October 25, 2014 | 1280 users online

Makeup Brushes - Trish McEvoy - #37

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by bibiramdayal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is super soft, easy to use and applies professionally. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

While I am a bit underwhelmed about the McEvoy line in general these days, the brushes are still second to none. Made of only the finest materials, these brushes are wonderful to use and truly assist you in achieving a more polished and professional m/u application. The #37 brush is for bronzer, and while I use it quite often for that, I also reach for it when applying contour in the hollows of my cheeks. It's slightly rounded off shape works beautifully to deposit color, keeping it controlled and only where you want it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you are pale (like me) then you absolutely need this brush! I have used the #37 to apply powder, bronzer, highlighter, blush, etc. and it gives a sheer, perfectly blended finish. I like MAC's #187 brush a lot but I find that the head covers quite a large area when it splays (I have a small head/face LOL). TM's #37 brush is longer, narrower, and bit floppy so that it can be used in a sweeping motion to blend -- the difference being that I don't end up with blush blended up to my eyeballs and down to my jaw. As a PPP, this brush is indispensible for applying pigmented blushes or bronzer. When traveling, I can pack this brush in lieu of packing individual powder, blush, and highlighter blushes because the #37 can be used to apply basically every face product. I have used this daily for three years and it has held up beautifully -- no complaints about workmanship here. If I were to buy a makeup brush as a gift this would probably be it due to its versatility and amazing quality -- I think everyone can find a use for this brush!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MumiTroll

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect bronzer brush- it makes it easy to apply. You cannot make a mistake with this brush. It's nice and soft and luxurious- but most of TM brushes are. I have been using it for about two years and it's still like new. Rarely I have a hair fall out. The trick with TM brushes is to use lightly. If you are hard on them- they start to loose hair quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lynnhuang3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am pretty low-maintenance when it comes to makeup, and prefer not to spend a lot of money on it. I have pretty flawless skin, and usually only use a powder foundation that I like to apply with a brush (there's always too much powder if I use a sponge). Well, I was using a cheap brush from the drugstore when I noticed that my cheeks hurt! I don't have sensitive skin, but for some reason, almost every brush I tried made my face hurt, including various high-end department store brands--except this one. I love it, and have used it every day for 4 years now. I recently noticed some of the hairs coming out as I wash the brush, but it is still 100% worth the price. My face feels pampered and happy, and I would definitely buy it again if my current one became unusable for some reason.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

I hate to ruin a nearly perfect rating, and I love Trish brushes, but this one I am not wild about. Like all Trish blushes it is luxuriously soft, but for me it is a bit too floppy and hard to control. I was hoping for something similar to the #5 brush but not quite as densely packed, but this one goes to the other extreme. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 7:53:00 AM More reviews by ozebaia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thick, super silky and beautifully contoured to use with blush or contouring powders. I wish it had a clear plastic sliding cover to keep the bristles from getting damaged.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all-time favorite blush brush! I know it's technically a bronzer brush, but I don't use bronzer. It is, however, perfect for less-pigmented blushes, since it picks up quite a bit of product. For highly pigmented blushes I'm better off using a skunk brush. The head is very soft and dense. I've had my brush for quite some time now, with no shedding or signs of wear. Rave from me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 6:09:00 AM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is simply not dense enough for bronzer application, but it's beautiful as a blusher brush and that's how I use it. I prefer it to the 2B cos I like tapered bristles.The blue squirrel hair is really soft and feels luxurious. I've been using it for half a year and so far, no shedding or fanning out of any sort. A delightful brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Auryane

So far, this is my favorite brush. It's perfect for applying highly-pigmented blushes--such as Chanel, or MAC's mineralized skinfish. When I put on a single layer, it's very sheer, but with 2-3 layers, I can build it up for natural-looking, even color. It's amazing what a difference the brush makes. I will definitely repurchase this is I ever need to.