October 21, 2014 | 1051 users online

Polishes - L'Oreal - Holographic Shine

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hemlocklily

The polish looks like it's going to be a pretty color, but in order to see more than a couple sparse flakes of color, you need to layer multiple coats. When you do so, you end up with a very rough, bumpy and scratchy finish, not a smooth top coat. The "fish scales" of opalescent enamel floating around in the clear polish give it a terrible texture. And, once you layer more than a couple coats, it chips off extremely easily. I use this nail polish for one purpose only: I paint it on top of polish that is difficult to remove. It chips off within an hour and takes the original polish with it. That is the only reason I will ever paint my nails with L'Oreal Holographic Shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by flower_girl13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two of these and they are pretty, duochromey colours (not holographic, unfortunately!). I still like them though, and I haven't had any problems with the application, especially considering they are at least a couple of years old!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Domitilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've this in a strange color, a sort of duochrome peach\green. It's not holo at all ;) , and I'm not sure if I like this shade or not, but I love the brush and the fact it dries fast. It's really matte, but if you add a couple of coats of top coat it looks shiny and the little shimmers are really visible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 6:39:00 AM More reviews by leonie_au

L'Oreal Holographic nail polish is a shoddy product... I'm not sure if it's the pigment or the brush (perhaps both?!) but it always applies very streaky on my nails, no matter how careful I am with it. Plus it chipped within the first 24 hours, even with a top coat applied! Very disappointing as the shades in the range are so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2004 4:06:00 AM More reviews by faerie_bel

I bought this today on impulse in shade 812 - a coral-pink shade. It applies easily and only really needs one coat. It dries a little on the matte side, but with a clear top coat, it looks gorgeously glossy. It is a beautiful girly shade with a slight gold shimmer to it. Very pretty. This claims to last 5 days and I imagine it probably will on my toes. (I don't wear nail polish on my fingernails). I give this 5 lippies as I am really happy with both the shade and application.