E.L.F. Brightening Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/30/2015 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It smudges and doesnt last long. I dont have oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have two of these, one in a coffee brown and in black. I do have better eyeliners, but these are very useful. I love the simple packaging. Mine came in an eyeliner gift set, so they didn't have sharpeners, but the other ones do. My only complaint is that they tend to move a little and smudge throughout the day, but nothing a little eyeshadow can't fix. Would buy again considering how cheap they were.

on 9/17/2014 1:12:00 AM

My favorite eyeliner! It's the best I've ever used. (I previously used Maybelline's Define-A-Line. I like this one much better.)
It's long lasting, goes on good, plus has a nice, deep color (I use black).
I don't think I'll ever use a different eyeliner! :) Definitely recommend,

on 8/19/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

it's ONE dollar, plus comes with a great little sharpener, so if you are complaining....

that being said, the one I have is in coffee, and is super old and waxy. this makes it flawless for brows, since the antiquity of the pigment makes it nice and gentle, since no one wants sharpie brows (I hope) and the waxy factor keeps the brows in their assigned seats.

THE COLOR IS PERFECT. i have black brows and it is cool toned enough to look natural, and I don't know how but even on my balder spots it looks natural next to my black hairs....? and it also looked good on my blonde friend's brows....? makeup magic....?

that being said I got a new one and since it isn't old it isn't *quite* as perfect, but I have high hopes for the future of my brows, and will leave it out without a cap for a while.

ps: coffee is a non waterproof dupe for the sephora brand waterproof eyebrow pencil in soft charcoal

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got mini versions of these inside of palettes I bought from their Disney collections. They aren't bad eyeliners, they are decently opaque and the black shade does highlight the eyes. They are good for thin lines but I find that the pencil is not as creamy or thick as I would like. I tend to only line my bottom lash and I found this to be more patchy and disappear quicker that way. I'd suggest trying one of their other eyeliners like the gel or liquid over this, even at a low cost other brands have a better black pencil than this. It got 3 stars because the mini versions are perfect for my gym bag.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got mine when I made last min plans, had no make up on type thing, so ran into the nearest $$ Store. Cost all of $1.70 CAD so I didn't expect much...Well it turned out perfectly. Rolled on my lids w/ ease & stayed put. I will re-purchase until I can. I opt for it most days over my liquid or gel liners. It's easy to use & the black color is very black. Not good for waterline but works well on my eye lids & under-neath the waterline. Even in the heat it stayed on. Love it & love the price!!

on 12/7/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So I bought this because I left my usually black Kat Von D waterline eyeliner at a friends house. I thought, "Hey why not try something that brightens my waterline?" So I went to Target and saw this one. I brought it home and put it on; well attempted. This would not go on my waterline what so ever. It also irritated my waterline to the point where it was bright red. Not a big fan of Elf.

This pencil eyeliner may be cheap, but it isn't even value for money.

The first time I used it, the colour came out as light and patchy. Maybe it's because I was still new to eyeliners, but it was really difficult to get an even and defined line. I had to go over the line numerous times and it would tug painfully at my eyelids/lash line. :(

After I used the sharpener, the colour definitely became smoother and more pigmented. But this led to another problem-when I blinked, the pigment would transfer all over my eyelids! Within a couple of minutes, the product had given me racoon eyes wtf. (Nope, I do not have oily eyelids.)

Overall, I will not recommend this to anyone, unless you're staying in the US, can get it for cheap and just want to try it out. It's disappointing that I had to pay international shipping for something that I plan to chuck at the bottom of my drawer after trying it for a couple of times.

This is a great eyeliner! I have it in black and it is just fabulous pencil eyeliner. It glides on smoothly and creamily and gives you a perfect, thin straight line. Despite the fact that it does not claim to be waterproof, it really kind of fails in the staying intact part. If you itch your eyelid, or have really oily eyelids (like myself) I would not recommend this. Even though I put on primer and shadow, it still just smudged off really quickly (maybe only a couple of hours intact). But if you have dry eyelids, don't ever scratch your eyelids, and are in a completely cooled place all day, you'll be fine. But you have to remember, this product doesn't claim any waterproof capabilities or any lasting powers so I didn't feel too bad (plus it was only a buck!) so don't even think about putting it on your waterline or tight-line because it'll be gone in like half an hour.If you won't be sweating or being in a warm place though, I would totally recommend this product because it gives such a nice smooth pretty line! I really love this product but it just wasn't for me I guess.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually really like this eyeliner! it gives good color pay off, it lasts a pretty long time and its super cheap!

Pros:
Super cheap!
Good pigmentation
last's a good amount of time
doesn't smudge

cons:
it doesn't lasts all day but about 4-6hrs