October 21, 2014 | 1435 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects Moisturizing UV Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I most definately reccomend for those with oily skin, this stuff works and isn't greasy at all unlike most moisturizers out on the market. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by hydrin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin and this product makes my face smooth soft and gets rid of he flaky dryness . I use it under makeup so my face does not have that Matt dry finish which ages your look. Love the fragrance also

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My review is for total effects with spf15 in the beige packaging.
This moisturizes my skin perfectly, i put on quite a lot (in order to have good protection) and it sinks in so quickly! It doesn't leave a white cast and no greasy feeling. I like the pump dispenser, very hygienic.
Unfortunately i wouldn't buy this product again as i find spf 15 a bit low, i used it in december but i prefer to use spf30 in winter and spf50 in summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted this to work for me so badly :(. I love Olay's other products, and have used their Olay Complete for Sensitive skin for years and love it. However, this made my face burn and made me have little bumps all over my skin...I guess there is something in it that irritates me. I recently turned 30 so wanted to increase my anti-aging regimen so hoped this would be the answer but sadly no. I would not repurchase..went back to my Olay Complete for Sensitive skin...maybe this might work for others but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AlishaLondon

yes yes yes transforms ur face.. and great price!! will defo buy again ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale at CVS for less than $20. I'm asian, with normal skin leaning towards dry. My main skin concerns are evening out my skin tone (cosmetically, not by bleaching) because I have some freckles on my cheeks, darkness around my forehead, etc. I was using Shiseido Sunscreen under my makeup but I need more moisture for the fall/winter and so far I'm really pleased. My skin looks prettier and healthier after applying the cream alone and I need to use less concealer. I haven't had much luck with Olay moisturizers in the past but this doesn't break me out. I would buy this again, if my budget is the same the next time I need moisturizer. Or I might get Aveeno Brightening Spf15 lotion-- that was my old drugstore standby until I tried this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I started getting more diligent about my skincare a couple of years ago I found it difficult to find a chemist/drugstore moisturiser with broad spectrum spf at a reasonable price. My mother had used this for years and after trying it I was a total convert. I have slightly dry skin and hardly ever get spots but I can have problems with roughness/poor texture if a moisturiser is too rich.

This is a very pleasantly scented thick cream which smooths on and absorbs quite quickly. It doesn't sting my eyes as ferociously as other spf creams and doesn't have that tacky, over-rich texture they often have either. It provides a lovely base for makeup and instantly freshens up my tired morning-face.

I don't really have wrinkles (yet) so I can't comment on that aspect. However it keeps my skin feeling smooth and does a good job maintaining an even skintone. I think the spf 15 is perfectly adequate for day-to-day use in Ireland (or Britain).

It also contains niacinamide, vitamin c, vitamin e and green tea extract, which I think is a pretty good combination of antioxidants for a non-cosmeceutical cream. I feel I don't need an extra serum for day use; I just use a retinol/peptide one at night.

The only downside is that I think this is overpriced (18-20 for 50ml) for something sold in chemists/supermarkets. It's usually discounted however, which I think is when most people buy it.

Overall, I'm really happy to use this consistently as my day cream. I'm considering trying the Regenerist only because it has broad spectrum spf 30. Still though, this is such a great product that I think it's one I'll always come back to and it definitely deserves a 5 star review.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this years ago, but I did like it. I had no irritation from it and it did add moisture to my skin without breaking me out. The price isn't bad, especially compared to other products. It smells nice. (smells fresh and not perfumed or chemical-y) The consistency is nice. It's very smooth. I don't think this would be good for really oily skin though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Pauw

This is the day moisturizer I will always go back to. I remember when I was just 16 I use my mom's stock of this. I used to sneak pumping a drop of this because she always used to tell me that anti-aging moisturizers are meant for older skin. I didn't really listen. Haha.

I bought my own bottle of this recently, after years of not using this. I applied this and it still felt good. The scent was nice and that didn't bother me. It easily absorbs quite faster in my skin compared to other moisturizers I use. I liked the packaging of this because you have full control on how much product you'll get. I also liked the fact that it has spf 15. However though, I wish it would come with a UVA and UVB in it as well for maximum sun protection. Also, this wasn't a big of a help for me oily skin. I tend to oil up after three hours or so.

Nonetheless, I'm still hoping to see the result I saw when I was using this years ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kaygal89

This has spf so I wear it under my foundation and it works as a good base for my makeup. I love the olay scent. I sometimes use this at night as I find it a thickish cream formula which really hydrates my skin. I havn't noticed any "brightening" or "firming" effects but its a good moisturiser. A bit expensive here in Australia but I would still repurchase as I am acne prone and this does not clog my pores.