October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Natural Sea Kelp Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hubby for this for me to try. I really love the way this shampoo lathers. I also like the way it smells and how it makes my hair feel. I think this will become a staple in my shower. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the first natural/sls free shampoo I've tried..and I must say I'm impressed. I don't feel the need to try others out to compare, because I really like the results.

Now my hair is quite straight and thick but fine - I don't particularly need a 'smoothing' or defrizzing shampoo, but I liked the idea of sea kelp extract, so I chose this one anyway. It smells nothing like I expected - like coconut - a very sweet and tropical scent, but really gorgeous and I love how it smells.

I expected a creamy consistency - I was wrong again on this point - it's a clear gel which makes it quite clarifying but not stripping. It leaves my hair in really nice condition - silky and smooth, but very clean and shiny too.

The packaging is a bit bulky-looking, but it's inoffensive and dispenses product easily. There's not much to either like or dislike about it.

The only downside really is that I think it is expensive for a shampoo - I paid £6 for 473ml. It's not extortionate by any means, but more than I would usually pay as a student. But only the flip side I know I'm not putting harmful chemicals on my head, and it makes my hair really nice, so for now I'll continue to purchase. I can kind of justify it because I have made an ultra-cheap homemade hair conditioner so it balances out!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by meganhowdy

this is my favorite smoothing/hydrating shampoo ever! I'm a hairstylist and I've used A LOT OF PRODUCTS. I love the smell, I love how soft it makes my hair and it never makes my hair feel weighed down. finally, it's natural! no sls, parabens or any of that junk. you can't go wrong.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kristinrochelle

This did not seem to clean my hair well. It looked really dull, staticky, and flat by the end of the day, even with the use of conditioner. However the smell is amazing, I'm really disappointed that it smells so good, but doesn't work well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by funkyfresh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-Cleaned my hair
-No SLS/Mostly organic
-Lathered well

CONS:
-Smells like OLD LADIES BLECH
-The bottle was kind of a pain to open (I got the one in the new bottle, not the old one)
-Left my hair on the frizzier side/wasn't moisturizing enough
-A little pricey IMO

BOTTOM LINE:
This was an OK shampoo. I don't know if it was the conditioner I was using with it at the time, but my hair is really dry and thick, and I need more moisturizing products. I prefer opaque shampoos, because they're usually creamy and moisturizing. This was clear. It was also pretty expensive. It was like $10. Okay, ten bucks isn't THAT bad, but I didn't really like this shampoo enough to… well… buy it. I don't think I'd buy this again, but we'll have to see. I want to try Down Under Naturals shampoo next. It smells AMMAAZING, is organic and SLS free, doesn't test on animals, is opaque (just the way I like it) and is really cheap! I'll tell you guys if I like this Down Under Naturals shampoo works for me. Adios!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was gifted to me, so being the frugalista I am, I used it. The things I like about it: sulfate free, cruelty free, leaves my hair without frizz and smooth and it didn't dry my hair out like some other SH do. The things I didn't like about it: it felt like it left a layer of coating on my scalp and my hair felt heavier than normal and not as light. I don't like this layer/coating effect so I won't be rebuying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

My hair is: Dry, naturally wavy, frizzy, lots of breakage and thin.

I want my hair to be: Moisturized, less frizzy, smooth, soft so hair like hair commercial worthy.

Why did I get this shampoo: Its natural, cruelty free and its targeted towards dry hair.

Did this work?: When I first used this, I noticed my hair wasn't so frizzy and looked pretty good. Then it turned against me. My hair would become so dry after using it. I find it odd how since this is suppose to be a moisturizing shampoo, it has a clear liquid and not a creamy liquid. You want a creamy shampoo if you have dry hair not a clear shampoo, clear will dry out your hair if your hair is dry.

Pros:
Cruelty free
Natural ingredients
Cones are at the bottom of the ingredient list
Sulfate free

Cons:
Bottle ain't so pretty
Dries out hair
Even though its sulfate free, it still dries out my hair

Where to buy:
I got this at S&H health foods in Ontario, Canada
Try looking at natural food stores to find this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by menoo

Most natural shampoos I've tried have dried my hair out (I have naturally wavy colour-treated hair), but this one was great. Although it's meant as a moisturizing shampoo, I'm actually using it a couple times per week as a 'clarifying' shampoo (my normal shampoo is Nexxus therappe) because I find it cleans all the styling gunk out without stripping your hair too much, whereas my normal shampoo is just super-moisturizing. I wish it lathered more, but I think the stuff that makes it super-bubbly are those yucky sulfates that we're trying to avoid here, so we need to suck it up, ladies!

I'd buy this stuff again. Good price for natural shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

after really trying to like this, i find it's too drying for my thick hair

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jellykelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff, and I always come back to it. I have very thick wavy hair, and it's very nourishing. One shampoo does the trick for me -- doing the extra lather unless my hair is super greasy makes it too fluffy. The shampoo itself is a little thick and that can be surprising at first, but it will get your hair clean and keep it soft!