October 20, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Shi Kai - Borage Dry Skin Therapy hand cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by neona503

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best hand cream I have ever used. I am almost 40 and my hands have recently began to be dry and take on a crêpe appearance. Have been using this for a week and already see a marked improvement. Much softer, plumper, and less "crêping." Very happy I bought this. Think I will start using on my décolleté as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This hand cream is very moisturizing. My skin is dry and it works well to keep my hands looking and feeling good. It has a relatively short ingredient list and contains beneficial ingredients. It's highly rated by Beautypedia.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a staple in my handbag. I haven't used a hand cream as moisturizing, or fast absorbing as this one. I usually never bought a hand cream that cost more than five dollars, because the bottles never seem to last very long anyway. This one is roughly about eight bucks, and I've had it for over a year now. The new packaging is slender, very convenient. A little goes a very long way. The ingredients consist of mainly plant oils and aloe vera, and there is no dicernible scent which I like. Not to mention my hand look a lot prettier after I use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by SomebodyGoJiggleTheHandle

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this at drugstore.com for $7.99. I don't believe it's sold in any stores near me. Mine has the addition of the words "fragrance free" on the tube but I am reviewing it under this listing. My job requires my hands to be in water, constantly wet dry wet dry, over and over again, so the skin on my hands gets dried out and can crack. This sinks in fast and isn't greasy at all, despite the oils it contains, and feels very moisturizing.
Ingredients: Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice (aloe barbadensis), Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Seed Oil (carthamus tinctorius), Glyceryl Stearate (vegetable emulsifier), Glycerine, Jojoba Seed Oil (simmomdsia chinensis), Borage (Borago Officinalis) Seed Oil (borago officinalis), Cetearyl Alcohol (vegetable wax), Vitamin E Acetate (tocopherol acetate), Dimethicone, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (butryospermum parkii fruit), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), L Ergothioneine (amino acid), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome hand cream. Because it has a lot of natural oils listed as moisturizers, I thought for sure it would take forever to sink in... not at all! It's super moisturizing, got my scratchy, flaky hands super soft and I didn't have to wrap my hands or hold them out in front of me and not touch anything, because it sinks in so quickly!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this hand cream, but I am not sure that it really is that different from the foot cream which you can use on your hands and which is more cost effective. I also use the regular lotion on my hands and notice a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by flirty

Love this stuff! It hydrates my hands and makes them sooo soft! (I wash my hands a lot). I also like that it's fragrance free. Sometimes I don't like fragrances lingering on me all day. It isn't really thick and absorbs quickly. It doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy either. And the best part- no animal testing or yucky animal by products! Definitely will buy over and over again

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this lotion, especially with all of the raves. However, it didn't offer the moisture I'd hoped and made my hands shiny and oily-looking for a good while after applying (shiny spots littered my pc keyboard).

Also, instead of even adding visual moisture, every line in my hands was emphasized by the shine. Not a desireable effect! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

Ive been using this for about 3 weeks on a daily basis, about 2-3 times a day, and my hands are doing great. It moisturizes wonderfully, so now my hands are supper soft, even with the horrible fires we just had in so cal and the Santa Ana winds, my hands are not dry at all, on the contrary they are better then ever. In the past under these conditions even if I was using hand cream regularly my hands would definitely dry out anyway, but with ShiKai they are totally healthy. I love this cream!

The texture is kinda runny, but trust me, it definitely moisturizes like a heavy cream. It takes a moderate time to absorb, but is worth the minor wait, I dont have problems using it during the day.

I did not notice any offensive smell, it is fragrance free, so it has a mild medicine like sent, but it dissipates in pretty quickly and is not bad horrible to begin with.

Because of this hand cream Im going to try all the products in the Borage collection, I hope they are all this great.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it! Can't use it on my sensitive face because of other ingredients in it, but borage oil is clearly a miracle for very dry skin! I've compared various moisturizers using the one-on-each arm approach (I have very dry arms with multiple lines of dry striation showing on the inside) at night and none showed any real difference in the morning--the dry striations would all re-appear. This was different: I used the borage oil handcream on one arm and another moisturizer on the other. Incredible! The arm with the borage oil hand cream had only about 20% of the original dry striations in the morning where the other was right back where I started! (Just like all the others I tried.)

Some reviewers have noticed a smell--I didn't notice any (neither did beloved spouse), but suspect the difference might be related to the age of the product perhaps (ingredient stability). Frankly, even if there was a slight smell, I'd still use it 'cause it's so great at reducing my dry skin problem! (I've avoided short sleeves until now to hide the striations that make my arms look old. Now that my arms look young again, I think it's time to look for a boy toy to celebrate but beloved spouse says no. Some men just don't understand how excited we girls get about celebrating a product that actually works!)

Edit: Removed 2 lippies: Over time, it began drying my skin out.