August 1, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Brightening Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got mini versions of these inside of palettes I bought from their Disney collections. They aren't bad eyeliners, they are decently opaque and the black shade does highlight the eyes. They are good for thin lines but I find that the pencil is not as creamy or thick as I would like. I tend to only line my bottom lash and I found this to be more patchy and disappear quicker that way. I'd suggest trying one of their other eyeliners like the gel or liquid over this, even at a low cost other brands have a better black pencil than this. It got 3 stars because the mini versions are perfect for my gym bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got mine when I made last min plans, had no make up on type thing, so ran into the nearest $$ Store. Cost all of $1.70 CAD so I didn't expect much...Well it turned out perfectly. Rolled on my lids w/ ease & stayed put. I will re-purchase until I can. I opt for it most days over my liquid or gel liners. It's easy to use & the black color is very black. Not good for waterline but works well on my eye lids & under-neath the waterline. Even in the heat it stayed on. Love it & love the price!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I bought this because I left my usually black Kat Von D waterline eyeliner at a friends house. I thought, "Hey why not try something that brightens my waterline?" So I went to Target and saw this one. I brought it home and put it on; well attempted. This would not go on my waterline what so ever. It also irritated my waterline to the point where it was bright red. Not a big fan of Elf.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by girlnextd00rr

This pencil eyeliner may be cheap, but it isn't even value for money.

The first time I used it, the colour came out as light and patchy. Maybe it's because I was still new to eyeliners, but it was really difficult to get an even and defined line. I had to go over the line numerous times and it would tug painfully at my eyelids/lash line. :(

After I used the sharpener, the colour definitely became smoother and more pigmented. But this led to another problem-when I blinked, the pigment would transfer all over my eyelids! Within a couple of minutes, the product had given me racoon eyes wtf. (Nope, I do not have oily eyelids.)

Overall, I will not recommend this to anyone, unless you're staying in the US, can get it for cheap and just want to try it out. It's disappointing that I had to pay international shipping for something that I plan to chuck at the bottom of my drawer after trying it for a couple of times.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by summerblossom6

This is a great eyeliner! I have it in black and it is just fabulous pencil eyeliner. It glides on smoothly and creamily and gives you a perfect, thin straight line. Despite the fact that it does not claim to be waterproof, it really kind of fails in the staying intact part. If you itch your eyelid, or have really oily eyelids (like myself) I would not recommend this. Even though I put on primer and shadow, it still just smudged off really quickly (maybe only a couple of hours intact). But if you have dry eyelids, don't ever scratch your eyelids, and are in a completely cooled place all day, you'll be fine. But you have to remember, this product doesn't claim any waterproof capabilities or any lasting powers so I didn't feel too bad (plus it was only a buck!) so don't even think about putting it on your waterline or tight-line because it'll be gone in like half an hour.If you won't be sweating or being in a warm place though, I would totally recommend this product because it gives such a nice smooth pretty line! I really love this product but it just wasn't for me I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this eyeliner! it gives good color pay off, it lasts a pretty long time and its super cheap!

Pros:
Super cheap!
Good pigmentation
last's a good amount of time
doesn't smudge

cons:
it doesn't lasts all day but about 4-6hrs

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

As I've tried more ELF products over time, I've come to the realization that for me, many products within this line are very hit or miss. I bought this eyeliner in Coffee solely for the purpose of practicing how to line my eyes, a skill which I admit I am complete rubbish at. The price was more than right for my purposes (you even get a sharpener thrown in), and that is one of the reasons I do have a soft spot for the brand, as it's such a good one to experiment with items that you get curious about.
After a bit of trial and error, I definitely think there are better eye pencils to be had out there: It is not a very creamy pencil, hence it does not glide on easily, and smudges more than anything. I don't find the pigmentation that intense either. Again, this could be purely down to my lack of skill, and if you know what you're doing, you'll probably get good results. All is not lost however: It actually makes an incredibly decent eyebrow pencil, and I've even used it as an overall wash on my eyelid (smudged on with a fingertip), and it has performed quite well in keeping any powder shadows I put over the top of it in place.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I decided to try other shades of this eyeliner after being impressed with a miniature version of the black which came with the E.L.F. Beauty Book Smoky Eye Edition. I purchased the brown and purple shades and as they only cost 1.50GBP each, I also got a full-sized version of the black too.

I must confess I was probably expecting too much from these, and as a result have been sadly let down. The black is still the best out of the three, but even that is quite chalky which is hugely disappointing when you consider I'd loved the miniature version so much. As for the other two colours - the brown is wishy-washy at best, whilst the purple has the same chalky consistency as the black. And neither are easy to apply.

I've now used them all a handful of times, but each time have been put off by their consistency, the fact that they drag across your eyelid and their staying power (the purple being the worst culprit). I've taken to using the brown shade as a brow pencil, which seems to work better than it did as an eyeliner, so at least it's not been a complete waste of money. As for the other two, I suspect they'll end up in the bin quite soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by LorenaFountains

Elf has great products, but this is definitely not one!! I was really disappointed, it doesn't appear visible at all! Definitely a waste of a dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by amwatson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's a dollar!!!! What is everybody expecting. I'd say that for what I paid it worked just fine.