April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Crème - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Make-up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

After switching over to Dr. Hauschka's skincare, I finally decided it was time to switch out my makeup as well. What's the point in having a good skincare routine that includes using more natural ingredients if I end up using makeup everyday that contains toxic chemicals? It was a tough decision but I finally followed through with it. I personally prefer medium to full coverage foundations since I do have blemishes and my skin is far from perfect. I was extremely hesitant to try this foundation but after reading the good reviews posted on here, I decided to give it a go. After purchasing this, I kind of put off testing it out for a week or so but finally got around to it.

Now, my skin has been a lot better after using the skincare line. I don't have any active breakouts, in fact, I haven't had a single pimple for a good while. Not even during my period! (I don't want to jinx myself but I have to mention it!) I still have hyperpigmentation and my cheek area tends to be a little pinkish at times. I was fully aware that this provides sheer coverage so I wasn't expecting much at all. To my surprise this evened out my skin tone and covered majority of my cheek's pinkish hue. Of course, my hyperpigmentation still peeked through but this does a superb job at looking like your skin but better. It leaves a nice dewy finish but unfortunately for my oily combination skin, I had to use a setting powder to make sure I don't turn into a oily mess. It still looked great afterwards and I consistently get compliments from strangers about how great my skin looks. It definitely doesn't leave that mask type of look foundations can leave. The texture is great and it's super easy to blend in this foundation. If you're worried about blemishes still being prominent, I pair this up with the Pure Care Cover Stick for a flawless look. This is long lasting because I've been testing it by using it for work the past couple weeks and this does not budge! I love it. If you don't need a whole lot of coverage, definitely consider this foundation. If you're expecting something with medium coverage, look elsewhere, you're barking up the wrong tree.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yikes! For me, this is the worst of both worlds. I expected a natural sheer glow with just a hint of color. The color (01) looked promising - a true beige with no yellow or orange undertones. The texture seemed like a beautiful get. I was able to get a generous sample to take home and couldn't wait to try it.
First off, this has a horrendous medicinal smell. I applied it and it was a streaky orange that made my skin feel tight. I couldn't wait to wash it off

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only foundation I will put on my skin. I don't wear foundation every day, but when I do, why would I want to smother my skin with a bunch of chemicals when I can use this 100% natural formulation? I use Dr. H's skincare, too, so I don't want to undo the good. That being said, this is a great makeup. Sheer and glowy. Not matte, not shiny, somewhere in between. I vacillate between shade 00 and 01. I wish they would offer more shades....the 01 is a light neutral beige, the 00 is a VERY pale yellow-based ivory. It goes on beautifully and smells heavenly! If you can find a good shade I would recommend this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation.
It gives me a fresh natural looking face and feels amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

-Best for normal/dry skin (not very dry, because it will emphasize dry patches)
-If you want just to even skin tone, add a little glow
-The texture is rich/creamy, not VERY easy to spread

My combination skin after few hours is and feels oily and heavy from this foundation

Color range is not very good for fair skin and for skins with yellow undertones (not asian!) or those who want to cover up capillaries with a little bit of yellow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by CassieMichael

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I created an account just so I could review Dr Hauschka's translucent make up. I have tried almost every natural foundation/tinted moisturizer on the market and this is the best! I think the coverage is great. It glides right on and stays put all day. Only foundation that didn't make me feel incredibly dry at the end of the day. I also feel it smoothed out my fine lines under my eyes, as well. The reason I tried it is because my neighbor across the street always has beautiful glowing skin and she said this is what she uses! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! From looking at the reviews, this one's all over the place in the ratings, kind of a love/hate thing, and I think it's because it's so different.

First, there's the scent -- which I love -- but you should smell it first and make sure you do, too! Next, when you try it on, you'll see it's called translucent for a reason. It's not like any foundation I've ever tried (quite a few over the years!) It doesn't look like you're wearing makeup, it just looks like your skin has a smooth, Magic Hour glow. (Not shiny, and not dewy, and Definitely not cakey/powdery or sparkly but a healthy -- yes, translucent -- glow.)

What's not to like? Well, it doesn't cover a lot unless you mix it with something -- and then you can get the best of both, which is what my daughter does. (She mixes with a little light concealer, mostly because we got 01 (fair) which is my color but too dark for her.) At first, with my older skin, I didn't like it because of the lack of much coverage. But then after seeing how perfect and glowy she looked (ok, she's 16 but even her skin doesn't usually have that perfect glow!) I tried again! We both sometimes use it with the (watery) bronzer, to shade and sculpt. I used it with concealer. It looks good.

Why use it at all? It makes your skin look better. Unlike normal foundation, which hides but does NOT look like skin, this does, but better. The color isn't flat but has depth, and looks good in different lighting. Need more reasons? I figure you wear foundation possibly all day every day, and if you don't use primer and such, it may be the closest stuff to your skin, so it has the best chance of enhancing or ruining your skin. The Hauschka ingredients are from a natural care skin company and are actually good for your skin. (It does have some alcohol in this, which some people don't like but I'm ok with -- it does evaporate.)

Why am I going on so long? Because I feel like this makeup is misunderstood, which means there are probably a lot of women out there who might benefit if they want a different, glowy, real, non-makeupy look (and/or are willing to experiment with mixing.) I almost missed out on using this, and at my age, it's nice to put my best face forward:)

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by sparkleplenti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use a stippling brush to dab in a dollup of this cream on the back of my hand and it applies flawlessly buy gently buffing it around. I had broken out from wearing Pur Minerals makeup to sleep one weekend (bad I know), and this started to clear up my skin after the first day of use. It does not make me oily, nor dry... just right. This is a God send to my ever troubled skin. I believe it is soon to be if not already, my HG foundation :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sunnysusy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this and had hopes of finding an organic or natural foundation. The coverage is okay, and the lightest shade was good for my fair skin. However, the formula is far too drying. My skin would feel itchy almost immediately after putting this on and by the end of the day my skin was dehydrated and dull. It was also very difficult to wash off. The cleanser (Eucerin) I had used to wash off my other foundations (Dermalogica) did not wash off this one. A strange waxy film was left on my skin. I had to triple-cleanse with oils + wash-off cleansers to get this off my skin. Also it broke me out. I tried this for every day for about 2 weeks but it did not work out for me. Now Im left with dehydrated, itchy skin that Im trying to heal with Bepanthen... Stay away from this foundation if you have sensitive, combo skin that is on the dry side.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of shopping around, I've settled on this as the best base I can find, and it is lovely. I love the texture and smell, the way it melts in to look like skin and doesn't emphasize pores or lines. It has medium coverage and causes no breakouts. It also is matte, more matte than powder mineral mu on me. I will stick to it.