Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

on 7/2/2015 12:52:00 PM

USD $14.99. I really, really wanted to love this with its natural ingredients and amazing price point. But, it just doesn't work for me.

The good: Texture is thick, dense and creamy. You need very little to get the maximum moisture. Great ingredients, comparable to La Mer. The bad: The container is cheap, flimsy plastic that could potentially break if you drop it (but that's ok at this price point and what you're getting in the pot). The really, really bad: crazy laundry-detergent scent. I mean, the kind that lingers on for hours and hours and gives you a headache. Most cosmetics scents wear off after absorbing in a few minutes. This just lingers on and is so strong! - so much that DH could smell it across the room couple of hours later. I'm sensitive to scented products but will bear with them if I like the product's results. I just couldn't take this after couple of days and will be returning it. I refuse to even use it as body lotion or hand cream - the smell is just that overwhelming to me.

So, awesome buy if you're ok with the scent. But if you have any kind of sensitivity - avoid!

on 6/28/2015 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer! I have oily, acne-prone skin with redness.

I noticed that with consistent use of this, the redness of my skin went down, it took about 3-4 weeks before I noticed a difference. I also notice my skin overall looks nicer and even. Unlike some other nighttime moisturizers, this doesn't make my skin super oily! When I wake up my skin just looks nice and refreshed :), it moisturizes my skin nicely. Be careful about getting it too close to your eyes though, I notice that if I do my eyes get irritated.

Definitely recommend if you're looking for a moisturizer that will help with redness and that overall makes your skin even and refreshed.

I've had this for two months now and it seems like there's barely a dent in it. I honestly love this night cream. I use it in the day time too because I just have dry skin and it doesn't make me oily at all. when I wake up my face just looks renewed and moisturized. it's hard to explain how much I love this product. I have noticed change in my skin tone especially in my cheeks and the moisture seems very balanced out. and I love it's all natural so I know I'm not putting toxins in my face everyday. the smell is not overbearing. the texture is very thick and creamy, at first I was very skeptical because it looked very heavy but really it soaks into the skin very nicely. since I'm still on my first jar, I haven't bought any other lotions, and I've tried my best to stick with this until the end of it so I can fully see the effects but after these two months I don't think I can go with any other lotions. I recommend this to all skin types, it's worth the buy I promise.

on 6/11/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a wonderful night cream. I have oily skin with an acne prone chin area. I've been using this for about 3 months now and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. My complextion has evened out and my skin looks bright and my pores are much smaller. I use the Alba toner as well, I think in conjunction they work great. I love the smell, I don't find it too strong at all. It's a bit expensive for my budget but luckily it lasts long since it's a rich night cream you only need a small amount nightly.
Definitely my new night cream!

on 3/28/2014 12:39:00 PM

Almost EVERYTHING breaks me out. For the longest time I wasn't using anything on my face except water and a washcloth because I couldn't stand the breakouts--my skin is fine on its own for the most part, but the second I put any lotion on it it's a nightmare! But it was getting so dry around October this year, I caved and gave the moisturizer game another shot. This is so thick and moisturizing, not greasy at all, I always wake up with my face feeling soft and fresh. It has never broken me out and it feels so plush that I just enjoy applying it. It's on the thicker side but it sinks in really well, and I always apply it right after washing my face so it has a bit more slip. It doesn't feel heavy on the face in the slightest, and I've worn it under makeup and had no problems at all. It has a light smell but I can never smell it once it's actually on my face, and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes even though I apply extra around my eye area.

I'd prefer a tube to a jar. The fact that I expose it to air every time I use it bothers me a bit. That and the jar itself isn't even air-tight... I haven't really noticed any fading of dark marks and I've been using it for maybe 5-6 months (with some breaks in between to experiment with other stuff) so I wouldn't recommend it for that. But I didn't buy it for that so it doesn't bother me. It's an excellent moisturizer, and I'm VERY happy with it. I've already repurchased.

on 2/7/2014 9:57:00 AM

Just ran out of my Andalou Naturals night cream and picked this one up to try out. I like that it claims to brighten skintone and fade dark marks, because I have a lot of old acne marks I'm trying to get rid of. I can't comment on that aspect just yet, but I can tell that I absolutely love the formula of this cream. It is extremely thick, like a balm but it hydrates and plumps like a high end moisturizer. It has a very pleasant scent that reminds me a lot of the Clarins Iris toning lotion scent, but it may be too strong if you're not a scented skincare person.

I really enjoy using this at night. Just a small amount is needed for my face and neck. You wake up with hydrated, plump and glowing skin in the morning. I use it in combination with the enzyme scrub and toner from the same line.

on 8/20/2013 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this for a week (the 'new' version) and definitely moisturizes and leaves my skin plump and bright in the morning. So far no results with scar fading--will update if that changes. I love that it is cruelty free and about half the price of department store night creams (I paid $16 I think). A little goes A LONG WAY!!!! The first time I used this I used way too much and I ended up waking up with a super greasy face, so be careful. I really hate the packaging; tubs are basically a pool for germs so you must make sure you wash your hands right before you stick your fingers in there. It definitely has a strong, manly smell to it that I wish wasn't there; sort of off putting but not a deal breaker. If you're sensitive to scents I would not recommend it. Also, it does not break out my acne-prone skin!! I can usually use all Alba products with no problem.

PROS:
A little goes a LONG way
Great moisturizer, brightens skin
Lasts a long time
Cruelty-free
Affordable
Good for acne-prone skin

CONS:
Strong scent
Tub packaging
So far no scar fading

on 6/8/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a rich and moisturizing cream. I use this during the day sometimes, but just a little tiny bit. I hate that it's in a jar package, but most night creams are unfortunately. I haven't noticed any change in discoloration (I have a lot of red discoloration on my face) but I didn't expect the cream to do much for that anyway. All in all, this is a very nice nighttime cream for a reasonable price.

on 3/14/2013 9:56:00 PM

The cream is indeed very moisturizing and absorbs quickly without feeling greasy. I like how light it is, which is usually difficult to find in an ultra-moisturizing night cream (I have very dry skin, so I need to bring out the big guns). The smell is a little dated, but doesn't bother me. I think I also noticed reduced redness, but it wasn't very obvious. Overall, I recommend it strictly as a moisturizer, and not for the redness reducing qualities.

on 2/26/2013 5:56:00 PM

I have very sensetive skin and can beak out with many products.
I am very impressed with this cream. I use it at night every other night and this seems to moisterize me without over doing it and making me break out.