Clinique Facial Soap Mild

3.0

Sodium Palmate/Cocoate Palm Kernelate, Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Hedta, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5

on 2/20/2015 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have many mini bars of this, from various gifts-with-purchase. I've only tried it a few times but they do not impress me. I have oily skin and this product just doesn't work well for me. It is mild and non-irritating though. Probably meant for sensitive skin. I'll stick with my Neutrogena, thanks.

This is nothing but standard bar soap. I could find something just as plain and drab at my local drugstore. Certainly this soap is fragrance free but like most soap, no matter how expensive they are, almost always dry out the skin because by nature soap is incredibly alkaline and disrupts the acid mantle of skin and damages the skins' barrier!

So much for the medical image Clinique loves to portray. Any cosmetic chemist will tell you soap is alkaline, sure our skin works immediately to restore the PH balance, but why put it through all that stress?

Liquid facial cleansers will always be the best way to cleanse skin thoroughly and gently.

Soap is a very old fashioned and harsh way to cleanse skin. Nothing dries out and ages skin more than soap, period.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I keep repurchasing this soap all the time. For me it is a basic face cleansing product that I canít live without. It cleanses my skin properly and doesnít dry it out (contrary to a mild liquid soap from Clinique that dried my skin out like crazy). It has no particular smell and it foams nicely. It might sting a little bit when it gets into your eyes, so beware.

on 10/23/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For a mild (it says) soap bar from a great brand, i didn't find any mildness in the soap. I'm truly have a very dry-sensitive skin! Too bad i thought this mild soap will damp my dry skin, but unfortunately it wasn't! And i leaves my skin really tight , dry, and after all it leaves some lil red acne on my face! :( sorry but i wont to buy it again.

on 8/22/2014 9:54:00 AM

Would I buy this product again - absolutely not!
Would I recommend it to anyone - absolutely not!

I so wanted to love this product. At 80RM for 3 little soaps, including a dish it's quite good value considering how long others say they last. It's more travel friendly than my usual (and amazing) Nu Skin Clear Action Foaming Cleanser, and more readily available which is why I wanted to love it so badly. Sadly, it's no better than a typical $1 for 4 body bar of soap.

It didn't even clean my skin at all, let alone remove a light dusting of face powder. My skin didn't feel tight afterwards or anything uncomfortable, it's just completely ineffective.

on 7/8/2014 4:08:00 AM

At first I thought I liked this soap because it made my crappy skin feel smooth and it didn't dry me out or cause my face to turn red while washing. A few days in, I started getting more clogged pores. I kept using it for over a week and my issues just got worse. I started breaking out way more than usual, and my face was becoming permanently flushed especially on my cheeks. Even though this soap initially did not irritate my skin I realized this soap left a definite film on my face that I was unable to wash off no matter what. I couldn't even wash it off with another face wash at first. So I believe it is this waxy film that really irritated my face after several uses. Maybe the soap would be good for someone with extremely dry, non acne prone skin who is not sensitive. I would not recommend it and luckily I only used a free trial size.

on 6/2/2014 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this soap and have been using it for years. I use it as my face cleanser in the morning and in the evening. I am prone to breakouts, allergic reactions, and blackheads, but this product doesn't cause any of those problems.

I don't really like that it is a bar, since it's easy to drop and it's hard to keep the bar completely clean, but I don't mind since it actually works and doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts.

on 3/8/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this. It leaves my skin soo smooth! And takes my make up off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Though it's supposed to be mild, I find this cleanser incredibly drying. I have sensitive skin and thought for years that Clinique was the only brand that would keep it semi-contained, so when I decided to switch to Philosophy's Purity and Josie Maran Argan Oil rather than Clinique's Mild Cleanser and Daily Lotion, I was surprised to find that my skin got soooo much better. This cleanser was drying me out and the lotion was only doing surface work. I like the bar format but it's not worth the crappy effect it has on my skin.

on 1/17/2014 5:15:00 PM

I'm always surprised by the negative reviews of this product! This is the only cleanser that my picky, sensitive, dry, and acne-prone skin can tolerate. I use mineral oil to remove sunscreen and makeup, and this soap creates a pleasant, creamy lather that effectively removes all traces of the oil without leaving my skin dry and stripped. I've tried many so-called "gentle" cleansers including Purpose, Aveeno, and Cetaphil, all of which left me with either unsightly clogged pores or dry, flaky patches. This is the only cleanser I've found that deeply cleans without drying me out.

It is very reasonably priced--a $12 bar will last me 6 months easily with twice daily washing (and sometimes, I double-cleanse). One lippie off because it is not the most convenient product to carry around when traveling, and you do have to make sure not to allow water to pool in the bottom of the dish. But apart from those very minor gripes, this is my HG cleanser and I will repurchase again and again.