October 31, 2014 | 895 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Ultra Moist Lipstick in Dubonnet #325

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

On me this is a warm rosey pink with no hint of orange or brown. Cream finish, muted and sophisticated making it suitable for day wear. The negatives? I don't want lippies that are fragranced and taste like synthetic cherry lollies, the crappy cap, and the lack of staying power. I do like the colour, but I'm going to stick to Revlon Superlustrous lippies from now on as I find them basically foolproof. I purchased this off Ebay as it is not available in Australia. If it was available locally I might have repurchased, but even then, I doubt it.
Edit: I have just tested this next to Revlon Superlustrous in Blushing Nude and on my lips they are almost an exact match. Hope this helps other people in making colour selections. The Revlon Superlustrous line is worth the extra money in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jennylynn

I'm a yellow-toned PPP who loves this product. I love red lipsticks anyway; but I'm on enough of a budget that I just can't afford to experiment w/anything that costs more than, well, about $1 a tube! Bought this initially to wear in a play, but find myself wearing it almost every day now. On me-- with my unpigmented lips --it's a nice, deep, warm rose-y-red. Not bright, fire-engine red, but not a warm fuschia, either. Yes, it feels quite smooth on application, and almost feels more balm-y than it does old-school lipstick-y. But I like that! No need to apply a balm underneath to keep things smooth. I love this stuff, and will continue to keep a tube in my bathroom, my purse, my back-up purse, and my makeup bag until (and we all know that it's inevitable) it's discontinued, curse the day...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by elizablueuk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is a beautiful rich red, however, i agree with the posters who have commented on its oiliness...the only way i like to use it is to apply it generously with a lip brush and then blot with TP, then repeat as you see fit. the packaging is the WORST lipstick packaging i have ever encountered. i made the mistake of putting it in my purse and of course it opened and made a bloody mess. i wrapped it in a tissue and put it in a baggie, but it's not worth the trouble for me to use it when i travel, so this one stays home. if you really love the color, do yourself a favor and use a knife or something to scoop it all out of the tube and put it in a little film canister or something...the packaging is really THAT bad! vitamin cases or pill cases from the dollar store work great for lipsticks like this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by anandakatze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried out this lipstick on a whim and I wasn't that thrilled with it. It's a fairly nice warm red on me (my skintone is around MAC NC 30-40) but this lipstick definitely has an added scent which I can't stand and it bleeds unless I use a lipliner. Also, the lipstick doesn't retreat all the way into the packaging, which means I have to be very careful not to nick the lipstick when using it. Oh well -- what can you expect for around $2?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This peachy red looked promising, but on my Asian, NC25 skintone, it just doesn't work very well. On me, it looks like the residual color of another lipstick after I've eaten an oily salad. Perhaps it can be altered slightly with another liner, but it's no big loss if I can't ever get it to work - at under $2CAD, it wasn't a big investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice lipstick, but bad color for me: medium-toned warm peach-red, opaque, no shimmer (cool PPP, brown hair and eyes). smooth, creamy, moist, lasts well. has slight lipsticky feel and scent, but no added fragrance imo.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by harris5998

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the texture and smoothness of this lipstick. It is dirt cheap, less than one dollar!

Dubonnet is a gorgeous wine-red shade that is just what I was looking for. I am a PPP who cannot do many reds, but this color is really gorgeous. I'm not good at describing colors but I can say that I don't see any overwhelming warmness or coolness in this shade. It seems to me a neutral reddish color that I think would be appropriate for any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2006 2:15:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

This is a great find for such a cheap price. NYC's retro red and sheer red are too bold for me so Dubonnet is a good alternative because it's more muted. I don't see any brown/orange/peach undertones. On my lips, this color is a rosey muted red. Has a slight scent that is not bothersome to me. Compared to sheer red, this lipstick isn't as moisturizing but it doesn't make my lips feel dry either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2006 8:51:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

As much as I hate to be the party pooper here, I don't find this shade very flattering on me. Dubonnet looks beautiful in the tube..it's a sort of a peachy-red color. Reminds me of a peachy rosebud. Think Scully from the X-files! But when I put it on, all I see is a red-orange color. I'm an NC30 and I can't pull off orangey shades at all on my lips! But the formula is excellent despite the awkward color! Oh well, at least I only paid a little less than a buck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 9:00:00 AM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love red lipstick but it's so hard to find one which doesn't have blue tones. this, however, suits my tan asian skin to a T. match it with some black eyeliner and i'm ready to paint the town in red. this lipstick isn't creamy or moisturizing (the way i like it), but it stays on pretty well. i'm going to grab more of it.