October 25, 2014 | 1254 users online

Shampoo - Aubrey Organics - Island Spice Replenishing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this shampoo over and over. It has become quite a staple for me (long, wavy, medium thickness but prone to breakage hair). The ingredients list is nice, the smell is delicious if a bit earthy, so keep that in mind, and it does good things to my hair. Sometimes my hair gets used to it and I have to cheat (or splurge with Pureology), but I always go through a few of these a year. It lathers better than lots of other sulfate-free shampoos I've tried, rinses easily, and leaves my hair detangled and with some strength and slip. I use and love the matching conditioner, too, but have strayed lately due to my obsession with the new Carol's Daughter Monoi oil line...basically I need my hair to smell like a Carnival Cruise ship.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo is quite possibly the best shampoo I have ever used.
I love that the ingredients are natural, and that there are NO sulfates. This cleanses and rinses well, which is important for my thin hair! I LOVE the smell of this too. It's like opening a new spice for the first time. I also use this as a face wash and it's very gentle. I'm a fan!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by rikasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My hair felt like straw after using this shampoo! Plus it smells pretty awful. The paired conditioner is better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo and conditioner combo is very healthy for your hair. It definitely feels like it replenishes the moisture in my hair and maintains it's strength. The only thing I don't like about it is how much I have to use every time I shampoo. It doesn't really foam up because it's all natural and I don't feel like it really gets down to my scalp so I have to use quite a bit. It is also expensive since it doesn't last a real long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by donnajuliecasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best shampoo ever. The smells is like old spice, not my favorite (I really dislike it) but the results are unbeatable and the scent is gone after it dries. I have fine curly hair and use flat and curling irons. This stuff heals and corrects your hair. My hair is beyond fabulous thanks to this shampoo and the conditioner. Love It!

Update: This has done such a good job at healing and conditioning my hair that I have also added Aubrey Organic Blue Chamomile to alternate with so I don't get over conditioned. I continue to use Aubrey Organics Island conditioner and use it as a quick rinse. Great shampoos and conditioners! As far as styling, still sticking w/ Bumble and Bumble.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 1:15:00 PM More reviews by glagodmos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product just fine... I had been using the Honesuckle version, and thought I'd try this since it's supposed to be especially moisturizing. I didn't actually notice much difference -- both this and the Honesuckle are much better for my hair than other commercial brands I've tried (both drugstore and salon) but I can't tell much difference between the two Aubrey formulas. The thing I do like better about this is that the scent is a little less overpowering. And it does seem to lather a little better for me than the Honesuckle did. Both leave my hair much softer, more manageable, etc than mainstream brands - and I have very thick, wavy, coarse, dry hair, which is usually a challenge to find good products for. Overall, I like it just fine and will definitely repurchase the brand, but I might check out some of their other formulations first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo definitely smelled spicy and is brown in color with little brown spots. I used it with the conditioner and was not happy with the results. Although it left my hair soft to the touch, my curly/wavy hair was left with no body nor shine. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Rubybreath

Love this! The smell is intoxicating. I feel like I am on vacation somewhere exotic after my shower/bath. My hair also seems to love this shampoo as it is left glossy and bouncy after using this along with Aubrey's GPB conditioner. I love that this shampoo is also non-drying. I highly recommend this shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2006 12:28:00 AM More reviews by uisceboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this while on vacation. It smells like vacation, tropical and exotic. Didn't do anything unusual, though. I'd rather use my usual product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 8:41:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

I didn't like this shampoo as much as the conditioner. (The conditioner is awesome!) The shampoo smells lovely - you can see specks of Allspice in it when you pour it into your hand - but it's very runny. The lather is ok, but not terrific - probably because it doesn't have sulfates or petrochemical ingredients. It also seems a little harsh, despite being marketed as moisturizing. For now, I'll add it to my rotation, but in the future I'll probably pair the conditioner with a more moisturizing shampoo. UPDATE: used regularly, this shampoo is actually very moisturizing, you just have to use a lot to get your hair clean. Leaves my hair very soft.