August 29, 2014 | 1778 users online

Other - Crest - Whitestrips Premium

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

In the past, I used peroxide gel that I purchased online with teeth trays and my teeth whitened really nicely. These, I just don't think are as effective. Firstly, they slip off of my teeth because the saliva builds up under the tray. I just hate the way they feel. As to their whitening power, I don't feel I can really attest because I use them too infrequently. I'm sure they work fine, but I would really recommend just investing in a custom tray and some gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used these Whitestrips three years ago and they worked wonders for me. I got a perfectly white smile that has not faded yet without any top-ups.
A year ago I did try a very expensive whitening at my dentist's with custom-made silicone forms that I had to wear overnight - well they didn't do anything whitestrips couldn't do.
I do think that my enamel (that was already quite thin) has become even thinner and I will have to do something about it at some point.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Jordan111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about these whitestrips. I knew about the sensitivity and all but I didn't expexct my teeth reacton to be so strong. I just can't do it twice a day. After like 2 hours after taking the strips off, I can literally 'feel' my front teeth. They don't hurt, I just can feel them. I can drink cold and hot it doesn't bother at all. So, I just use them before going to bed but even in the next morning the feeling is still there. Actually, the feeling is gone only when I eat something.
They however still do the job- I am only 4 days in and my teeth are whiter, but I noticed today that my gums have been pushed up a little bit, so my teeth now are actually bigger. haha
But while I am using them, I also use 'Sensodyne'.
So, maybe next time I will just purchase the gentle ones...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome product that whitens beautifully. In fact, I saw improvement after only 1 day of using it! The dental hygenist even commented that I have nice white teeth :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 5:24:00 AM More reviews by simei89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best whitening product I have ever used - it really works! Having braces on for 2.5 years really caused my teeth to become yellow - even though they were straight after i had the braces taken off, the yellowness ruined its appeal. After using a pack, my teeth became really white in comparison to what it was before. I was really impressed with the result.

During application, I did not feel much pain despite my teeth are somewhat sensitive to other things such as cold drinks, cold tea etc. These strips are really easy to put on and they stick well onto your teeth.

It's been about 4 months since I used my first pack and i have discovered that my teeth already has a yellow tint to it (just slightly). I'm not disappointed with this product due to this because I drink a lot of hot chocolate, tea etc. I ordered a new pack online and i cannot wait for it to arrive!

Absolutely recommended! However, I've see quite a few review by youtubers who stopped using this product because the pain experienced during application was too unbearable. This was not a problem for me but a way to overcome this is to use a sensitivity preventing toothpaste e.g. sensodyne.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I just got this today, but because I'm already seeing results, I am going to write a review! The original price was around $53, but I got it for $30 because it was on sale. I personally would not buy this if it was not on sale because paying $50 for something that may/may not work is not realistic IMO!!

The directions are quite simple, easy to follow - apply twice a day, for 30 minutes each time. I tend to do this right after I brush my teeth, and after the 30 minute mark, I would take them out and gently rinse my mouth with water.

The strips themselves are OK. They do slide around, so I do not talk or drink anything during the thirty minutes.

One bad side? MY TEETH ARE ALREADY GETTING SENSITIVE!!!!...and this is only my first day of use too :(
The pain is only located on my bottom teeth, which is where I tend to get sensitive even when I had my braces. Though the pain is bearable, I'm so sure that it will only go downwards from here.

As this is my first day using the strips, I am already seeing a slight change in the colour of my teeth. It has brightened up, but not noticeably enough. I am sure that my teeth will definitely be whiter by the time I finish the box as I am already seeing positive progress.

- EDIT -
The sensitivity did not increase, but it remained in my teeth for around a couple of hours. However, I do not feel it the next day after a nights sleep.
When I finished all the strips, the sensitivity left right away in about less than 2 days.

The final results are noticeable. IMO, I think the whitestrips have whitened my teeth 2 shades whiter. I was expecting a bit more, however for a drugstore product, it was alright.

I would repurchase this item again, but seeing how Crest is making more advance whitening strips, I will be trying them out first.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by AngelinaSofia

After 3 days of using this my teeth are hurting so much, and I don't particularly have sensitive teeth. However, I have had my teeth professionally whitened 5 years ago and the pain and outcome are similar! So for the price, its definitely worth having a go if you really want to whiten your teeth in a short period of time. I would probably not buy these again.... unless I forget how painful they are!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Knivdans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had my teeth whitened at the dentist six years ago but felt that they were going back to that yellowy color again. A friend told me about Crest and I gave it a go: LOVE IT! Ok, so there was a slight sensitivity the first time I used them, but the result is absolutely amazing! I have gotten so many compliments, it's crazy. My only complaint is the strips themselves - they tend to slide a bit, but Crest took care of that with the new Advanced Seal product (another review perhaps?). Verdict: perfect result.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by BeeTruthful

I tried these last year, and my overall thoughts were : i hated the taste . sometimes the gel would get on my tongue and it was disgusting . they are not the most comfortable strips, as they tend to slip and slide. i actually sort of dreaded putting them on because i hated the feeling . they definitely made my teeth sensative for the duration of time i used the strips. also quite pricey. but after all these negatives, this product really WORKS. my teeth are perfectly white , and its been a year. it lasts really long and i love the results, which is why i'll suck up the negatives and definitely repurchase them .

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Kasey42588

I used the Crest White Strips and honestly, I didn't really like them. I have sensitive teeth and the strips actually made my mouth feel worse; my gums would burn from the strips, and they made my teeth so sensitive that even sweets and cold items would hurt them. Plus, I didn't really think they whitened all that great, and for the price, I thought they should work a little better than what they did.