July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Lip Gloss - Paula's Choice - Soft Shine Moisturizing Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

Very beautiful lip gloss, either alone or topping a lipstick. Not sticky - nice sheen and not sparkly. It's really cheap now too (1/2 price about $5) because I think it is being discontinued. Very good value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Got a sample of this in Ruby. Tend to be nervous about pink-based colors since they tend to go a weird magenta on my lips. This one didn't. A true, slightly cool red. No tackiness. Very moisturizing. Doesn't last long (about an hour with my normal round of coffee drinking). Currently on 50% off sale on the site. Even full price - less than $10. Will probably pick up a full size of this and a couple of the other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

Paula's Choice glosses are very nice. They aren't too sticky and don't slide right off, but the staying power isn't great. It's not bad, but there are better ones out there. There are a pretty good range of colors and you can try samples. I don't know if I have a favorite color as most of them didn't wow me. But these are worth a go for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by busymama31

Really nice color. I love that it's not sticky like so many other lip glosses, but as a result this lacks in staying power. The searc for the perfect lip gloss is still on.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by itsmekylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried samples of PC gloss in Russet, Honey Rose, Sandy Pink, and Blush. The colors looked beautiful before I put them on- ugh. With my skin tone (very fair with red undertones) and coloring (dark brown hair & eyes), these colors looked horrible, thick, and unnatural, and one or two were metallic-looking. I was very displeased. :( But this was just on me- they might be gorgeous on someone else.

On the plus side, the glosses were very smooth and creamy, felt super nice on the lips, weren't sticky, and didn't have an odor or taste. :) And they had a perfect amount of shine. Worth trying to see if they are for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by prettinpinc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own 4 colors: Blush, Sandy Pink, Russet, and Almost Clear. I love how smooth and moisturizing they are. Blush is quite warm, a bit of an auburn nude, and my absolute favorite (great for redheads). Both sandy pink and russet could probably pass for either cool or warm. Sandy pink has the most make-upy look, very shiny and sleek, not an understated pink at all. Russet can layered on for a slightly stained, "ripe" look, or keep going for a more intense red. Almost clear just feels good and adds the barest hint of color. I noticed that the gloss stays in the tube until I put them in my pocket. If you keep them away from heat the caps won't get goopy on the inside, and the packaging won't be problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 10:34:00 AM More reviews by trshafer

I bought this in Blush, and the color is attractive. The pluses are that is is moisturizing, and it doesn't seem to bleed when I use it over a good lip pencil. I like the fact it has no added fragrance. Unfortunately, it wears off extremely quickly. Chanel's Glossimers are a better product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this gloss in 'Almost Clear', which looks very bright pink in the tube, but is truly almost clear on the lips. I won't buy this product again because it just doesn't have great staying power, and takes my lipstick off with it. I do prefer to use this gloss without lipstick, and swipe it on before I take my dogs for a walk. I did rate this 3 lippies, because it is very moisturizing, even though it doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by shiva_didj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I got it in Blush, which is very close to GloMinerals Nude lip gloss, my HG. GM in Blush is just a twinge more pink, which I like better, but the difference is so small and I wear it so sheerly that it doesnt make much difference. Paula's is less expensive for more product, and the texture and color are nearly exact. One bigger difference is that Paula's has no scent, while the other was slightly vanilla like. MLBB.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by cellogal

This gloss lasted a while, which is unusual for a gloss, and didn't have any flavoring to it. If the taste of a gloss is important to you, you might want to stay away from this one. It's not as runny as some I've tried, and not as sticky as others. It's a very good consistency, and it does moisturize. I personally did not like the color on me (I got Ruby, and it was too pink for my taste), and it had a tendency to migrate to my teeth, which I haven't really experienced with other glosses. Maybe I wasn't applying it right. In any case, the wand has obviously been improved, because it was strong enough to apply without bending. A great gloss for someone, just not for me.