April 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Regenerist Perfecting Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Now called:Regenerist Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream,
    I am 34, and probably need to start getting a better daily face moisturizer, but this one never lets me down. I use it in winter and summer time, although sometimes in winter months I add a drop of argan oil( my skin is pretty dry). In any event, I would suggest this to anyone, and if you don't like it, its so cheap you wont get mad that you wasted the money,

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by K2G999

I got it when it was half price on sale, since original price was a little high to try. I didn't expect much, but it really smooth out the dry scrap I had after having the major acne break out due to stress. Not only it didn't give me more acne, my skin is also had smooth out to the touch and the look. I am 27, so the retinol in the cream works for my more mature skin now. I didn't like to use retinol at all before 25. Maybe younger skin is not a good choice of moisturizer.

One thing I suggest is don't put too much on your face, it will just sit on the face, A little at a time, until you cover the whole face and neck. It's a small bottle, they don't expect you to use it in a week too.

I find it' a great match with my hyaluronic acid serum.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by FirefIy

This product and others in the Regenerist line have received great reviews all over the internets except for a smattering of 'it made my face go red and gave me whiteheads'.
    The first few days I used it I loved it - it evened out my skintone and gave a matte finish. Then the breakouts started happening and I had to retire the tub. In the past few months every Olay product that I've tried has caused a nasty reaction (the Gentle Foaming Face Wash and the Moisturizing fluid). I guess that's partly due to the ingredients lists that look like a mad scientist's shopping list and also that I have sensitive skin. It has however given me the impetus to seek out more natural skincare products and my skin has never looked better.
    Ingredients -
    Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Tylene Glycol, Panthenol, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Carnosine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Sucrose Cottonseedate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Bis-Peg/Ppg-14/14 Dimethicone, Benzyl, Alcohol, PEG- 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Allantoin, Sodium Edta, PEG-100 Stearate, Alumina, Citric Acid, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone,Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my favourite moisturiser by far. it dries into a nice matte finish and yet keep my skin moisturised. not even slightly greasy. Unfortunately it doesn't have an spf in it and I get sunstroke in april. in england. so sadly I can't wear it from april 1st through to October 1st. :( or I'll get burnt within about 20-30 minutes in spring and 10 minutes in summer

bane of super fair skin.

I really couldn't love this creme more. It does exactly what I love a moisturiser to do and I do so love a matte finish...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by gela

I am in love with Olay. It has done wonders to my skin, which sometimes found hard to control. My blemishes are starting to go away, my skin tone looks much better and my pores are smaller. I recommend this product and a overall rating of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by naomi217

They keep on changing the name of this product, but this is basically the Regenerist moisturizer that doesn't have spf in it. This is my favourite because it doesn't break out my combination skin. It has a light matt look and feel to it so works well under foundation. It doesn't make my skin look shiny but is still moisturizing. I don't recommend this if your skin is very dry as it won't be moisturizing enough but if you have combination skin this is great! I don't know about the anti wrinkle claims though but it's still a great moisturizer with some excellent ingredients! I also like the packaging of this it's hygenic.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It’s all right. I like the smell, texture & packaging however it does not really sink into my skin and did not do much to improve my skin. When I put on, the color of cream helped my skin look healthy but it did not really help to improve my skin/ skin tone.
    I can see why some ppl like this product, I was hoping it would work on me too since the price is great and all…

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

Retinol is a major ingredient in this cream. Retinol is a derivative of Vit.A that encourages new skin cells to form by drying out the outermost layer of our skin.
    Based on the above, it was no surprise then that after applying it at night, I awoke with oily skin because my face had dried out to the extent that facial oil had to be secreted to protect my outer-most layers.

This cream is not meant to be used as a moisturiser because it has a drying affect; it is simply a cream that encourages skin cell regeneration and thus one that diminishes signs of aging. Hence the commercial name "regenerist".

I do not recommend it to women less than 26-27 yrs since it was not designed for younger oily skin, but my older relatives praise the cream a lot (your skin dries out as you age and can't regenerate well) so I do still recommend it overall for 27 yr olds and beyond.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Cheekbones

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff made my skin drier than it was before I started using it. Not sure why, but it made my aging dry sensitive skin worse. I returned it and got my money back.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by erskimo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the consumer reports on this one and thought it was just the usual old hype. But, I've got to say that I've found this an excellent moisturiser. To my mind, it's way better than Creme de la Mer which made my skin feel soft but which made no visible difference to lines and tone. My face definitely looks fresher with this Olay product - glowing, in fact. The one downside is that it is a little sticky.