Olay Total Effects Moisturizing UV Formula

3.6

water, glycerin, niacinamide, isohexadecane, dimethicone, isopropyl isostearate, polyacrylamide, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, sucrose polycottonseedate, sorbitan stearate, cetyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, stearyl alcohol, dimethiconol, laureth-7, peg-100 stearate, stearic acid, citric acid, propylparaben, disodium edta, methylparaben, bht, benzyl alcohol, ethylparaben, ammonium polyacrylate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, fragrance, yellow 5, red 40. vitamin b3, vitamin c, pro-vitamin b5,vitamin e

on 6/8/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Got this based on positive reviews from PC. Yes, it's a great sunscreen and moisturizer. However, it was too heavy for daytime and always left me shiny and greasy. Even my young kids who wore it asked to have their face powdered because they didn't want to be so shiny.

on 4/18/2015 1:22:00 AM

This used to be my go-to moisturiser that I knew would be hydrating enough, semi-matte and work with pretty much every foundation.
I've been sampling a lot of different skincare lately (as i've noticed fine lines appearing) when I spotted this in packaging that boasted "new formula - now with 40% more vitamins". Naturally I had to try it. Well it may contain more vitamins, but it also has a not quite sparkly but very obvious sheen to it. It's also much thinner and doesn't work well under makeup. Most of it is gone or slipping around halfway through the day due to how oily I got.
Beware of the reformulated ones!

on 2/25/2015 12:04:00 PM

Nice light moisturizer with lots of niacinimide and a nice blend of antioxidants, including vitamin C and green tea.
It's not greasy at all, I have combination skin, my make up applies nicely over top and my skin feels smoother.
Would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I most definately reccomend for those with oily skin, this stuff works and isn't greasy at all unlike most moisturizers out on the market. :)

on 2/9/2014 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely dry skin and this product makes my face smooth soft and gets rid of he flaky dryness . I use it under makeup so my face does not have that Matt dry finish which ages your look. Love the fragrance also

on 1/13/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My review is for total effects with spf15 in the beige packaging.
This moisturizes my skin perfectly, i put on quite a lot (in order to have good protection) and it sinks in so quickly! It doesn't leave a white cast and no greasy feeling. I like the pump dispenser, very hygienic.
Unfortunately i wouldn't buy this product again as i find spf 15 a bit low, i used it in december but i prefer to use spf30 in winter and spf50 in summer.

on 12/10/2011 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted this to work for me so badly :(. I love Olay's other products, and have used their Olay Complete for Sensitive skin for years and love it. However, this made my face burn and made me have little bumps all over my skin...I guess there is something in it that irritates me. I recently turned 30 so wanted to increase my anti-aging regimen so hoped this would be the answer but sadly no. I would not repurchase..went back to my Olay Complete for Sensitive skin...maybe this might work for others but not for me.

on 10/20/2011 8:31:00 PM

yes yes yes transforms ur face.. and great price!! will defo buy again ;-)

on 10/11/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this on sale at CVS for less than $20. I'm asian, with normal skin leaning towards dry. My main skin concerns are evening out my skin tone (cosmetically, not by bleaching) because I have some freckles on my cheeks, darkness around my forehead, etc. I was using Shiseido Sunscreen under my makeup but I need more moisture for the fall/winter and so far I'm really pleased. My skin looks prettier and healthier after applying the cream alone and I need to use less concealer. I haven't had much luck with Olay moisturizers in the past but this doesn't break me out. I would buy this again, if my budget is the same the next time I need moisturizer. Or I might get Aveeno Brightening Spf15 lotion-- that was my old drugstore standby until I tried this.

on 10/3/2011 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When I started getting more diligent about my skincare a couple of years ago I found it difficult to find a chemist/drugstore moisturiser with broad spectrum spf at a reasonable price. My mother had used this for years and after trying it I was a total convert. I have slightly dry skin and hardly ever get spots but I can have problems with roughness/poor texture if a moisturiser is too rich.

This is a very pleasantly scented thick cream which smooths on and absorbs quite quickly. It doesn't sting my eyes as ferociously as other spf creams and doesn't have that tacky, over-rich texture they often have either. It provides a lovely base for makeup and instantly freshens up my tired morning-face.

I don't really have wrinkles (yet) so I can't comment on that aspect. However it keeps my skin feeling smooth and does a good job maintaining an even skintone. I think the spf 15 is perfectly adequate for day-to-day use in Ireland (or Britain).

It also contains niacinamide, vitamin c, vitamin e and green tea extract, which I think is a pretty good combination of antioxidants for a non-cosmeceutical cream. I feel I don't need an extra serum for day use; I just use a retinol/peptide one at night.

The only downside is that I think this is overpriced (18-20 for 50ml) for something sold in chemists/supermarkets. It's usually discounted however, which I think is when most people buy it.

Overall, I'm really happy to use this consistently as my day cream. I'm considering trying the Regenerist only because it has broad spectrum spf 30. Still though, this is such a great product that I think it's one I'll always come back to and it definitely deserves a 5 star review.