September 17, 2014 | 1269 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - 3-in-1 Double Rich Hot Cocoa

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by peregrin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this shower gel. I agree that the scent doesn't last very long, but when it's there it's quite nice if not a bit unassuming. Just a pleasant rich chocolate smell. I don't find this to be drying at all, and I really like the foam. This stuff bubbles up like crazy. c: You really don't need all that much to lather your whole body, so it'll last a while too... The only reason I wouldn't purchase again is because I'm the type to get bored of scents or want to try something new immediately after.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

i bought this in a set at sephora with the lipgloss and body lotion. I really dont like this. It smells ok, but has a slight plastic smell. It does make my skin feel clean and smooth, but the smell fades after 3 minutes, and its expensive for a full size & to have it vanish after such a small time. The cap of my bottle actually broke off, and i didnt do anything major to it, so the packaging is kinda cheap. ill use my bottle up, but its mostly been sitting on my bathroom counter for over a year

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It pours out shiny, rich, just like melted chocolate should look. It is smooth and smells sinfully delicious, for about five seconds. I was brave and washed my hair with it, and with my dry, long curly hair, that's taking a risk, but I wanted it to smell like chocolate all day. It didn't dry out my hair, but it didn't smell like chocolate either. It isn't drying on the skin either. It's really luxurious and decadent, but the smell just doesn't last, so it's not worth spending much on it. Maybe it's a good thing the smell doesn't last as long, so people don't get chocolate cravings and start gnawing on themselves, but without the scent, it's no better or worse than any other bodywash.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bmst

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this at christmas and it smells really nice. It lathers soo well but the scent lasts for about 3 seconds... I really like this product but if I wanted to buy this again I don't think I would cause of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by whitesoxrock

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

They've improved the packaging to a flip top I see. Definitely smells like chocolate. I really wish I could eat it haha. I never used it as a shampoo, and I don't think I'll start, but as a soap it keeps my skin nice and soft. Too bad the smell doesn't stay, but then I might be smelling like the Axe Chocolate stuff, but more feminine. I digress. I'll probably try the other varieties too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ilovelush81

I've used these since the fall of 2001, and I'm still a huge fan. This is not my favorite scents, but it is pretty high up there. It lathers up well as a body wash, and I just found out tonight it works wonders as a shaving cream when I shaved my legs. I thought I'd try this out to see if I would like it, and sure enough...philosophy 3 in 1's definitely deliver as a shaving cream. I don't recommend them as a shampoo though. Every time I've used it as a shampoo, I've never seen remarkable results. I'm gonna keep on purchasing the 3 in 1's for as long as I can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

*drools* ... Double Rich Hot Cocoa smells *exactly* like the name implies. The quality of these for starters is superb. They lather well and most of the ones I've used or have in my stash, are very fragrant. Oddly .. I'm not a 'sweets' person food-wise, but this thing could inspire a chocolate craving a salty food lover like me! I want to lick it off the loofah! totally delish, and worth every cent for the amount you get and the small amount you need to work up a thick luscious lather! I have at least 2 dozen of the 3 in 1s, and I can't say i've ever been disappointed with any of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This is exactly like it's name...a totally rich, decadent, chocolate smell, it almost looks like syrup! I absolutely love it, and it makes a nice foam. I don't think I'd use this as a shampoo, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

This is the only one of Philosophy's 3-in-1 products that I've tried, and I must say they are worth the price - although they're really more like 2-in-1 since as someone said, they don't make a good bubble bath. I don't really take baths, though, so that's not a big deal.

The lather is great whether you use it as a shampoo or shower gel, and some of the brown color can be seen in the bubbles! The scent is great in the shower - VERY edible smelling - but doesn't really linger afterwards, which isn't a totally bad thing.

This is a good item for travelling, since it is multipurpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I love anything that is chocolate scented and this gel smells delightful. It smells exactly like a cup of hot cocoa with no hint of wax or other weird fragrance. I could drink it just from the smell alone!

I paid $23 for this at Sephora and it comes in a 473 mL bottle. IMO this is really expensive for body wash/bubble bath. I felt like I was watching my money go down the drain everytime I used it.

Based on smell alone, I would give it a 5. I have not used it as a shampoo so I can't comment. As a body wash, I would rate this 5 lippies because it goes on like silk on the skin and stays on the skin long. That way I can smell the chocolate longer. The texture is difficult to describe. It is kind of slimy and velvety. As a bubble bath, I would only give this 2 lippies, which is disappointing because I purchased it mainly to use as a bubble bath.

When I pour the bubble bath in as the water is running, the product just sinks to the bottom and needs to be mixed manually by hand. Also, it does not create enough bubbles to be called a bubble bath. $2 bubble bath is more bubbly than this. Also, the few bubbles that this does create, they disappear quickly.

I would buy again based solely on the smell but I would only use it very sparingly as it is very expensive (that is why I took off a lippie). Overall, it is only a mediocre product.