July 29, 2014 | 1183 users online

Fragrances - Skindecent - Scents

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Sobriquet20062

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really not a review person. But I received my first Skindecent order today and the review was warranted. Order included:
Fragrance oil in Fresh Waffle Cone
Body powder in Pillow Fight
Dry oil in both Bamboo and Couer de Vahine type
Bermuda Beach smoother in Rainforest
Body Oasis in Karma Type

I just have to say the scents above all blew me away as I excitedly tried one after the other. The fragrance oil burned stronger than other oils I've tried (B&B Works, Body Shop) and the other scents sat lovely on my skin. As others have said, customer service was A+ and I can't wait to order again and try more scents!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

jamaica Me Crazy, Pillow fight and Day at the spa are my 3 favorite scents. I have not tried very many yet so I am sure there will be more. On the web sight she has an excellent description of all the scents at the bottom on the left side.
Pillow fight---(Medium Intensity) The clean & sunny smell of sheets fresh off the clothesline. WONDERFUL!!
Day at the spa---(Medium Intensity) A wonderful clean cucumber and citrus scent. Clean, cool, sparkling cucumber with oceanic ozone notes mingling throughout. You'll get little whiffs of citrus and a whole lotta clean.
Jamaica Me Crazy---(Medium Intensity) A blend of tropical fruits with a twist of citrus and a hint of coconut.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by blackviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

She has my two favorite scents ever - Pumpkin Crunch Cake and Fresh Waffle Cone. Even better when worn together! ;)

I haven't strayed very far from these scents, but her other pumpkin ones are usually good too - much better than anything you'll find anywhere else (trust me, I've tried a million!). In the summertime, I love Bubblegum and one I had (I forgot the name) that smelled like Hawaiian Punch. I tried her apple pie a few years ago, and it was a miss. The Apple Barrel Cider was unique and very realistic! It smelled like apples and mulling spices, not like fake apple cider. If you can't tell, I mostly love the Fall and Bakery scents, haha.

I've got some new ones coming in soon, and I'll update when I get them!

These are all a good deal - except the shipping prices and time are terrible! I only order if I'm ordering a LOT, or if another friend is splitting the order/shipping with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by amaiaisabella

I received a few samples of the SkinDecent fragrance oils and was immediately smitten, so I went and purchased two designer dupes- LUSH's Sultana and the Lea type. I love the smell of LUSH's Sultana soap but the darn thing crumbles way too quickly so I was eager to see if this was somewhat close- boy, is it! I rolled some of this yesterday and felt so fresh and clean with that yummy scent. I can't wait to wear it to school and work.

The Lea type is also quite nice, it's more of an aquatic/clean vanilla, not warm and sweet. It's very nice with a bit of musk, but I'm still on the fence about it. However, what is great about the SkinDecent site is that you get to order a bunch of samples (plus they send you a little goodie bag!) so I ordered their dupe of SDV- I am definitely getting a full bottle of this next time.

Their fragrances are so cheap and last for so long- what's not to love?

*edit* I combined the Lea type with Ange ou Demon and it is fabulous! I've placed another order with SkinDecent to try more scents :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by traceycutler

I bought a few things from skindecent, based on the reviews here. I LOVE her products and her customer service is superb. She packaged my order as if it was a gift for me, complete with ribbon and card! The extra samples were generous! I bought her dupe of Indult Tihota and I love it. I have never smelled the real thing, but had read from an MUA reviewer that skindecent's dupe is as good. It is a wonderful scent, smells much more expensive than it cost.....her prices are unbelievably reasonable. She included a sample of her "luscious lips" buttermint flavored lip treatment. It is superb! Shea butter, cocoa butter and jojoba oil! Totally wonderful on my lips, and I love the buttermint flavor. The shipping is a little more since the company is in Canada, but Marliss goes the extra mile to get it to you as quickly as possible, and even e-mailed me to keep me updated and wanted me to let her know when the order arrived. Her customer care is superb! I can't wait to order some more!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I'm really enjoying Marliss's fragrances; there are more stand-outs in her line, IMO, when compared with the offerings from other popular B&B etailers. On to the winners...
Sexy Sandalwood guarantees a scentgasm with every application (I have this in the body powder)...it is the dreamiest, creamiest, most seductive sandalwood I have ever encountered. Sweet, cozy, and just WOW. You *must* try this if you like sandalwood. Another TDF scent is Sonoma Blush (perfume sample). SB is a chameleon on me, opening like a trip through a lush, exotic forest in summertime...it's earthy, a little wild and untamed, eventually mellowing into a mildly exotic, woody, meditative fragrance. Some fragrances take you on a journey and this is exactly how SB makes me feel. Little Pink Dress (body powder) is like delicate candied flowers with an underlying hint of sexiness...it's the perfect girly concoction (but not "little girl") for ultra-feminine moods. Pillow Fight! (body powder) is a perfectly done fresh, clean laundry fragrance, and Feng Shui WATER (body powder) creates a "cool" mood with the perfect balance of florals, green tea, moss, and citrus. Strawberries N Cream (shaving cream) smells exactly like what you'd expect -- it's scrumptious!
The fragrances I didn't take to were Sweet Seduction (I detect a hint of caramel in it, and I'm not a caramel fan), Silky Underwear (sugary sweet and fizzy jasmine and honeysuckle combo...almost like floral soda pop, if you like that kind of thing!), and Tropical Fruit Slices was too "candied" for my taste. I imagine that what I didn't like about these fragrances will be the selling point for someone else, though (=

