April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Styling Products - Jessicurl - Confident Coils Styling Solution

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Nowhere near enough hold for my hair. Frizz city, although I don't know if most of the frizz is coming from this or from the Rockin' Ringlets I wore underneath. My hair felt really dry as well. I will be trying Spiralicious to see if it works better, but I'm certainly never using Confident Coils again. 2c, porous, dense, fine hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has been part of my daily styling for a year now. I have mid shoulder blade long thick 3c curly hair. I wet my hair, squeeze out excess water, put a nickel size of beauticurls leave in conditioner by curl junkie and then a nickel size of this. Squeeze thru hair. Squeeze out excess and then use a microfibre towel to scrunch hair. Then I plop my hair into the towel and make a turban w hair piled on top of my head to avoid the drips. After 10 min or so I scrunch w towel again and let it air dry. Very important not to touch hair til it dries. This makes beautiful ringlets and is not crunchy or flaky when dry. If I need more hold I use more confident coils. If it is a lil stiff after drying, just scrunch w hand and its soft and perfect ringlets. Combats frizz pretty well. Has no silicone, protein or sulfates. I would advise to buy smaller to med size bc this stuff hasn't much preservatives and can go bad after a few months. Tried it in combination w rockin ringlets and found leave in conditioner works better for me. Also the rockin ringlets went bad after 2 months and I had to throw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by polochka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WHY I LIKE: This is my favorite product from the Jessicurl line. I have 2c/3a/3b hair (waves on top, ringlets at the bottom, with some 3b sausage curls under the ears and at the nape) that is fine-textured, porous, and medium in thickness/amount. Confident Coils adds fat juicy thickness to my hair (I feel like it increases my hair's volume by about a third!) and great clumpability to my curls. (I hate those stringy weeny little skirly curls that are only a few strandlets thick--I want fat bouncy locks!)

HOW I USE: I use it after applying a leave-in conditioner in the shower to soaking wet hair, and sometimes after applying Rocking Ringlets on top of the leave-in--the CC goes on next while the hair is still dripping wet (I use about a quarter- to fifty-cent-sized dollop raked through my below-shoulder-length hair, scrunching well). After it is well distributed, I scrunch out some of the water with a microfiber towel, trying to get the curls to form nicely all over. I do like to top it all off with some scrunched-in gel at this stage for extra hold. RR doesn't seem to have enough hold for me.

ABOUT THE SMELLZ: Both the Island Fantasy and Citrus Lavender scents are divine, the first being coconut-fruity and the second smelling pretty much like you'd expect it to from its name--orange and maybe a little grapefruit along with the lavender. (I do notice that the strength of the fragrance varies from product to product within the line, and sometimes the scent gets overwhelmed by the underlying shea butter in products that have it. Sometimes the smell can even "turn" after a while--don't plan to keep Island Fantasy-scented products for longer than a year, or they might start to smell "off.") I like to have a bottle of CC in each fragrance to have a choice of what will blend better with the other hair products I'm using. I like both of the scents so much that I've bought the full line in each fragrance, but although I like all the products at least OK, only the CC is really something I want in my hair-care rotation on a constant basis. If your hair type is similar to mine, this product is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this with her Rockin Ringlets and love it. The combo leaves my 3a/3b hair looking great. Love the citrus-lavender scent too. No complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is an amazing styling creme. i love the hold it gives, without the wet look...and how easy it is to srunch out the crunch, if there is any. i must forewarn others that you must use a lighter hand with this product than rockin' ringlets (if you are using the two together). less is more!
it gives me great 2nd day hair..not so much 3rd day hair but i can use water with some leave in, then scrunch some of this baby in and all is well.
i do wish the ratio of rockin ringlets to conf. coils was the same though.
i use 2 puddles of RR and 1 quarter size amount of CC. it's always frustrating running out of them at different times haha..but that's not really a legitimate complaint considering my curls have not looked this good in ages..and it is due to these two styling products.
if anyone is finding this to be too drying, it isn't for me..and i have low porosity hair..but! if you do, i have heard darcy's botanicals natural curl curling jelly is a great alternative with rockin ringlets. good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

I really like this styling creme but I need to use it with Rocking Ringlets or it just isn't as good. It makes my curls into ringlets, albeit with a crunch but I can always scrunch that out when hair is dry. Main gripe is that I'm not too fond of the plastic in the Jessicurl bottles since it's not squeeze friendly... Also, it's very hard to get now that I'm living in Ireland. I have to order from abroad and it's very expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by princessshar

I have 3b bra strap length hair and bought this product to maintain my curls. I didn't really get blown away by this product. Alone this product makes your hair feel heavy and greasy even though it clumps my curls better at the ends, its not hair that I enjoy putting my hands in, and it feels a bit dirty. Even by using less product, I still experienced the greasy feel but with more frizz. When used with another curl cream it worked better, but I'm looking for 1 product that I can use to style my hair not 2, therefore this product is not for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to take away all the lippies. It worked well in combo with AG Recoil and Rockin' Ringlets at first but then left white chunks in my black hair when it dried. It made me look like I had dandruff and that's a huge no-no. I tried shaking the bottle but it doesn't help any.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh my God. If I could give this and the Rocking Ringlets each a zero, I would. This stuff should come with a warning label: "All persons with naturally curly, coarse hair, BEWARE!"
I tried this two days ago, following the instructions very carefully. Oh sure, my hair became very shiny and straight. And not only that, I can't get it out of my hair. Through 2 shampoos with loads of conditioner afterwards, my hair is a stringy, stiff mess. Instead of curls I have long strands of spaghetti-looking hair that feels strange and hard to the touch. I feel like crying. Why did I ever try this?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

My hair: BSL, wavy, 2b, Asian, virgin. I bought a trial pack of Jessicurl products and this was one of the best. Rockin' Ringlets, no matter how I used it, left my hair stringy and it never "clumped" correctly. And Confident Coils isn't a great product on its own - and yet, I've rated it a 4. It's because no matter how I decide to style my hair and with what product, scrunching CC into my hair after it's been plopped/plunked leaves my waves defined and with great hold for the rest of the day. My fav routine is to scrunch A/G Re:coil into wet hair, scrunch in some gel, plop/plunk for 10-20 minutes, scrunch in some CC, and diffuse dry. Sounds complicated but doesn't really take me that long. I always notice a (positive) difference in my hair style when I use Confident Coils so I will continue to buy and use it.