October 20, 2014 | 1954 users online

Cleansers - Sage - Extra Strength Facial Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Recently got a bottle of this during Sage's last sale/discount. I usually use the Regular and it's still my first go-to to remove my eye MU since this one does seem to dry out my eye area if I concentrate on using it to remove MU. But I've been using the Xtra strength for my second cleansing. My reaction is much like the first review below by aphelionyx. It's awesome....my skin seems to really respond. I will say however that I'm not a huge fan of the strong lemony smell. I prefer the mandarin scent of the regular facial 'poo but I'm overlooking that aspect since my skin looks so good. I will update at a later date.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent facial cleanser. It provides enough lather to thoroughly clean my oily skin without causing any dryness. I find it interesting that Sage includes fragrance in their skin care products since it can cause problems for people with sensitive skin (like myself). However, the scent is very light and pleasant and didn't cause any irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by test761

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser every morning and evening. It gently removes all my makeup including mascara without making my skin feel dry. This is the Extra Stength version, but it's not too drying. This product has a great scent that perks me up, sort or citrusy instead of perfumy. An 8 oz. bottle lasts me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by harleygirl5762

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Sage. I've had awful acne since age 12, which nothing will get rid of. I started Sage's Extra Strengh cleanser with the extra strength facial grains about 9 months ago, and I've been acne free since! Not only that, but my skin is beautiful and smooth, flake-free, out-of-a-magazine skin! I love it!!!! As for the price, Sage seems expensive, but the bottles last a really long time. I bought this facial shampoo last December, and it's still keeping me going in July. Way worth it! and more economical than buying Proactiv for $40 each month, which DOES NOT WORK!!!! So in the long run, the price evens out with how much product you get. Definitely, get Sage!!!! It's the closest to any miracle product I've come across.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2006 9:13:00 PM More reviews by pillowbear

I decided to give Sage treatment a try last Dec.'05. I purchased the Very Oily Trial Pack and just love it! I swear my skin feels a lot smoother even after one application of the products! This facial cleanser is great! The main ingredients is aloe vera gel, and after you wash your face with it, your skin feels wonderful! Clean & fresh without the dry & tight feeling at all. It even removed make-up really well! All in all, Sage's treatment is working really well & makes my skin a lot smoother & really nice to the touch.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 12:38:00 PM More reviews by africanviolet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another Sage HG for me. Works great with the grains!! Very gentle yet effective. Nice lather and smells nice and can even use it remove eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jodieleigh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sage rocks! I have horrible skin...teenage acne right into adult acne and I'm sure I'll have senior citizen's acne. However, Sage products really help control my skin. The facial shampoo is great, it leaves me clean and no residue at all left on my skin. It can be very drying when you first start to use it, but it is worth sticking to the skin care routine Sage plans out for you...it works!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 2:37:00 AM More reviews by aphelionyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really do like the Sage Facial Shampoo line, and I usually use the Regular version. However, when it came time to re-order, I figured that I'd try the extra strength. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now, and I absolutely love it -- not exactly sure how it differs from the regular version. Instead of the pinkish-orange color of the regular, this is yellow, and smells lemony. I took one lippie off because it's so expensive, but there's something to be said about using a good facial cleanser that doesn't dry out your face with harsh detergents. I think they've got a convert for life. :) I use this in conjunction with the Facial Grains, which are fantastic as well. If I could give this 10 lippies, I would. Update - 7/2008 - I still use this every morning and night, and I still love it. :)