Avene Hydrance Optimale Legere (Light hydrating cream)

3.4

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Cyclomethicone - Sucrose Stearate - Glycerin - Butylene Glycol - Sucrose Distearate - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Benzoic Acid - Beta Sitosterol - BHT ? Carbomer - Chlorphenesin - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract - Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides - Lecithin - Phenoxyethanol - Poloxamer 188 - Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate - Sodium Hydroxide

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nothing special. It has a light texture, quickly absorbed by the skin and does not leave it oily, so good to use before make-up. The scent is also light and lovely. But it's just a basic mouisturize and not one of the bests, especially compare to its price. It doesn't even have sun protection and does nothing other than giving a little moist and lovely scent. You could find a better mouisturizer for a cheaper price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Extremely disappointed with this overpriced product that doesn't deliver anything it claims it would. *I have oily/ combination skin and use Avene's extremely gentle cleanser in conjunction with Clinique's mild clarifying lotion.

I got this product about a week ago and incorporated it into my daily facial routine. It has a rich, luxurious creamy texture and glides on perfectly on application. It is fragrance free. It seemed to sooth the face as I often have redness.

But I've come to realize it has clogged a lot of my pores and is simply not doing a good job. After a minute or so my face goes back to feeling rather tight and dry. Also, I began breaking out all over my face thanks to this product from hell.

I am extremely disappointed in this product as I was so close to having a relatively flawless skin until this came along. Furthermore, it is definitely not cheap. It really does not make sense paying this much for a product that does as good a job as ... i don't know ... petroleum jelly? Will definitely not recommend this product. I'll keep my childrens' children away from this. I will update this review if i find a better product that does not break me out.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I was reccommended to this product by the aesthetician where im having my laser and light treatment for my large pores, oil, acne, and acne scars problem. She said my skin was dehydrated so i thought why not give it a try! I absolutely regret my decision as this product is not cheap here. After my 2nd laser, my face has gotten smoother, less bumps, and overall more even. But after my 3rd laser, i bought this and wear it as night cream. It felt sticky and thick and I know I will never wear it at day. The next morning, my skin looks slightly "even toned". But at work at notice many new white heads have appeared! Now my face is all bumpy with new red spots here and there. Apparently it acts as comedogenic on my face! I really don't reccommend anyone with large and easily clogged pore to use this. I read someone also reacts to the safflower oil it contains.

This is a pretty basic moisturizer. I got this during a time when my oily-combination skin was freaking out & I needed some repair & moisture on parts that were getting quite dry. I only use it during the night as it doesn't have sun protection. Although this can also be used during the day prior to applying makeup as the texture is very light. During the first couple of months, it didn't break me out & I actually wake up with "relatively glowy" skin. However, I somehow feel as if it's losing its potency now or maybe my skin has gotten used to it. Even if it's expensive, this would last for a long time as you only need to use very little. Overall, I like it as a nighttime moisturizer. I want to try Jojoba Oil next though so I might not repurchase for quite a while.

Pros:
- matte finish
- tube packaging is travel friendly and sanitary

Cons:
- minimal to almost none hydrating factor(this is a moisturizer last i checked)
- i wouldn't call it greasy, but it does leaves a plasticky-film which felt like the cream wasn't absorb into my skin and smoothing it out on my face was like playing tug of war
- like all the previous reviewers mentioned, not a good match with makeup
- after 1 week of usage my skin was left even more dehydrated/irritated with weird bumps, breakouts, redness

PS: never had any luck with moisturizers from sensitive skincare lines ie, Eucerin, Avene, LRP for whatever reasons

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I once used this and remembered liking it.

This time around, not so much. First it is really expensive for the amount of product you get. The fragrance is way too much for me and it irritates my skin (possible cause of the perfume).

I like the thermal spray but thats about it from this line. Such a shame cause I have a lot of samples...

This is by far the best day moisturizer I've come across for my skin. And I've tried a lot. I'm not usually a drug store skin care girl but have used anything from Chanel to Dior to Guerlain. For some reason this moisturizer just works. It moisturizes enough, it does not leave me greasy throughout the day, no breakouts, not reactions. I absolutely love it. I also love the price for it in Europe vs North America and stock up when I'm there.

I notice a few people that say it isn't hydrading enough...maybe buying something that says "light" wasn't the way to go.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this for hydration in the summer when my skin becomes combination. It has that texture where it rolls off if you rub it just a little too much. No matter what I did, I also could not apply makeup over it. A total waste of money. It's so bad I won't even use it up on my arms and legs.

a totally unremarkable product- unremarkable like skirting boards. so unremarkable it makes me question whether its worth expending my energy to write this review
I got so bored of this product so I gave it away.

CONS
Did not seem very hydrating- just filmy-like the coating on a ducks feather that helps the water glide off
(The duck shed its feather naturally by the way. I did not torture the duck).
It did nothing much for my ruddiness.

PROS
It did not irritate my cheeks in winter
This product could inspire a re-do of that song Unforgettable- instead try Unremarkable.... in every way la la la la

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As a night moisturizer it's unexpectedly good. In the morning I have a matte skin, not oily like I get with my other creams (Estee Lauder Hydrationist and Clarins something).
Don't like the tube, I prefer a dosator.

UPD. I use it daily. A nice moisturizer.