Bare Escentuals Retractable Blush Brush

4.3

on 1/23/2010 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this at Sephora with free points. I don't think I would have bought it, and if I found a good twisty brush with a lid I would buy it instead of this one. I carry it in my bag for touch ups during the day. Pros: soft yet firm bristles, brush is encased (great for travel), not too big/small. Cons: I can never remember how to extract the brush because its not a twisty extender but a pull extender, which leads to my second biggest con - the brush doesn't stay extended when I'm trying to use it.

on 2/21/2009 6:12:00 PM

I received one of these brushes in swap. I'm not crazy about the case, but it's okay. The bristles are soft, lighter hair and do not shed or break. I also like that this brush is a little larger diameter than a standard retractable blush brush. However, I would not pay the retail price for their level of quality. There are other brush options out there for less money that would perform as well, so I will not be purchasing any additional of these or a replacement should anything happen to the one I currently have.
UPDATE: After using this for a couple of months, I've found the bristles to have become a bit scratchy and some minor bristle shedding has become. Sure glad I didn't purchase it. I'm going for some Ecotools Retractable Kabuki brushes next!

on 1/12/2003 8:59:00 PM

The quality of this brush is just wonderful! The bristles are so soft and it's so functional! Love it =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm delighted with this brush. It came as part of the QVC pack for trying Bare Escentuals (foundation, warmth, coffee bean, and brush - great value!). It works beautifully and fits into my makeup bag quite nicely.

on 9/20/2002 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this brush. It wasn't as soft as other BE brushes and didn't apply the minerals as well as my BE Kabuki brush. I wouldn't purchase this brush separately as it isn't worth the $30.

on 7/20/2002 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this everyday! I load it up each morning with mineral veil and I'm set for the day. It's soft and neat and everyone should own at least one :)

on 7/3/2002 12:57:00 AM

I have two of these brushes now. One I load with foundation; one I load with mineral veil. Then I'm off for the day! Beautiful looking, sanitary, soft, and very handy for your purse!

on 6/29/2002 6:51:00 PM

This is my first "designer" brush, and I love the concept, and it certainly does an excellent job on applying my every day BE foundation. Would I look for other brushes? Of course, I would. Would I prefer BE's line if they had a reasonably priced complete set? Most definitely. I'll wait for a deal at QVC or something, but would certainly buy piece by piece w/out guilt, regardless of the price.

on 3/9/2002 6:27:00 PM

YEAH!! Finally a brush I can take on the go and it's sanitary. I really love this for my purse to go along with my mineral veil. The sable bristles are soo soft.

Great brush but, same as Bath and Body Works. Costs twice as much as B&BW and had a funny smell to it. Not bad if it comes in a TSV, but would not buy it alone.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products