September 1, 2014 | 2004 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by TheAngelWingz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As a person with eczema prone, sensitive skin, I was really hoping to be able to find a good SPF cream I can use on a daily basis. I was speaking to the Clinique sales woman and she was confident this would be great for my skin. I purchased the very dry to dry skin version of this cream, and upon trying it, it stung me so much I had to remove it from my skin. I thought to myself, it must be because I was having a flare up, so I kept it and was hoping to use it when my skin starts to calm down. A few months down the line, I have continously tried to use it again and again, but I have no other word than it is horrible. I have very dry skin but even this cream was too much for me, it felt like I had put suncream on my face instead of a moisturiser. I put it on again yesterday to give it one last chance and all it has done is stung my face. It was so bad, I was compelled to write a review on it, and this is coming from someone who never writes reviews.

Smell wise, it is a bit strong, and the smell lingers for a long time after applying it, but I can handle it, texture is way too oily for my liking. I noticed the product's texture was so thick and oily, it made my face look swollen. I haven't finished the cream yet but it's going in the bin. Clinique's products have never really agreed with me to be honest, I don't know why I thought it would be any different the last time I purchased something from them. It's definitely a product/range I won't be recommending to anyone, and I won't be purchasing it again. Not worth the price at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Poem09

I have been using this product for about a week and every morning I feel that my face is stinging.

Not sure if I am having an allergic reaction to this as this has never happened to me before. It's such a shame as it was not cheap! I liked the idea of the high SPF and it covering alot of areas like anti-aging and being a good moisturizer etc.

The texture was smooth and easily absorbed, and I couldn't really say the it smelled nice but that didn't bother me. Unfortunately I won't be buying this again as it didn't agree with me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:22:00 AM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the "combination oily to oily" version of this moisturizer.

Where to start? This product is a serious waste of money for people who have oily skin, in my opinion. Although Clinique indicates this moisturizer is for oily skin, this is just awful for that type of skin. This product had great reviews online and I honestly love Clinique, but I've never been more disappointed. I can't use it in the morning or I'll spend the whole day looking like I've just got out of a sauna. I can use it at night before going to sleep because I'm not going anywhere, but I will need to clean my face very well when I wake up for sure. However, I came to realize (even at night) it's not good for my skin as it helps creating more oil over time.

Another bad thing about it is its price. We all know Clinique is not exactly a cheap brand, but if the products are worth it, I don't mind the high price all that much. Not the case of this product: it is not worth the price.

The packaging is ok. It's a simple jar and easy to use. Nothing special.

As to those who have mature and extremely dry skin, I would maybe recommend you try a sample. I tried this moisturizer on my mom's skin and we both thought the result was good (not the best though). Her skin looked fresh and shiny (in a good way, not in that "sauna" way). However, we used other products before that (all by Clinique) such as a liquid facial soap (daily routine), a scrub (this should be done from one to three times a week, depending on your skin) and a toner (daily routine). Just using a moisturizer without a clean face won't do any good.

Overall, I don't like this product, I won't be buying it again and I don't recommend it (specially if you have oily skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by aegilops

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

YES! I have finally won my battle to find an spf moisturiser for my combination/oily skin. Based upon the decent reviews on MA I got this moisturiser 6 weeks ago.

***The good***
Hydrating, non-oily, leaves no film, doesn't smell, glides easily on the face, basically it more than delivers what it claims perfectly!

***The not so good***
The price!

I would buy this product again in a heartbeat despite it's price tag because I have finally found the one! This definitely is a keeper. Bear in mind that you will only be using one product to do both jobs so I guess that eases the pain of the high price.

One last thing, please don't let the jar packaging put you off. Dipping fingers in a jar should not be a problem because if you are into skin care then you should be aware of how hygienic you need to be before taking care of your skin! You should never start your skin care routine with dirty hands. As far as the jar itself and exposure to air I am sure a massive specialist company like Clinique have done exhaustive tests with regards to product freshness. Please don't buy into what the so called 'Beauty Cops' keep telling you in order to plug their own products. This high spf moisturiser is definitely a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by gatocarrapato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a ice cream. I like to use it. But after 3 days I got some skin problems (red, itchi). After a week, some skin on my face starts to fall down.
Isn't the first cream that this happens, but I wasn't expecting it from Clinique!!! Speacially because I got a long very well with others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this product in the "very dry to dry" formula, which might explain some of my negative reaction to it. The two biggest problems I have with this product are as follows: it feels really greasy on my skin and doesn't absorb well and I don't like dipping my fingers into product. I'd much rather this came in a squeeze or pump bottle.

That said, I love that it has a decent SPF and might work better in the winter when my skin is more dry. I also kind of like the smell, unlike other reviewers. It's definitely a synthetic-type smell, although I don't find it obnoxious (and I'm pretty sensitive to smells)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

This is a decent moisturizer, it feels light and doesn't make me oily. The downside is that the SPF won't last in this container, BUT you will get the icky SPF smell all the way through. I don't like the scent at all, it smells like generic body sunscreen. Anyway, I do like it as a moisturizer, but I don't like the fact that it says you're getting sun protection when you're not.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Rushanara

So i have the most sensitive skin on the planet...I bought this a month ago as i was desperately seeking SPF protection and a good moisturizer i could wear under my foundation (or one that would repair my skin). This isn't moisturizing enough for me, yes it sinks in to the skin fast however it doesn't do much for dryness. If you have dry skin i would avoid this.

I also had a reaction around my most sensitive area (near my eyes) after being in the sun and then falling asleep with this on, I will be giving this back tomorrow and hopefully will get a refund. I was lucky to buy the smaller size which was a limited edition.

I am still on the search for a great SPF hydrating moisturizer...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I gave to this moisturizer so many chances to prove that it worths its 50euros! Light hydration, a silky-soft matte finish, sun protection! But i really can't see the results of this moisturizer because i can't understand its role! Well, i think that environmental stress is not something that a moisturizer can give a solution! Sorry Clinique, not this time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

THE best moisturiser for my skin! And I've used A LOT of them!

I use the comb-oily formulation as it's oil free, so make sure you get skin typed before you purchase. It goes on like a dream, quickly absorbs and smells amazing. Clinique is 100% fragrance free so sometimes you just smell the ingredients as they as, but since they use the finest quality of those ingredients it's never bad just sometimes blah. Superdefense however is lovely :)

This is for anyone who wants a good moisturiser plus a high SPF. It is packed full on antioxidants and I've noticed a huge improvement than when I was just using my DDMG by Clinique. I use 3-step religiously, and anti blemish ones when I have breakout. Adding this and my Clinique serum has improved my skin texture and its glowing and tighter :)