September 2, 2014 | 1242 users online

Masks - Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price point, this product does a great job of clearing skin of flakiness, dullness AND maintaining it that way for a good loooooooong time. It helps me get rid of my chin acne and with application twice a week, maintains the clear skin. It doesn't have strange, unpronounceable ingredients you find in other chemical peels and exfoliating masks. Smells like a tropical drink, is a clear gel that glides on nicely and washes off with some extra water. Never again will I use a harsh scrubby mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this product for about 2 weeks, and have been using it nearly everyday.

PACKAGING: I know most people can't stand tub packaging, but I really don't mind it much. I hate the feeling when the product gets under my nails, but it's not like washing my hands after applying is going to kill me.

PRICE: It's a bit pricey (about $11 for 3oz of product), but I feel it's worth it considering how great it makes my skin look.

USE: I smear this all over my face, focusing more where I get flaky skin and breakouts.

FEEL: The immediate sensation when you put this mask on your face is a VERY SLIGHT burn/tingle. This goes away after a couple minutes. It is overall refreshing and cooling.

RESULTS: My skin looks brighter right after I wash this off. My face is smoother, the flakes are almost all gone, and my pores are smaller.

I feel this is gentle enough (for me) to use every day. I leave this on for 20-30 minutes, as I find anything less will not give me great results. This has quickly become a staple in my skincare routine.

For anyone wondering, I bought this off iherb.com because I could not find it in my local drugstores. As far as I know, Walgreens and CVS should carry it.

I will definitely update this in a month or two, or if I get any adverse effects. So far, I'm loving it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Just purchased this on clearance for $5.00 at Walmart. It smells wonderful and feels really refreshing. I don't mind that it comes in a little tub, but it would be more convenient if it had a pump. I really don't understand when people "shudder" at the thought of having to use their fingers to use a product...do you not use tampons?? Anyways, it's a nice little treat for your face.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

So far this mask is HG material, will update if this changes! Got it for $6 on clearance at Walgreens and even though I don't need anymore face products, the price was enough to justify purchasing.

Pros:
Smells like a tropical smoothie
Skin glows after one use
Doesn't dry completely, easy to remove
No breakouts or irritation
Reduces irritation from blemishes
Lessens the amount of blackheads on face

Cons:
Feels like icy hot on my face and burns if left on past the 5 min mark

There's a lot to love about Alba's papaya enzyme mask and my clog-prone, sensitive skin has benefited greatly from it..never in my life have I had such naturally glowing skin that radiates through my makeup. HG amazing:) I use this 1-3 times per week. It seriously works at perfecting my skin, shrinks pores, and restores a healthy glow!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I am definitely a mask girl! I have tried a lot of facial masks at this point. I must say that I am loving this hawaiian papaya enzyme mask so far. I like that Alba Botanica sticks to all natural products and the smell is so divine. It smells of pineapple and feels gel-like upon application to the face. While the sticky green substance is not what one expects, it glides on easily. This mask dries longer than the typical clay mask.

I use this mask on a rotation with others in the shower. I like that this mask does not have me washing the tub of particles, like clay masks. My face tingles ever so slightly. It definitely reduces inflammation, when I have a major acne breakout. And it leaves my pores smaller and barely visible.

Overall, this is one of my favorite masks. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $7.50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Would I have purchased this mask were it not on sale, ten dollars off? No. However, this is love at first use and I do mean LOVE. I had trepidation on spending the money on Alba but was always curious.
This yummy gel-like mask is cooling and I know it works, I can feel the enzymes eating away at the dead and yucky skin. I used to get papaya enzyme peels from my esthetician and I can honestly say this mask does the same good as the professional one.
Consider me an Alba convert.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very cooling and helps a brake out go away faster if I'm braking out ill use it 1-3 times a week, I started with once away and worked my way up to 3. One good finger tip dip is all you need so even though it's a little pricey it last a long time, just make sure you wash it off after 5 minutes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by StarAlexander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The employee recommended this for me to freshen up my skin because it started to seem dull with little bumps. I ended up going back for it after reading reviews. I bought the toner as well. I am in love and addicted to this product. I feel so much better and my skin glows after I do it. I limited myself to 3 times a week. You definitely need to moisturize after this and the toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not a mask girl. I bought this because it was the most expensive beauty product in the grocery store and I hate to leave with just groceries.
I gotta say - I like this mask! It does slightly tingle, for me, only on the areas I regularly exfoliate/AHA. Because I don't have sensitive skin, or because I'm crazy, I like a little sting. Makes me feel like it's working.
I use this when I've been half-assing my skin care regime, to give it a more thorough cleaning. The thing I really love about this mask is that it definitely smooths and cleanses, but instead of stripping the skin, leaving it dry and tight (in a bad way), leaves it dewy, moist and comfortable.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love. I use it 3 days after a chemical peel to help get the flaking skin off gently