Cover Girl Natural Rose

3.0

on 5/12/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This blush is not the best - it is not very pigmented and is kind of chalky - however, it so compact and great for on the go - not only because of the small packaging but also because you can apply it in a hurry without having to concentrate and blend really good. Just brush it on and there's a slight pop of color. Great for touch ups. It looks much brighter in person - a matte pinky peach.

on 3/23/2013 10:49:00 AM

I am very surprised by the low ratings for this blush; It is actually one of my favorites!

I don't know if they have changed the fragrance on these with the slightly newer packaging, but the smell to me is not harsh or cloying. It has a nice, powdery scent that feels kind of "vintage," but I only notice it when I have the package open or when I am dusting a brush over the pan.

The name "natural rose" is quite fitting; it gives my NC15-20 skin a very natural flush that doesn't look like I'm wearing blush. I use this color for interviews or with looks that have bold eyes and/or lips to keep my cheeks subtle.

Yes, the brush is a little dinky, but I have used this product for travel, and if you don't have a bush brush with you, the included brush is not bad in a pinch.
The price is very good, around $4, My only con is the size of the pan and the sticker on the packaging. The small pan means you don't get a lot of product, and is more difficult to use with a full-size blush brush. I like that there is a sticker for a safety seal on the package, but that sticker has the product name/shade on it, and if you peel it off, I don't believe you have another way of identifying the color. I just stuck it to the back of the case, but I wish the shade name was printed elsewhere on the case too.

If you are used to working with highly pigmented blushes, or like to do dramatic cheeks, this product won't be great for you. But if you like to keep your cheeks natural and add a tiny bit of color, or you're just starting to wear blush, I would definitely recommend this shade.

It breaks me out so quickly! I tried it on the other day to see if maybe it was something else that broke me out and wore no other makeup on my cheeks. I got zits the next day :P No repurchase! I don't know why I kept buying from covergirl. I keep not liking the products. They also test on animals so no more buying from them for me in general. The smell is so perfumy and I don't like that either.

on 2/9/2013 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Good Lord, this smells awful. And not just in the initial application, but HOURS later, i could still smell it on my face! Sort of like moth balls + old lady perfume + musk. yuck. i'm not even that sensitive to fragrance, but yikes.... this stuff smells just horrible. That said, (which honestly is a lot considering that the smell alone makes using this product so unbearable), the shade "natural rose" was alright. it wasn't very pigmented, so it took a lot of swipes from that hard-bristled brush it comes with to even show on my NC20 skin. it did have a faint "frost" look to it, similar to blushes in the 1980s..... so........... yeah......... not good. as my toddler would say, "it's yucky."

on 12/18/2012 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This blush is straight up horrible. First of all, the packaging is ridiculous. I don't know how you're supposed to fit a blush brush in that little space but whatever. Next, it has this weird funky smell that I CANNOT stand. And it's not pigmented AT ALL. I can swirl my brush in the blush a billion times and nothing would show up on my cheek. This is my first Cover Girl blush and definitely my last.

on 11/26/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first cheekers blush and I was looking forward to trying it but was severely disappointed. I have light skin so I thought this would show up well on me but it won't even show on my finger when I try to swatch! It feels really chalky too. I tried another cheekers blush (plumberry glow) after this one and the texture was so much nicer and there was actually a lot of pigmentation. So maybe this particular color just sucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

There is no pigmentation in this blush at all like you rub and rub and rub and my finger is still white not even shimmer.Not all cg blushes are like that I have the instant cheek bones in peach and there is amazing pigmentation in all three colors

on 9/1/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all, I just want to say that I think that most drugstore blushes suck. I've tried most major brands, and they all seem to lack pigmentation. Now, having said that, I think that Cover Girl Cheekers are some of the most pigmented drugstore blushes. That doesn't mean that they are well pigmented, it just means that they seem to be more pigmented than the other brands I've tried (Maybelline, L'oreal, Revlon).

I actually really love this color. It is quite nice and natural. It works well with my warm colored skin. It's pink without being too pink. I don't find the pigmentation that bad. Maybe the fact that I apply it with a MAC brush helps. I wish it lasted a bit longer.

The packaging is pretty bad. It can be difficult to get the product onto the brush (a real brush not the silly one that comes with it). I wish the packaging were shaped differently.

I gave this 4 lippies because although the packaging sucks, it is super cheap. I do find myself using this quite a bit.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Total blush fail. Out of the Cheekers blushes that I hauled, this one was a dud. It's too bad because it looked like it would be a bright, matte, pretty peachy-pink. Unfortunately, the color would not show up on my NC30 skin, nor would it swatch on my hand at all even when I swiped multiple times. Nonexistent Rose is a better name for this shade. Reformulate this one, CG!

on 4/9/2011 11:26:00 PM

this is my go-to blush color. i'm usually in the bottom three shades of foundation, so i'm pretty pale, although i am not fair, my skin has an olive sheen to it. it is a perfect color for my skin tone. it kind of gives the effect as pinching your cheeks for a long amount of time. it's such a pretty color. it runs around $4.50, so it's a pretty average price. i've never had it break on me, although the brush does get kind of jumbled up & winged out. i usually sweep about two sweeps of it on to my brush then apply it & it's just goregous. it stays on for a long amount of time & has great color payoff. i would recommend this product to anyone with a skin tone like mine.

Popular Blush Products