August 20, 2014 | 1818 users online

Powder - Givenchy - Matissime Absolute Matte Finish Powder Foundation SPF 20

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lolo100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this product 3 months ago. I asked the SA for a matte powder for my oily and dry skin and she showed me this product. At first I was not too sure about a product that absorbs the oil yet hydrates the dry areas at the same time. After her demonstration on my face, I took some time at the mall, shopped around and after a few hours later, her word was true. So I went back and gladly purchased it.

I have a colour that it matched very well to my skin tone, and most of the time there is no need to wear foundation and I like the medium coverage this product has. It absorbs my shine, neutralizes my red undertones and hydrates my dry areas that usually would look cracked with makeup. Plus it had spf 20! So it has everything that I need in a product.

The packaging is pretty and the perfect size for the handbag (another bonus), the only problem I have is with the sponge, I don't find it optimal for application.

My aim that day was to buy the new Chanel loose powder (the one with Giselle on the advert) but I am glad they were out of stock (an ongoing problem with them) as the Givenchy powder surpasses it and they sell refills for a discounted rate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The product is probably good, it simply didn't suit me. The powder is very "powdery". Even though it is a compact foundation, it would get quite dusty when applied with a brush. I did't like it since it was very powdery on my skin and the foundation was quite visible.
The packaging is very nice though. Most of Givenchy packaging is very nice to hold and deal with :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by mylittlehotpants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this for 3 weeks now! Totally dig it. Coverage is good, and face stays matte. The sponge is no good though. They should make softer sponge (like NARS !!)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by aadaastra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this powder for about 4 years now. and even though i would love to switch to something cheaper then that but it is just fabulous so i stick with it. I have a very oily skin, sometimes i use liquid foundation, sometimes i use only concealer and this powder. Yeah, in like 3-4 hours i get oily again.. but come on! if you have oily skin it is not like you dont expect it to happen during day. Especially in summer. I like to set it with a spray, or it sets quite fast by itself. The shade Mat Satin is the lightest one and works great for very light skin like mine. It does not cover the redness that great, but this powder is not supposed to give you the full coverage. I cover my blemishes first and then put it on and it works amazing. i use it always, i would say it lasts for a couple of months for me. And refills are cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by esthered

I was skeptical after I bought this, considering my skin is a combination of oily and dry (dry being the bigger percentage).

That thought quickly changed. I LOVE this. The powder is fine and gives me light, smooth coverage. It evens out my imperfections and pores and stays put for hours, and I mean hours. I was out doing capoeira, dancing and walking a ton, and even ten hours later, it stayed put. That is how amazing this powder is.

I use it together with Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light foundation and it is perfect. I love it. My only concern is the sponge applicator. I really don't like it but I guess I will make do.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 8:31:00 AM More reviews by MaryBulychev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've ordered GIVENCHY Matissime Absolute Matte Finish Powder Foundation SPF 20 # 13 Matte Satin 7.5g/0.26oz in Refill box from Strawberry.net, because a lot of people like it so much and recommend it as a foundation with nice medium coverage and matt finish.
What I have to say...
The colour itself (#13) fits my fair skin quite nice.
It really gives me matt finish for ~3 hours.
Medium coverage - it could hide minor imperfections - yes!
But in spite of that I put it on with my powder brush it looks a bit too powdery and heavy on my face anyway.
The one thing more...
I think that if you have a young, beautiful and healthy skin with no pores, not so oily maybe, then this product could be a very nice powder for you. Unfortunately, I have no big but really huge pores, so this foundation marks them all, as a result I get more older look, which, indeed, I do not like so much ;-))))))
Actually, I could recommend this foundation for younger girls with normal skin without really problems.
My Matissime foundation is in refill plastic box, so it was rather cheap compare to the full compact package, but not so pleasant to use, for the powder pot itself is not fixed to this box, so you need to hold it with your hand during all the time you apply the foundation.
Hope it was helpful!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I rarely wear foundation and had a bad experience with powder foundation many years ago (dried out my skin and made me look really pale) so have always steered clear of it. I did want a powder though as the weather is heating up here (in Dubai) and my skin is getting a bit oily so....

... off to Areej. I have been very happy with Givenchy purchases in the past so thought I would give it a go (without checking MUA first or even considering other brands.. haram!). I was recommended this in beige and I have to say that so far it has proven to be a perfect colour for my fair to slightly tanned skin. It does not feel powdery at all and looks incredibly natural (I am still shocked at this - perhaps I was getting the wrong colour previously!). I do have to say that it does not stay matt all day for me - in fact I find after just a few hours I need a very slight touch up, however, as it doesn't feel heavy or made up I have no problem with this.

As most reviewers, I love the packaging too but feel the sponge that comes with it does not do the product justice. It goes on much smoother with my own thicker/softer powder buff. It looks a llippy for that.

Price-wise I can't remember what I paid for it but it seemed reasonable.

As most Givenchy products - this is a keeper! Highly recommended

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation looking for a powder foundation that would give me a matte skin finish without looking too powdery on my face during summer. Its a pricey foundation (the packaging is actually quite small compared to other pressed foundation) but it does have that perfectly neutral color for fair skin types that is neither too white, nor too yellow-ish, nor too pinky, it really does look neutral.
Its mattifying effect is real on normal weather but it doesn't work all day through a hot summer day and it isn't water resistant to extremely wet weather either.
First I was disappointed that it does have a rather medium to low covering power compared to other foundations of the same type (like Shiseido for example) but you can layer it and its particles never look weird on your complexion (I have combination and rather sensitive complexion). The reason why I gave it 5 lippies is its very good neutral color, its matte without being too matte look, the fact that it doesn't dry off my drier face parts, and that you can layer it without streaks of dust particles that would show too artificial and gross on your face.
If you have a bad skin day this foundation will not work you unless you use a really good concealer first. It will also not work as a powder over another foundation (tried that when I thought it didn't cover enough) because it is a foundation and not pressed powder.
Overall I would recommend this to anyone with combination skin without a need for full coverage, who is looking for a matte but natural skin look and is not very short on money because for the same price you can find good brand foundations that come in larger amounts.
One thing they could improve is the little sponge though - it has a really good texture and resistence but it's very flat, you don't get a thick enough side to use for the harder to reach zones on your face like around your nose and inner eyes corners.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

minimal coverage and makes me look shiney. no oil control. this sucks!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Kayraven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this from my mom, but she didn't really guess with the shade so now I use it as a bronzer, which works well too. It's a great product that has a wonderful soft texture, really mattes the skin and hides pores, which is a HG for oily skin. It also has a very pleasant smell and there are some nearly invisible sparkles, which makes the skin glow. After applying the product, skin becomes softer. I also love the package, Givenchy has beautiful design. The only disadvantage is the price and the size, which is far too small for the price. A definite keeper.