November 29, 2014 | 518 users online

Masks - Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm reaaaaaaaaallllyy liking this mask. I went from "I don't know what breaks me out and therefore nothing works, why do I bother" to really finding what my skin works best with. I can't do too harsh or too gentle, but I'm def on the sensitive side. I looked through all the reviews for this and saw no one really broke out, but some complained it didn't do enough, and most found it to help revive dull skin. So with that in mind I thought I'd give this a shot and so far it's been excellent. One of my big problems are hard bumps as well as some pimples. It's not an overnight miracle, but I have been spot treating my forming or post popped pimples with this and with my other products/routine my skin tone has gradually improved. It's slowly smoothing out and healing and I feel it looks brighter over all. I can see why people think it doesn't do much. Maybe because it isn't tight or painful but for sensitive skin I think it's perfect. It doesn't burn me at all, btw. I don't need much at all, even when I do a full face of it. It does look like a small amount of product, but I can see it lasting a few months, and for that reason the price isn't too bad at all. It is a bit tricky to find and where I have found it, it was on the higher end at $14 so I wait for (store) coupons. I love the smell and don't mind the feel of it at all.

I have to also say that I've been using brown sugar as a scrub (along with better cleansers) and I really believe that's part of what's helping me transform my skin, but I think this is just as beneficial. So I vote a big yes to try this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by sarahi15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pretty good for a light exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the price point, this product does a great job of clearing skin of flakiness, dullness AND maintaining it that way for a good loooooooong time. It helps me get rid of my chin acne and with application twice a week, maintains the clear skin. It doesn't have strange, unpronounceable ingredients you find in other chemical peels and exfoliating masks. Smells like a tropical drink, is a clear gel that glides on nicely and washes off with some extra water. Never again will I use a harsh scrubby mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this product for about 2 weeks, and have been using it nearly everyday.

PACKAGING: I know most people can't stand tub packaging, but I really don't mind it much. I hate the feeling when the product gets under my nails, but it's not like washing my hands after applying is going to kill me.

PRICE: It's a bit pricey (about $11 for 3oz of product), but I feel it's worth it considering how great it makes my skin look.

USE: I smear this all over my face, focusing more where I get flaky skin and breakouts.

FEEL: The immediate sensation when you put this mask on your face is a VERY SLIGHT burn/tingle. This goes away after a couple minutes. It is overall refreshing and cooling.

RESULTS: My skin looks brighter right after I wash this off. My face is smoother, the flakes are almost all gone, and my pores are smaller.

I feel this is gentle enough (for me) to use every day. I leave this on for 20-30 minutes, as I find anything less will not give me great results. This has quickly become a staple in my skincare routine.

For anyone wondering, I bought this off iherb.com because I could not find it in my local drugstores. As far as I know, Walgreens and CVS should carry it.

I will definitely update this in a month or two, or if I get any adverse effects. So far, I'm loving it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Just purchased this on clearance for $5.00 at Walmart. It smells wonderful and feels really refreshing. I don't mind that it comes in a little tub, but it would be more convenient if it had a pump. I really don't understand when people "shudder" at the thought of having to use their fingers to use a product...do you not use tampons?? Anyways, it's a nice little treat for your face.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

So far this mask is HG material, will update if this changes! Got it for $6 on clearance at Walgreens and even though I don't need anymore face products, the price was enough to justify purchasing.

Pros:
Smells like a tropical smoothie
Skin glows after one use
Doesn't dry completely, easy to remove
No breakouts or irritation
Reduces irritation from blemishes
Lessens the amount of blackheads on face

Cons:
Feels like icy hot on my face and burns if left on past the 5 min mark

There's a lot to love about Alba's papaya enzyme mask and my clog-prone, sensitive skin has benefited greatly from it..never in my life have I had such naturally glowing skin that radiates through my makeup. HG amazing:) I use this 1-3 times per week. It seriously works at perfecting my skin, shrinks pores, and restores a healthy glow!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I am definitely a mask girl! I have tried a lot of facial masks at this point. I must say that I am loving this hawaiian papaya enzyme mask so far. I like that Alba Botanica sticks to all natural products and the smell is so divine. It smells of pineapple and feels gel-like upon application to the face. While the sticky green substance is not what one expects, it glides on easily. This mask dries longer than the typical clay mask.

I use this mask on a rotation with others in the shower. I like that this mask does not have me washing the tub of particles, like clay masks. My face tingles ever so slightly. It definitely reduces inflammation, when I have a major acne breakout. And it leaves my pores smaller and barely visible.

Overall, this is one of my favorite masks. I got it on sale at Walgreens for $7.50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Would I have purchased this mask were it not on sale, ten dollars off? No. However, this is love at first use and I do mean LOVE. I had trepidation on spending the money on Alba but was always curious.
This yummy gel-like mask is cooling and I know it works, I can feel the enzymes eating away at the dead and yucky skin. I used to get papaya enzyme peels from my esthetician and I can honestly say this mask does the same good as the professional one.
Consider me an Alba convert.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is very cooling and helps a brake out go away faster if I'm braking out ill use it 1-3 times a week, I started with once away and worked my way up to 3. One good finger tip dip is all you need so even though it's a little pricey it last a long time, just make sure you wash it off after 5 minutes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by StarAlexander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The employee recommended this for me to freshen up my skin because it started to seem dull with little bumps. I ended up going back for it after reading reviews. I bought the toner as well. I am in love and addicted to this product. I feel so much better and my skin glows after I do it. I limited myself to 3 times a week. You definitely need to moisturize after this and the toner