bronze that looks dark in the palette but goes on sheer. All to complement, of course, the small square of Hoola bronzer. This palette meets all my standards: wearable, complementary shades of makeup that are pigmented enough to really enhance skin, an excellent bronzing powder that I prefer even to Guerlain's Terra-cotta bronzer, and the most adorable packaging ever. Their hype of "bring the warmth of the islands to your complexion with these bronze-kissed hues for eyes, cheeks & lips" is 100% true this time! A must-have, especially for travel.

on 1/4/2005 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This palette is great, except for the lipstick, which looks like a muddy brown. But I'm in love with the eye shadows, the bronze and champagne ones, which are so pretty and shimmery when worn together. The blush/bronzer is nice, but a little too dark, so I have to use a light hand or my face will look dirty.

on 12/29/2004 4:33:00 PM

I am an avid fan of HOOLA. so the pallette seemed like the perfect buy. I love the natural bronzey hues that come in the package. The cheek brush was a little flimsy. i used my own cheek brush to apply it on. But it's perfect to put in my purse when i go out and need to reappllly my makeup.

on 12/13/2004 7:12:00 PM

i love this little palette! i recently purchased it for myself this weekend while doing some christmas shopping. the lady at the benefit counter said if i didn't mind she'd like to test it out on me. i'm usually real hesitant about letting someone apply makeup on me. i'm soo glad i stopped though! she said the colors on me would be really pretty. (i'm a brunette w/brown eyes and a light olive skintone) the e/s stays put for a long time. a little goes a long way. i adore the bahama mama lipstick! it's the perfect little palette for me to carry around in my bag.

Popular Palettes