The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), glycerin, pentylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butylene glycol, elaesis guineensis (palm oil), glyceryl stearate citrate, isononyl isononanoate, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, sesamum indicum (sesame oil), squalane, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aqua, panthenol (vit. B5), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, xanthan gum, bisabolol, avena sativa (oat plant).

on 1/26/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this. It does what it claims. I used this when I had an allergic reaction to a cleanser. It was so calming and moisturizing, and my skin felt so much better. I use this in the evening and as a day cream. I have oily skin and I thought this would be too moisturizing for daytime but its perfect! My skin feels plump and fresh. It sinks into the skin fast. I love that it is fragrance free. I will probably repurchase this some time in the future.

on 6/3/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Update 15 March 2015 : this has been reformulated , the ingredients list has been changed , will not repurchase

This night cream is really amazing it's Fragrance, color and alcohol-free and the only night moisturizer along with jojoba oil that never makes my eyes puffy when I wake up in the morning , it's really great for the area around the eye and the whole face of course , will buy again as long as it performs the same way it does now and please Body Shop DO NOT change a thing about this night cream

ingredients :
Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel) (Skin Soothing Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Elaeis guineensis (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Stearate Citrate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Isononyl Isononanoate (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Myristyl Myristate (Emollient), Octyldodecanol (Emollient), Sesamum indicum (Sesame Oil) (Emollient), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Bisabolol (Skin Soothing Agent), Avena sativa (Absorbent).

on 3/19/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this cream after doing a lot of searching online for a good cream that isn't full of chemicals and wouldn't irritate my already red and very dry skin. Canadian winters aren't the most gentle on your skin, and my efforts of only using coconut oil left me with alligator skin. I wanted to get something that wasn't from a drugstore (you can't read half the ingredients on any of the products, especially Aveeno!), and something that would alleviate the redness but was reasonably priced. I settled on this Night Cream and used it that night. The tub isn't the most sanitary of containers, but you're usually putting on your creams after you wash your face so germs aren't my biggest concern. The smell is pretty neutral and the cream while thick, is quickly absorbed. The next day, I woke up and all my redness was GONE and my alligator skin was replaced with smooth, dewy skin.

I thought this was just a one-off, so after 3 weeks of using the product, I have to say I've found my HG moisturizer. I can't be all natural and use coconut oil, but this has given me my skin back. It's now permanently smooth, radiant and clear with no breakouts (besides my usual hormonal ones), and my blackheads have taken a vacation! I would definitely buy this again.

I also bought the Day Cream with equally great results :)

on 1/26/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Soothing night cream, feels lovely on the skin and sinks in well, comforts after cleansing and toning. will repurchase for sure.

This cream does the job. I bought this night cream when it was on sale, half off - therefore at $10. I figured I needed a night cream that was a little more moisturizing than my Neutrogena moisturizer that I use for the day. It's been 2 weeks that I've been using this nightly and I have to say that I really like it - It's not overly moisturizing, therefore my skin doesn't feel greasy at all. If my face was very dry, it wouldn't be sufficient but since I moisturize regularly this cream seems to keep things in balance, just the way my skin already is. My skin is sensitive and I really dislike harsh perfumes in facial creams, therefore I really appreciate that this cream smells neutral. My skin feels refreshed when I apply it. I have to say that if this product was offered in a pump bottle, it would be a lot more hygienic - I'm always afraid to get breakouts from dipping my fingers in facial product pots. I also wish the cream was slightly more moisturizing. Overall, I will probably keep buying this unless I find a good equivalent or something better, for a decent price as well.

on 10/12/2013 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a decent moisturizer. It is not too hydrating so it's perfect for my combination skin. This in conjunction with the Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion has nursed my skin back to life. I rarely breakout and my skin is smoother. I'm sure I will purchase this again but right now I'm looking for something new.

on 5/10/2013 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin meaning i cannot use alot of products that are harsh on the skin. With this moisturizer, i woke up the next day and saw an instant change! My face was completely hydrated!!! This is the best and my favourite moisturiZer!!

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I use this every single night and whenever my skin feels irritated in the least I apply it again. It is extremely moisturizing, you can feel your skin drinking in the moisture, and extremely soothing for anyone who is prone to sensitive skin - especially after using a scrub or something else irritating to the skin - I have found nothing better than this. Also a little goes a long way - I purchased their smallest container and after weeks there is still a lot left.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Stung my face, had to rush and wash it off quickly.

on 4/15/2013 11:34:00 PM

This is the first night cream I've ever loved. I've tried most of the drug store spectrum, even straight forward coconut oil. My skin used to break out very easily, unless I used loads of anti-histamines. Eventually, I moved to a new place, skin cleared up within days without changing my regime. ANYWAY, even when I had environmental allergies, this was the nicest face cream. Smell was unremarkable, which isn't a bad thing. Smoothed on very nice, sunk in quick, without much shine. I like how my skin feels the next morning. Super smooth. :-)