La Prairie Cellular Purifying System - Hydrating Fluid SPF15

3.7

on 2/22/2009 12:08:00 PM

This moisturizer feels very good and absorbs well, but it also makes my skin flushed and pink. For that reason I would not buy this again. I don't usually have this kind of reaction to any other moisturizers that I have used. There are better and cheaper moisturizers that have sunscreen in them.

on 7/6/2008 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice moisturizer with SPF for somebody with normal to oily/combo skin. Easily absorbed by the skin and leaves it soft and nearly glowing. Not sure that *glowing* is something that somebody with oily skin would be happy about though :-)
Never had problems with breakouts from it.
Easy to use pump bottle.
Would definitely buy it again but unfortunately the price will ruin the tight budget I am trying to limit myself to :-) I'll wait till I win the lottery then it'll be my official HG day-time moisturizer! For now I am just taking one lippie off for the price tag that makes my eyes water!

on 1/15/2007 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For me NO function!!!
Make my skin look horrible. .also breakouts

on 12/6/2005 10:07:00 AM

On the positive side : 1) It is contains numerous antioxidants, antibacterial/purifying ingredients. 2) It has a nice satiny finish (it is not matte or mattifying).
Negatives: 1) exorbitant price - which I am not sure is worth it. In europe it sells for 115E. 2) strong and unpleasant fragrance. 3) unstable sunscreen 4) although it has good ingredients they are not unique nor present in higher concentration compared to other much less expensive products. In my opinion it is not worth the money

on 9/15/2005 10:02:00 PM

I am surprised to see such a small number of reviews of this product, which I consider to be great. It is the best moisturizer sunscreen I have tried for oily skin. Works perfectly well mixed with foundation. It is not mattifying at all, but it does not increase the normal shine of my skin, provides great sun protection and makes application of make up much easier and natural looking. Does not break me out at all and the smell does not bother me either, I can actually hardly feel it. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 7/21/2005 11:46:00 AM

Note: skin type see notepad.
Pros: Moisturizing enough, amazing finish, goes on very smoothly, great package - pump, feels great on, a bottle last a while - need very small amount to cover the whole face, not 100% sure but it might clog pores some what.
Cons: my skin is just too sensitive for it - turns pink in a week of use, smell (i can deal with it but it would be nicer if it was not there), price.

on 3/1/2004 12:53:00 PM

Quickly absorbed (!), works well, but dry when used with self-tan, occasional pimples

on 3/22/2002 11:24:00 PM

I liked the product it self but didn't like the smell. The smell was too overpowering for me.

on 2/2/2002 3:57:00 PM

It goes on cool, almost like water. Looks dewy with a baaaaaaaaaaaaarely there whitish hue that goes away as it spreads and dries on skin. Contrary to other SPF products it did not sting on my face. Again, that La Prairie scent i dislike. I do not appreciate the price. :-)

on 11/24/2001 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This fluid worked very well for me during Summer in Hong Kong. My skin type is combination with oily T-zone skin. It was very satisfied with this fluid as it's so light, gentle & balancing my skin. Texture is good too! I used the whole Cellular Purifying System line during this Summer and found it's very good and balanced my skin condition.

Now the weather become more dry so I switch to Age Management Stimulus Complex SPF25. Will definitely buy this Hydrating Fluid again next summer.

Popular Moisturizers