July 23, 2014 | 1563 users online

Eye Shadow - Agnes B. - Aqua Regard in Pearly Taupe

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2004 8:03:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very pleasantly suprised by this product. It's a waterproof eyeshadow in a tube with a sponge applicator (I usually swipe a little on my fingertip to apply it), & this shade is a perfect cool gray with a hint of purple to it & a pearly shimmer. It's very close in color to MAC Paints in Snapshot, but barely even 1/2 a shade lighter with a bit more purplish in it. This is actually replacing Snapshot in my makeup bag. It's quite a versatile color that you can use either sheerly for just a little definition on your lids, or layer it on more heavily for a smokey eye look. I like it better than MAC's Snapshot because first of all, the packaging is 100 times better than MAC's crappy tube that spews out a huge amount the instant you take the top off. In addition, I find the texture to be MUCH smoother & easier to blend & work with. The staying power is almost as good as MAC's, maybe just a little bit less, not much at all. But I still love MAC's Bare Canvas & Stillife Paints as my favorite eyeshadow bases, so I can use those underneath to compensate for the staying power if I want to. Also, I did notice that this tube is .17 oz., & MAC's is .23, but again, with Paints horrible tube you end up wasting half of what comes out anyway, so I think in the end the amount available for use is about the same. I would definitely repurchase this.