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried the following scents:

Bamboo - I'm not a foody scent lover so this is perfect for me! It's a clean spa-like scent. No foody here ; ) I have it in the dry oil and this is the perfect vehicle for the scent.

Water - HG!!! Love love this close to the skin scent! Again, not foody.

Treefrog Jammies - lovely refreshing lavender scent! Great for nighttime! I have this in the hair mist and it's perfect and isn't overwhelming.

Satsuma Savvy - wowie!! Love this satsuma dupe! Very bright, fruity eye opening scent! Very similar to TBS satsuma : )

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by archaeopteryx

I love Skindecent's products. I've ordered about four times from the site now and have always been happy with the quality of the products and the customer service.

Pink Caramels (a blend of Pink Sugar and Vanilla Bean Noel) is by far my favorite scent. Purple Cotton Candy, Sugarberry, Sensual, and Maraschino Cherries are also wonderful.

So far I've only found one scent I didn't like, the Silky Underwear type. To me it smelled too strong and not like the Lush scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

I bought a whol bunch of the skindecent line because i heard such amazing reviews on here. I bought a bath truffle in like 20 of the scents, and have used 6 so far and have only liked one! The COCONUT MILK scent is AWFUL!!!! it smells like plastic, thats the one that i was looking forward to! : ( I also really dont like the VANILLA FROSTING one, at first i thought it smelled really good, but after it started to smell really fruity and kind of foul, like frosting gone bad. lol! I did like the RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE alright, it was pretty much on point. But i dunno, i probably would have really liked this line when i was like 12, but now not so much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2007 4:47:00 PM More reviews by oople

I love SDE products...the feel, performance, ingredient list, CS has all been amazing. The one drawback so far has been the scents...they don't seem to work well for me. It's been about 50% no like, 35% ok, 15% really like. But I'll keep trying because I love SDE stuff so much!

I'll try to keep a running commentary on the scents I've tried. I know I'm missing a few...I'll try to close the gaps.

BEDTIME BLISS is a sweet frosting-like scent with a touch of lavender. Nice, but sweeter than I expected...I was thinking along the lines of the Origins Lavender Vanilla Scent.
BLACKBERRY BLISS is a sweet berry with a slight bubble gum scent...one of my favs so far.
BUTTERMINT a sweet and smooth mint mix…exactly like the candy.
FORBIDDEN STRAWBERRY is musk and strawberry…and I've decided I don't like musk. But I'm sure others will swoon over this.
FRESH LEMONADE is bright and not tart; sort of like a super-lemony version of Trix cereal.
LEMON MARSHMALLOW CAKE is very cakey scent with lemon; not my thing, but nice.
MANGO TANGO is a pretty true mango scent, lightly sweet and creamy, and I don't get much strawberry, but overall a great scent.
NECTARINE BLOSSOM is great...smells very much like a fresh yellow nectarine with a touch of floral in the drydown.
SATSUMA MINT: fresh and realistic citrus...not as sharp as the smell when you are peeling a fruit but a little mellower, with a light touch of mint that is also smooth, not sharp. A great unisex blend with a very spa-like feel.
STARFRUIT AND MANGO smells like fruit punch, which I don't like, so that's that. In the hand sanitizer, it smelled really synthetic...more so than in the body buffer.
STRAWBERRY FIELDS: A sweet fresh berry, sweeter and less tart and green than IOE's 7SL.
TOTALLY TWISTED PEPPERMINT is totally twisted to my nose. I don't get strawberry and I barely get mint. I really don't like it, and I've tried it a few times in different products. Everyone's nose has quirks I guess.
VANILLE APRICOT is a creamy sweet apricot scent that reacted badly with my skin chemistry and smelled plasticky on me, however I gave it to a friend and it smells fabulous on her.
WATERMELON LEMONADE smells like the Fresh Lemonade scent mixed with watermelon Jolly Ranchers; not my thing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No