December 18, 2014 | 1546 users online

Crème - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Make-up

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I kind of like this product. But it is so expensive in my country! So this product is made in Germany...which is across the border from where I live- Switzerland. Everything is very expensive here but I was so dissapointed when I read the price on this one!

Anyway, now to the product.
For a while, I have been searching for a BB , TM, or something with light coverage as I tried so many foundations and powders, but none agreed with my finicky skin! Ugh...
So one day I was strolling around in a place where they have also Dr. Hauschka products and of course I had to try this!
The Word ''translucent'' caught my eyes. I said- this would be great for me.
But it wasn't and I was so sad.

I tried the 00. The smell is a bit funny, like perfumed alcohol. It goes smoothly on my skin. It is quite hydrating which compared to the other products I tried and looked cakey this is a plus, but it made my skin oily and on my chin I could still see some flakes (?).
It looked like the colour wasn't right for me, I have light skin and I choose the lightest shade but...it was too light! So, you could see the ''make up'' on my face. I tried the 2nd shade but it was too dark. I do understand that this is not a Foundation so they don't have 10 shades or more.

As for coverage, well, you need to have a good skin to start with, it covers a little bit of the redness and some small imperfections but of course will not cover pimples or cysts or something big and ugly. This is a translucent make up so yeah it won't cover much.
But this what I wanted and searched for, something to make my skin look nice without looking like I have a mask on. If they would put few more colours, I would use this product but for now I have to keep looking.

This is a good product overall and I was bit bummed because of the colour choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by shrokia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After constantly struggling with regular chemical foundations breaking me out, or worse giving me small tiny bumps (pityrosporum folliculitis) caused by too much junk clogging my delicate pores I decided to change my skin care routine. A trip to the dermatologist helped with the deep down acne and folliculitis problems (thank you oral meds and high strength topical creams.) After knowing what was causing my skin problems I started looking at my skin care ingredients and looked up all those long chemical words and ingredients to find out what exactly they are…Long story short I didn't like what I was putting on my face, I was also shocked to know that Europe is farther ahead than the US in banning harmful chemicals in skin and body care products…Disturbing, and mind opening, it was time to change!

I found Dr Hauschka makeup at Wholefoods and compared the ingredients to the other natural make-up lines they carry and Dr. H's was the only one with a straight forward and healthy ingredient list. I am between 00 and 01 and ideally mixing them together would be a better match but at $40 a tube I decided to just get 00.

I think its important to mention here that (at least in my experience) going for more natural products means less chemical gunk on your face and thus less coverage. "Translucent Make-up" says it all in the title, this is not a magic cover me all cream. This cream for me mostly helps even out my skin tone and mildly cover blemishes for a natural finish. Using Dr. H's concealer around my eyes and nose helps more and finishing with a powder gives even better "coverage." Expect an improved enhancement of your skin, don't expect acne scars, overly enlarged pores, freckles, budding pimples or the like to be hidden but just slightly masked.

I live in a humid climate so in the summer I wash my face, do a liquid lotion and then apply Dr. H's Translucent Make-up. I do get shinny as the day goes on but I've learned to accept it, summer is summer and everyone around me is shinny so I don't mind not having a matte finish. From fall to early spring its more dry here so I wash, then apply a light moisturizer (Dr. H's normalizing day oil in a very small amount) and then the makeup. I usually finish with a bronzing powder to add some color and glow since I'm fair skinned.

Overall I like this makeup and will buy it again once I run out. It's exactly what I expected it to be, and doesn't give me any skin problems. (I don't use it everyday though) The price is high but a little goes a long way, and coverage is buildable to a certain point. Finishing with a powder takes this make-up to an even better level. Since liking this Im thinking to try Dr. H's face powders. (using Aveda's at the moment)

This review is getting long but one last thing I think needs more mentioning in reviews like this is lifestyle. What are you eating? Are you stressed? Do you get enough rest? Have you been on antibiotics for more than 6 months at a time? Do you live in a city where theres more pollution? If you have troubled skin maybe its time to look at the bigger picture. The body is a machine made up of delicate organs all working and linked together. Skin is the largest organ of the body, are you taking proper care of it? :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by YouCanCallMeAl

This stuff is my Holy Grail. I have very sensitive skin, and I can't tolerate silicones, bismuth, and a litany of other things. I wanted a lightweight, sheer makeup with sun protection, but every BB cream or foundation I've tried has either made me itch, clogged my pores, or made me break out. This makeup is AMAZING. It feels totally weightless, doesn't make me greasy, makes my skin nice and even without looking too heavy, doesn't make me itch, and has actually made my skin look BETTER. No clogged pores, no redness, nothing. I got it in shade 00, and it looks very light out of the tube but blends with my skin perfectly, in a sheer, mostly matte but still fresh-looking finish. It provides a good base for my concealer (rms uncover-up) and I set everything with make up for ever's HD loose powder. I live in a very hot, humid climate, and this stays all day without melting or making me oily. It's very expensive for a pretty small tube, but it works so well I'm okay with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

After switching over to Dr. Hauschka's skincare, I finally decided it was time to switch out my makeup as well. What's the point in having a good skincare routine that includes using more natural ingredients if I end up using makeup everyday that contains toxic chemicals? It was a tough decision but I finally followed through with it. I personally prefer medium to full coverage foundations since I do have blemishes and my skin is far from perfect. I was extremely hesitant to try this foundation but after reading the good reviews posted on here, I decided to give it a go. After purchasing this, I kind of put off testing it out for a week or so but finally got around to it.

