April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Pink Lemonade, Persimmon, and Golden Peach. I love the Pink Lemonade and Golden Peach, my Persimmon has something wrong where it just squirts out a bunch of metallic water first, and the color is only slightly darker than Pink Lemonade anyhow. Golden Peach is beautiful on the lids, and it also works well as a primer somehow. Really pleased with these for the price, and they last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by JessieAnneH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product works differently for everyone. Overall, the pink one works quite well to my liking. My friends have used it and some like it while others don't. I have realized it all depends one your undertone, and if you can handle the consistency of it. The color really compliments my skin, but the consistency is a little sticky. I like to wear it to get a glow-like look.

It is only 1 dollar, so if your budget isn't too tight i would recommend to at least try the pink one. If you don't like it throw it right away, and never look back.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I personally really enjoy this as a highlighter. I got it at the recommendation of a beauty guru and I am glad I did. Yes, it comes out sticky, but it's not hard to blend at all when you apply it with a buffing brush. I use the one by EcoTools. I got the pinky color, and it looks STUNNING in pictures. I had people asking me what I did to look so amazing in my pictures and this stuff is it. I did not find it overly glittery, and after I learned which brush to use it blended out very well with awesome staying power.

It's one of those products where you really need to know what you are doing, but when you do the payoff is flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this, I was immediately put off by how shiny it was. You had to blend so much to make this wearable, you would end up blending your foundation right off.

However, I found a use for it. I recently purchased an airbrush machine for a huuuuge discount. I love the coverage and longevity of airbrush foundation, but the finish on them tends to be extremely matte. I tried so many things to make my foundation look more natural (seriously, the finish is unnaturally matte) from highlighters, to the special liquid that came with the machine, to luminating primers. Nothing really worked like I wanted it to.

I was re-organizing my stash one day and found this in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. I swatched it, reminding myself of how shiny is was. I figured if a luminizing primer was no help, this might be shiny enough to work.

I applied my primer like usual, then blended this onto the areas where you would normally put a highlighter. Waited for a minute or two for it to dry down a bit, then did my airbrush foundation over it.

It made a HUGE difference in the look of my foundation. My skin looked healthier and, more importantly, I got a more natural finish than I can remember getting with any other products. I have the lightest non-white colour (the name has since worn off the tube). I'm guessing a similar application trick would work with the other colours used as blush or bronzer.

So for those of you who can't get past the insane weird shiny finish that this product gives you when you use it on TOP of your makeup, try putting it under your foundation or powder. You might be surprised.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by LivTylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like using this as a highlight on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. The product smells like fruity pebbles so that's a plus.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

honestly, this product was a miss for me. there's no way I'm using this as an highlighter. i have the golden one , the product left my face so shiny, even the tiniest drop leaves you with chunks of glitter. the finish isn't natural at all. too bad cause I really wanted to love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sequoiarobin

Pros: High pigmentation Long lasting Drug Store brand Inexpensive Comparable to High Beam Cons: If applied heavily will be cakey Sticky Lightly scented Shows up in pictures

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is horrifying. Like I do not understand why everyone is so crazy over it. I own the pinky one and it has like a...sticky texture to it almost. Like when you squeeze it out, it's a creamy liquid but when you put it on your skin, it becomes sticky and gross and impossible to blend out. The color it gives is very unnatural, and like I send, insanely hard to blend and so it just kinda sits there in a streak on your face. Don't bother buying this, it's so crappy. Save your dollar.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

Sorry, but I just can't understand why people like this product :S I own the golden one, and the first time I tried it on my face, I was horrified. However, it looked pretty on the back of my hand...And I do own a lot of highlighters and appreciate every one of them Plus, I am a person who learn to appreciate products and adapts to them...but for this one...Ugh :(

Pros:
-It costs 1$ :)
-The packaging is cute
-It smells good, like sweet orange.

Cons:
-Omg the shimmers... When its blended out, it looks soooo unnatural! There are chunks of gold glitter...However, it looks very pretty when you put a dot on the back on the hand. But the shimmers appear later, when blending.
-It is very hard to blend. It sticks to the skin too much.
-When I squeeze the tube, water comes out...
-On the cupids bow, it feels really uncomfortable. Like if you put glue on it...

In conclusion, it just does not look appealing on the face.But I only one one of them, maybe the others work better?
Idk, but for me, I wont repurchase nor try other shimmering facial whips anymore...I am scared because of this one already xD

Go for the Shimmer Palette or All Over Colersticks! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by kalynbwinters

Awesome cream highlighter for a great price, can't beat it! I prefer using this in the summer time when I plan on being around water. I wear it on bare skin to add a nice glow on my cheeks, and it hold up nicely through swimming!