October 2, 2014 | 1829 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Gholt91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so oily without this I look like the back of a spoon! I only use on my t zone as if used on whole face I feel I look to flat, it's pretty much colourless so it won't matter how many times you apply throughout the day! I am a hairdresser & the heat from hairdryers does test my makeup a great deal, I probably sweep this over my face every 4 hours! It always in my make up bag & the mirror in the compact is super handy! I use my RT powder brush to apply!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

Love! Keeps shine and oil away. Works well over foundation and does not look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is wonderful for us oily skin ladies. I always have one in my purse and it is great for mid-day touch-ups. I use the color medium-dark and I have nc30 skin. Love that it is a small-ish compact, it comes with a puff (I use a travel kabuki instead), and it has a nice mirror. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried lots of powders but this is the best I have found for oily skin. Looks nice, controls oil and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS POWDER.

My T-zone is ridiculously oily. It is baaaad. After an hour and a half I am always needing to blot. BUT with this powder I don't have to blot until about 3 and a half to 4 hours which is literally incredible for me. Also, this does not break me out. Although, I don't think this comes with enough product for the price. I have used this everyday for a month and just noticed some pan showing.:/

Pros:
•very good oil control
•not cakey
•does not break me out

Cons:
•not a lot of product
•the puff is useless after one wash

P.S go one shade darker then what you think. This powder runs light.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

My favorite blot powder compact! This stuff truly blends into your skin, leaving behind no white cast (as long as you get the right shade; they're all pretty translucent, though) and doesn't emphasize my pores or flakes like many other powders do. This is a must-have for those with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

My mom actually bought this for me a few years ago, when I first started getting in to makeup.

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and I haven't had any issues with this powder breaking me out. I have a yellow skin tone and a fair to medium complexion. The MUA at the MAC counter gave me the medium dark powder. It's weird because it's really not very dark. The powder is actually a tad bit darker than my skintone, but I don't mind because most of my foundations are a tad too light for me anyway, so it kind of works out :).

This powder has good oil control, I don't get as oily when I use this powder. I didn't really notice how good it is with oil control until I used other powders and noticed how oily I got using those.

I use this as my setting powder and I don't actually use this to touch up during the day. When I first apply it, it very slightly mattifies my face but it doesn't completely change the finish of your foundation. It wears okay during the day, doesn't look terrible at the end of the day but doesn't look better either.

The packaging is very nice. You don't have to worry about this compact opening up in your purse, and it has a nice sized mirror. It also comes with a puff that I've used before, but I prefer applying it on with a kabuki brush.

Overall, I really do like this powder. I actually hit pan on it and plan on repurchasing it when I'm done, I think I will get the shade medium though. I recommend this for anyone looking for a powder with good oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Amslater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read a review saying this powder was "ashy" and didn't work on warm skin tones. I don't find that at all. It blends very nicely with my makeup and skin and doesn't look white or cakey at all. That being said, i don't use a lot of it since I use an oil-control matttifier under makeup and don't get a lot of oil throughout the day. I only blot maybe once throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only 5 stars i can give but i would love te have given this product a 6/7 star rating because i love it!This was my final "got to try"product after using tons of other products to keep my horrible shiny face under control!I,m 52 and i have extreme oily skin for about a year now and ik have tried lot,s and lot,s of stuff from cheap to high end products and nothing worked for me.Then last week i came across some reviews for this powder and they were pretty good so i deceided to buy this.I received it last saturday and instantly tried it out and.......WOW........awesome result and very long lasting result too.I do not have to touch up before the evening and that's only when i have to go out at night when i would do that.I,m a medium skintone and i bought the dark,wich is absolutely perfect for me.It does not add color to your face but simply ajusts tot your skintone.I use a powder brush and not the buff that comes with the powder For sure i wil keep on using this for ever and ever and ever :-) M.A.C should never,ever discontinue this awesome stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2014 5:34:00 AM More reviews by theartyard

This used to be my go-to product for my oily skin but now I've stopped using it because I've found better products.

Pros:
-Absorbs oil
-Doesn't add colour to the skin, looks relatively natural

Cons:
- It absorbs oil but it has almost zero-control in preventing the skin from becoming oily later on. When the oil seeps back again, you have to reapply which I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't make the skin look dry and cakey.
- It doesn't get rid of that 'sticky' feeling on the skin from use of previous products
- Packaging: ok this one may be my fault but I feel the compact isn't sturdy enough. I dropped the blot powder in the past before and the block of powder inside broke into pieces to the point where I couldn't use it and had to repurchase.
-The puff it comes with is useless.
- Doesn't do anything else for the skin, which wasn't an issue for me until I started using innisfree powder and realised how the Innisfree powder was overall a much better product (absorbs excess oil more effectively, makes my skin look and feel softer, less shiny and the puff it comes with applies the powder really well)