Yves Saint Laurent Palette Fauve Collector Powder 2004

on 4/20/2005 12:46:00 AM

I LOVE THIS PALETTE!!! I love how it looks in the compact and how it looks on my face!!! Really sad that it is limited edition! YSL should keep this around!! Hopefully they will bring it back out again for Holiday 2005.

on 11/5/2004 4:09:00 PM

Rarely have I seen a product which said 'buy me' quite as loudly as this one. I simply fell in love with the elegant polished gilt compact and the leopard print powder compact inside. I didn't even think about how I would actually use it, I just slapped down the credit card and hauled it home.
So it was a nice surprise to find just how usable it is. The background is a light golden beige, and the leopard print is created by copper and chocolate shades. These darker shades are only on the surface of the compact rather than printed all the way through. All shades are sheer and slightly sparkly. The compact is very hard in texture, so you really have to work it to pick up a lot of color. It comes with a token mini blusher brush and a sponge applicator, but I can't imagine these do a great job, so I use my own tools. A single sweep with a large fluffy brush picks up enough to use as a bronzer. Picking out the individual shades with a small firm brush is the way to use it as eyeshadow. I tried it with the light shade as a base, the middle shade on the lid and into the crease and the dark shade as a thick liner. This gives the perfect warm molten metal glow to bring out my green eyes, very reminiscent of Stila's Après Beach trio, and lasts all day too.
This compact would be even better if the colors went all through the compact, but there does seem to be enough on the surface to last for many uses. And with looks like this, who cares? continued >>