December 21, 2014 | 1449 users online

Crème - E.L.F. - Shielding Hydro-Tint spf 15- Tone 2

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by immaqueenbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THE ABSOLUTE WORST FOUNDATION- it smells good, but does NOT work!!! This product turns you ORANGE! It's watery & streaky.. the worst!! I guess you get what u pay for!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by EIizard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first purchased this product from the E.L.F website about 2 months ago, I needed one more thing to add to my bag to make it be an even $40 so i chose this. After recieving this in the mail and testing it out, I was addicted! After using it for about 2 weeks I went back to the site and ordered 6 more and I'm still terrified of running out! This product isn't watery like other tinted moisterizes I've tried, it's about the same consistancy as foundation, but it doesn't go on like foundation. It moisterizes and evens out my skin tone without making me look like I'm wearing foundation, very lightweight, which I think makes it perfect for summertime use, or for those days when you don't quite feel like wearing foundation but still want to have a bit of coverage. It's super smooth and blendable with a sweet orangey kind of scent to it (which at first took some getting used to but now I'm in love with it) and it contains SPF 15! The only thing I can complain about is the container... way too small! One tube of it lasts for only a month or less if using it every day, but you could just do what I did and buy a bunch of them, even so it's still a cheap price and totally worth every cent. E.L.F has even compared this to the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (42$)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by bajan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried the ELF hydro-tint recently in spice - tone 3 for my NC44 skintone. While this is slightly darker that my skintone, it is not too bad for summer. I am sure it is also possible to get the right tone by mixing it with tone 2. It goes on nice and smooth for which I have given it a rating of 1. But there are 2 main disadvantages - I have oily skin and it made my face look very oily about 1 hour after application even after setting it with a matte powder. I also terribly dislike this product as it made me break out like mad. As soon as I used this product, I broke out immediately and had about 6-7 zits. Despite this I tried it again one other last time and broke out again. So definitely this is NOT the product for someone who has oily and sensitive skin that is acne prone. Will not buy this ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by barbeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like this product. It gives you that dewy look and natural coverage. The smell is quite overpowering, but I like it. The staying power is not that great, it stays on for about 3 hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by baybeedestiny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I thought I would like this product since I tend to like ELF products as they tend to be very good products for its price. Disappointing to say that I'm not impressed at all and feel like it's a waste of a dollar. This product was really sheer for me and did not provide any type of coverage. It also felt greasy on my skin and the product itself is very watery and I had to mix it on my hand before applying since the product seemed like it was seperating. I really hate to waste and discard the product even though it's really cheap but that will most likely be the result. I have been keeping it in my makeup drawer for awhile now hoping that I'll come to like it or can find another use for it but doesn't seem like that'll be the case.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by aditidabir

i bought this in june and at that time i thought it looked too shiny on me (i do have an oily skin). however, since it's getting cooler now, I decided to give it another try (after about 4 months) but it had developed this weird odor! I haven't seen or heard about anyone else having a problem with this smell, but maybe thats because it never lasted that long for anybody..its a chemical like-paint like smell i think.
it wears better now: less shiny, but should I be bothered abut the smell??

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by lulubee79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product just as a "filler" I needed one more thing in order to get the discount. I was very impressed and loved it! I got it in tones 2 and 3. I love both! Tone 3 gives me a summery glow while tone 2 matches my skin tone perfectly! I ordered 2 more. The cons are: the orange smell takes a little getting used to but it fades pretty quickly. I have a little trouble putting the cap back on properly. I think that for $1, I can overlook those cons!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just tried this product this morning after it was sitting in my draw for a couple of months untouched. I am a little afraid to try cheap or drugstore foundations on my face. It is the first tinted moisturizer I have used. I was surprised. I got tone 3 (im nc43/44) and it matched my skin really well. It also blends in evenly and smoothly. It has pretty good coverage for me even though its very light. I used the elf studio powder brush to blend it in and then the studio mattifying powder to set and it looked really good. Im really glad I found this cause I've been looking for something that isn't as heavy as studiofix fluid. Its only $1 so its definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by peacegirl22

I absolutely love this tinted moisturizer. I've tried Stila's and a bunch of department store brands, and they were all too oily or didn't give as much coverage as I wanted. This one is PERFECT. I wear it every day now!! These are the pros I found:

-Medium coverage
-non-oily or greasy
-absorbs quickly, but blends very easily
-pleasant sweet sugary orange smell
-easy to apply with fingertips
-stays on all day
-super cheap!!

Cons:
-the tube is too small!!

All in all, I think I have found my HG TM. And who would have thought it would come from ELF! I am going to stock up...Really, you should try this, its only a dollar and you really can't go wrong. I just wish shipping wasnt so expensive to Canada =( ($15)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by allaboutme08

this is what i call best buy.. i didnt expect that this tint moisturizer will give me a medium coverage with a nice glow! also great for everyday use even in humid times or rainy days. so light, so great!