Now, my skin has been a lot better after using the skincare line. I don't have any active breakouts, in fact, I haven't had a single pimple for a good while. Not even during my period! (I don't want to jinx myself but I have to mention it!) I still have hyperpigmentation and my cheek area tends to be a little pinkish at times. I was fully aware that this provides sheer coverage so I wasn't expecting much at all. To my surprise this evened out my skin tone and covered majority of my cheek's pinkish hue. Of course, my hyperpigmentation still peeked through but this does a superb job at looking like your skin but better. It leaves a nice dewy finish but unfortunately for my oily combination skin, I had to use a setting powder to make sure I don't turn into a oily mess. It still looked great afterwards and I consistently get compliments from strangers about how great my skin looks. It definitely doesn't leave that mask type of look foundations can leave. The texture is great and it's super easy to blend in this foundation. If you're worried about blemishes still being prominent, I pair this up with the Pure Care Cover Stick for a flawless look. This is long lasting because I've been testing it by using it for work the past couple weeks and this does not budge! I love it. If you don't need a whole lot of coverage, definitely consider this foundation. If you're expecting something with medium coverage, look elsewhere, you're barking up the wrong tree.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yikes! For me, this is the worst of both worlds. I expected a natural sheer glow with just a hint of color. The color (01) looked promising - a true beige with no yellow or orange undertones. The texture seemed like a beautiful get. I was able to get a generous sample to take home and couldn't wait to try it.
First off, this has a horrendous medicinal smell. I applied it and it was a streaky orange that made my skin feel tight. I couldn't wait to wash it off

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only foundation I will put on my skin. I don't wear foundation every day, but when I do, why would I want to smother my skin with a bunch of chemicals when I can use this 100% natural formulation? I use Dr. H's skincare, too, so I don't want to undo the good. That being said, this is a great makeup. Sheer and glowy. Not matte, not shiny, somewhere in between. I vacillate between shade 00 and 01. I wish they would offer more shades....the 01 is a light neutral beige, the 00 is a VERY pale yellow-based ivory. It goes on beautifully and smells heavenly! If you can find a good shade I would recommend this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation.
It gives me a fresh natural looking face and feels amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

-Best for normal/dry skin (not very dry, because it will emphasize dry patches)
-If you want just to even skin tone, add a little glow
-The texture is rich/creamy, not VERY easy to spread

My combination skin after few hours is and feels oily and heavy from this foundation

Color range is not very good for fair skin and for skins with yellow undertones (not asian!) or those who want to cover up capillaries with a little bit of yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by CassieMichael

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I created an account just so I could review Dr Hauschka's translucent make up. I have tried almost every natural foundation/tinted moisturizer on the market and this is the best! I think the coverage is great. It glides right on and stays put all day. Only foundation that didn't make me feel incredibly dry at the end of the day. I also feel it smoothed out my fine lines under my eyes, as well. The reason I tried it is because my neighbor across the street always has beautiful glowing skin and she said this is what she uses! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! From looking at the reviews, this one's all over the place in the ratings, kind of a love/hate thing, and I think it's because it's so different.

First, there's the scent -- which I love -- but you should smell it first and make sure you do, too! Next, when you try it on, you'll see it's called translucent for a reason. It's not like any foundation I've ever tried (quite a few over the years!) It doesn't look like you're wearing makeup, it just looks like your skin has a smooth, Magic Hour glow. (Not shiny, and not dewy, and Definitely not cakey/powdery or sparkly but a healthy -- yes, translucent -- glow.)

What's not to like? Well, it doesn't cover a lot unless you mix it with something -- and then you can get the best of both, which is what my daughter does. (She mixes with a little light concealer, mostly because we got 01 (fair) which is my color but too dark for her.) At first, with my older skin, I didn't like it because of the lack of much coverage. But then after seeing how perfect and glowy she looked (ok, she's 16 but even her skin doesn't usually have that perfect glow!) I tried again! We both sometimes use it with the (watery) bronzer, to shade and sculpt. I used it with concealer. It looks good.

Why use it at all? It makes your skin look better. Unlike normal foundation, which hides but does NOT look like skin, this does, but better. The color isn't flat but has depth, and looks good in different lighting. Need more reasons? I figure you wear foundation possibly all day every day, and if you don't use primer and such, it may be the closest stuff to your skin, so it has the best chance of enhancing or ruining your skin. The Hauschka ingredients are from a natural care skin company and are actually good for your skin. (It does have some alcohol in this, which some people don't like but I'm ok with -- it does evaporate.)

Why am I going on so long? Because I feel like this makeup is misunderstood, which means there are probably a lot of women out there who might benefit if they want a different, glowy, real, non-makeupy look (and/or are willing to experiment with mixing.) I almost missed out on using this, and at my age, it's nice to put my best face forward:)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No