September 18, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lips - Tarte - 24.7 Lip Sheer in Thursday

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this as a sample and the color is licking amazing. It looks cherry berry kinda on the tube but on me it looked pink cherry, not too over the top but just right. I always like to wear lip products because my lips are pouty but a bit thin and products that have color just enhance them and make them appear bigger. I love to wear this on a normal day because its not an overwhelming color but its not just a regular chap stick color. The color last a long time the shine kinda wears off but it leaves a nice hint of color. For sure I'm buying this when my sample is out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product fails.

Not much moisturizing properties at all so it fails as a balm and it is NOT sheer. I picked this up as I wanted a super natural looking balm to moisturize and to look natural but make my lips look a bit rosy but it is high impact color. The color itself is very dark and blue based... unflattering on my Asian NC 25 skintone. Will I repurchase? Uhhh no.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by parenthesise

Wear: This is not sheer—I don't think I'd ever apply it without a mirror—but you can definitely control how neutral/high impact it looks depending on how much you put on, which I see as a plus. It's comfortable, and quite long-lasting, but not particularly moisturising (although my lips are super dry and most "moisturising" coloured lippies just end up being slightly less drying than usual lippies). I love the smell, which is subtle and slightly "spicy"?

Packaging: Awful. It's sleek, elegant and simple, but the tube is really banged up, even when it's straight out of the box. And it gets worse as I carry it around.

I like how Tarte emphasises natural ingredients, etc., and I love how I can control the sheerness of the application, but I don't think the price is particularly worth it. I bought this at Canadian Sephora, which jacks up prices: I got it for $20. I think it's definitely worth it in US dollars, but not for the Canadian price, especially with the bad packaging and since it's not all that moisturising for me. There's a Drugstore brand, Jane, that has a similar product, with similar effectiveness and packaging (except their tube does not get scratched and ugly like Tarte's) at a much lower price. I'm only repurchasing Tarte's product because I can't get a good as a colour match with Jane's line.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by poetrygroupie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After hearing rave reviews about this product (and this shade), I decided to give it a try. Not what I expected at all. The shade was darker, bluer, and more pigmented than I had expected; not very sheer (although that's the product's name), more of a cream. Tastes almost as bad as if you put the cheek stain on your lips, and much the same consistency. Not very moisturizing. Disappointed, especially for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip sheer. The berry/rose color looks great on my super pale (NW20) skin - almost like a Snow White effect, but a little more pink than red.

Just two things I don't like - the first one I bought was in October. On this one, the wheel on the bottom was loose or something and the stick kept getting caught in the cap. The second one I bought was in December, and the packaging is a bit different (the logo is horizontal instead of vertical). The top takes a little extra effort to secure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

I received this as a generous sample with the Sephora UV pack. The color is just this side of too blue on my skin - particularly right out of the tube. As it wears, however, it fades to a berry-stain. Quite attractive. The formula itself is creamy feeling, but I also feel a bit of dryness underneath. It's a strange dichotomy - like it SHOULD be moisturizing, but isn't. Thankfully, after a full day of wear it doesn't leave my lips dry, either. Not a product I would have raced out to purchase, but a nice add-on to the UV pack.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives the lips a nice berry stain. I find it's a little too bright and kind of red but fades to nice matte stain that looks a bit more natural. The staying power is not great and this makes my lips peel like crazy. If you are looking for a balm with color that gives you moisture, this is not the one to buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 4:50:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

On my lips, this shows up as a nice dusty rose. Not sheer, but not too pigmented either; just right. :)

(FYI: I'm a MMM/light CCC - Stila oil-free in shade G or a mix of Alima's W4/W5.)

I hate the packaging, though. Kinda cheap looking and the cap doesn't always stay on. I'm currently using a little "chinese" lip case to carry these in my purse. (Keeps the cap secure.) Might re-pot this into a little jar, later.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is for the new lip sheers with spf. i've been lemming this for a long time now and finally bought one. i'm light with yellow/olive undertones (asian) and pigmented lips. i was looking for a mlbb product i could wear everyday. while i love the formula, the color is a little darker than what i was looking for (but still very flattering!). the texture is like chapstick and it glides well on lips without emphasizing flakies. actually i'd say it's very moisturizing. it also stays put very well, like a stain. no shimmer, but leaves a slight nongreasy sheen. no scent/favor except for the tiniest bit of peppermint oil (basically nothing compared to co bigelow's mentha shine.) this definitely isn't as sheer as traditional lip balms (which usually look like clear gloss on me), but it's not as opaque as lipstick either. for pigmented lips, the intensity is perfect. the color is a very natural looking pinky rose. a little darker than what i originally wanted, but i'd repurchase this. i'm looking to purchase summerfling or sunday next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2006 1:13:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with this when I was comparing tinted lip moisturizing products at Sephora. I was about to buy Laura Mercier Stick Gloss in Brown Sugar but then I noticed this, and also Lorac Gloss Stick in Plum. These are all very similar on my lips, however the LM BS was a little pale for my NC37-40 skintone so I passed. The Lorac was a very similar shade to Thursday but had more shine and made it obvious that I was wearing a lip product. Thursday is great because it's a natural finish, and gives the perfect amount of pigment so that it doesn't appear obvious that a lip tint is being used. Instead it gives plump moisture and a true YLBB look to my medium pigmented lips. I will definitely buy this again when I run out. (Only complaint is the packaging b/c the cap slips off sometimes on its own...there is no snap when you close it like chapstick).