October 24, 2014 | 1215 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Lorguts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful night cream. I have oily skin with an acne prone chin area. I've been using this for about 3 months now and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. My complextion has evened out and my skin looks bright and my pores are much smaller. I use the Alba toner as well, I think in conjunction they work great. I love the smell, I don't find it too strong at all. It's a bit expensive for my budget but luckily it lasts long since it's a rich night cream you only need a small amount nightly.
Definitely my new night cream!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by alkaid

Almost EVERYTHING breaks me out. For the longest time I wasn't using anything on my face except water and a washcloth because I couldn't stand the breakouts--my skin is fine on its own for the most part, but the second I put any lotion on it it's a nightmare! But it was getting so dry around October this year, I caved and gave the moisturizer game another shot. This is so thick and moisturizing, not greasy at all, I always wake up with my face feeling soft and fresh. It has never broken me out and it feels so plush that I just enjoy applying it. It's on the thicker side but it sinks in really well, and I always apply it right after washing my face so it has a bit more slip. It doesn't feel heavy on the face in the slightest, and I've worn it under makeup and had no problems at all. It has a light smell but I can never smell it once it's actually on my face, and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes even though I apply extra around my eye area.

I'd prefer a tube to a jar. The fact that I expose it to air every time I use it bothers me a bit. That and the jar itself isn't even air-tight... I haven't really noticed any fading of dark marks and I've been using it for maybe 5-6 months (with some breaks in between to experiment with other stuff) so I wouldn't recommend it for that. But I didn't buy it for that so it doesn't bother me. It's an excellent moisturizer, and I'm VERY happy with it. I've already repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Just ran out of my Andalou Naturals night cream and picked this one up to try out. I like that it claims to brighten skintone and fade dark marks, because I have a lot of old acne marks I'm trying to get rid of. I can't comment on that aspect just yet, but I can tell that I absolutely love the formula of this cream. It is extremely thick, like a balm but it hydrates and plumps like a high end moisturizer. It has a very pleasant scent that reminds me a lot of the Clarins Iris toning lotion scent, but it may be too strong if you're not a scented skincare person.

I really enjoy using this at night. Just a small amount is needed for my face and neck. You wake up with hydrated, plump and glowing skin in the morning. I use it in combination with the enzyme scrub and toner from the same line.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by chihuaualover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week (the 'new' version) and definitely moisturizes and leaves my skin plump and bright in the morning. So far no results with scar fading--will update if that changes. I love that it is cruelty free and about half the price of department store night creams (I paid $16 I think). A little goes A LONG WAY!!!! The first time I used this I used way too much and I ended up waking up with a super greasy face, so be careful. I really hate the packaging; tubs are basically a pool for germs so you must make sure you wash your hands right before you stick your fingers in there. It definitely has a strong, manly smell to it that I wish wasn't there; sort of off putting but not a deal breaker. If you're sensitive to scents I would not recommend it. Also, it does not break out my acne-prone skin!! I can usually use all Alba products with no problem.

PROS:
A little goes a LONG way
Great moisturizer, brightens skin
Lasts a long time
Cruelty-free
Affordable
Good for acne-prone skin

CONS:
Strong scent
Tub packaging
So far no scar fading

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a rich and moisturizing cream. I use this during the day sometimes, but just a little tiny bit. I hate that it's in a jar package, but most night creams are unfortunately. I haven't noticed any change in discoloration (I have a lot of red discoloration on my face) but I didn't expect the cream to do much for that anyway. All in all, this is a very nice nighttime cream for a reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by XGrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The cream is indeed very moisturizing and absorbs quickly without feeling greasy. I like how light it is, which is usually difficult to find in an ultra-moisturizing night cream (I have very dry skin, so I need to bring out the big guns). The smell is a little dated, but doesn't bother me. I think I also noticed reduced redness, but it wasn't very obvious. Overall, I recommend it strictly as a moisturizer, and not for the redness reducing qualities.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by shmich75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensetive skin and can beak out with many products.
I am very impressed with this cream. I use it at night every other night and this seems to moisterize me without over doing it and making me break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by wjabeling

Very thick and moisturizing but I have to agree with another reviewer that this "smells like laundry detergent". After using it for 2 weeks, I had to stop because the smell was just too strong. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Marmaladestarz

I spent a good deal of time looking for a suitable night cream, and I finally settled on trying this one - not extravagantly expensive (I think I paid $21), "natural" product without too many nasties (or so I had hoped - the Good Guide seems to think otherwise, but I'm not sure I buy their rating. For this reason, I might go on the search again once I finish this container.), and solid moisturizing properties.

While this cream's primary claim is uneven tone reduction, I purchased this more as an all around night-cream. I rely on my Arbonne RE9 Serum for anti-aging properties.

Pros: moisturizes adequately - much better than any other moisturizers and night creams I have tried, including my Clinique Moisture Surge. I previously had tried Neutrogena's natural night cream, which I think would be OK for summer, but it's just not enough during the winter. This one does a much better job in dry weather.

Added bonus - I got dry patches on my hands that wouldn't go away with regular creams - a few dabs of this at night, and I had soft, healed hands the next day.

Cons: The texture is a bit sticky - you can't just glide it on your skin. However, I've found that if you apply it right after washing and/or pat it on, it's fine. Also, if I apply this over my Arbonne vitamin C serum (RE9), it can sometimes pill up and flake off. However, I've noticed if I let the serum sink in a little longer, this is minimal, and the patting method helps as well. I've found this cream can sometimes make vapors that stings my eyes, but I think this is only an issue when they're already irritated or dry.

I am pretty sensitive to "smelly" creams, and I have to say I find the light fragrance appealing and not too obtrusive. However, if it came in unscented (which, maybe it does), I would prefer that.

I won't comment on packaging, as everyone has their preference - personally, I like to use every last drop, so the pot is a plus, although not great for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Suasoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The one thing this claims to do - reduce discoloration after 2 weeks - did not happen for me. The dark/age spots are still there at the end of the jar. However this is a nice natural cruelty-free moisturizer from a reliable company and worth a try. I used it both morning and night - it isn't so greasy you can't put on makeup after. But not so great that I noticed any textural or other improvements.

I am surprised people didn't like the scent: I found it pleasant, not perfumey.

I'm marking it down mainly for not working as hoped and marking it as a "not buy again" because since that didn't happen, there are probably other moisturizers that achieve the same basic purpose.