April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Light hydrating cream, for normal to combo sensitive skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

This is by far the best day moisturizer I've come across for my skin. And I've tried a lot. I'm not usually a drug store skin care girl but have used anything from Chanel to Dior to Guerlain. For some reason this moisturizer just works. It moisturizes enough, it does not leave me greasy throughout the day, no breakouts, not reactions. I absolutely love it. I also love the price for it in Europe vs North America and stock up when I'm there.

I notice a few people that say it isn't hydrading enough...maybe buying something that says "light" wasn't the way to go.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for hydration in the summer when my skin becomes combination. It has that texture where it rolls off if you rub it just a little too much. No matter what I did, I also could not apply makeup over it. A total waste of money. It's so bad I won't even use it up on my arms and legs.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

a totally unremarkable product- unremarkable like skirting boards. so unremarkable it makes me question whether its worth expending my energy to write this review
I got so bored of this product so I gave it away.

CONS
Did not seem very hydrating- just filmy-like the coating on a ducks feather that helps the water glide off
(The duck shed its feather naturally by the way. I did not torture the duck).
It did nothing much for my ruddiness.

PROS
It did not irritate my cheeks in winter
This product could inspire a re-do of that song Unforgettable- instead try Unremarkable.... in every way la la la la

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a night moisturizer it's unexpectedly good. In the morning I have a matte skin, not oily like I get with my other creams (Estee Lauder Hydrationist and Clarins something).
Don't like the tube, I prefer a dosator.

UPD. I use it daily. A nice moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have to agree with the previous comments about it not being hydrating enough. Used this for the first time this morning and my usually brilliant foundation looks awful this morning! I have combo skin which tends to swing from being very oily in the summer, to dry/oily in the winter - so I thought this would be great for my skin. I paid about 13 for this tiny tube, and feel really ripped off! I thought Avene was a good brand? Well this product has certainly turned me off from shelling out on any of their other products. The only reason I wanted to try it as it has sunscreen in it, which my beloved Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream does not.
I will keep it, hopefully it will be better in the summer when my skin turns oilier, but I am not holding my breath!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by nicolajayne

I have normal/dry skin apart from my nose which can get quite shiny and affect my foundation.

After being recommended the Avene moisturiser for oily skin, I checked out that one and this light hydrating cream in Boots and decided to go for this one that implied it wasn't so drying. I had looked at reviews and most people had seemed happy enough although some said this cream doesn't really hydrate the skin.

I have used it a few times now and I'm quite disappointed simply because for 13 a tube (and the tube is small at 40ml) this product is rather underwhelming!

It doesn't really hydrate my skin, it's a bit sticky which stops it gliding on smoothly and it doesn't make my skin feel fresh. I also noticed my foundation didn't apply as well as it normally does and my pores were bigger, with make up sitting inside them (something I had never noticed before.) It didn't stop my nose getting oily later in the day either.

I don't really want to continue using this.

However, I have given this a rating of 2 because perhaps this cream works well for people with really oily skin all over. I would say if you have an oily t-zone but drier cheeks, try find another product as I think this would disappoint you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

What I love about this cream is that it does not irritate my skin, I'd daresay it even soothes it. It has a very light texture, does not make my face oily and is quite cheep in my book. However I feel it does not hydrate well, especially in winter time. My skin is oily but super dehydrated due to my working environment and despite high water intake. I need to apply a lot of product to actually feel hydrated or use it along with a hydrating serum or oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my night moisturiser. I use a lot of oils, plus a serum, so for a moisturiser I just wanted something simple. And this is perfect! Smells nice, good packaging, and seems to suit my skin well. If I ever have any kind of irritated redness I just use this moisturiser and it calms things right down.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by katarinajonsson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great facial moisturizer for summer, although in winter I need something more hydrating. I have normal/combination skin, and this cream is really nice! It has a light formula and a nice and discreet scent and is instantly absorbed by the skin, leaving the skin feeling great all day. If it had SPF in it, I would give it 5 lipsticks!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by snazzie

I was introduced to this product about 4 years ago and it was fantastic! I have combo skin... oily t-zone and quite dryer rest of the face due to cleansing.. but oils up mid-day. This moisturizing helped me a lot and I found that this did not break me out at all. I used it day and night ...even during those times I pop a pimple I use this to soothe it ...i wake up the next morning and it's all better. It was like the best moisturizer EVER.

BUUUUUUUUT!!!!

BEWARE. Avene apparently changed their formulation. Their old packaging which had the orange stripe on the cap.... that one was the original. That one was good because it had Sodium Hyaluronate in it. I investigated and compared the ingredients from the old formulation against the new one and found that that ingredient is missing. I'm disappointed because that is pretty much the moisturizing part and the good part in this moisturizer. Thus, I give this company and moisturizer a "2" for failure to maintain good quality and for being pretty sneaky!!!! *grr