August 22, 2014 | 1983 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Hand & Feet Honey Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff!! I have very dry hands, and I use this when they are in some need of SOS. I usually use the body shop almond butter, but when my skin gets really dry and start to peel, I use this instead. I love how subtle yet yummy it smells. ~_~ a major plus point is how easily it is absorbed! But I really hate the packaging - it's inconvenient and not user friendly, though it is aesthetically pleasing. I scoop up a little and put it inside a small container to carry around. Plus this is pretty expensive... But I will buy it again cause the pros outweighs the cons :) wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an all-star product. I use a tiny amount for my body when my skin is very dry and in distress. Apply a small amount, wash off in the morning, and my dry skin is cured. I follow up with a heavy body butter and only use this once a week. It is very pricey but definitely a power house product. The only problem is the packaging, which features a metal snap to seal the container. It's very difficult to open or close without hurting yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by euristocrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to buy a new foot cream as, even though I already have TBS' Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue, I can't abide the smell! I bought this on TBS' website with 40% off - always check their website before buying in store because there are always special offers on there. I never pay full price for any of their products.

That aside, I've been using this cream for a couple of weeks now and I will definitely be repurchasing when it runs out. Although I bought this for my feet, it works really well on the hands too. It has a lot of nourishing ingredients; glycerin, lanolin, shea butter, beeswax and honey, which work really well to leave hands and feet super soft. Best of all, it sinks into the skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue and I really love the subtle honey scent. It feels luxurious to use. I was concerned that because this cream is a butter, it would be very heavy and sit on the skin but that is not the case at all. Overall this is a great multipurpose product, which saves having to have a separate hand and foot cream. This has made my once beloved Almond Hand & Nail Cream redundant.

I don't mind the glass tub packaging as I think it looks attractive. However, it isn't very travel friendly. With regards to the packaging, I know that many people on MUA dislike tubs and are in favour of tubes but, they are not as hygienic as many people think. I worked for a cosmetics manufacturer and tubs (depending on the ingredients and preservatives used) were often chosen in favour tubes as they cause air to be pumped back into the product, which can create a breeding ground for bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by binkari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The jar on this obnoxious, but the product inside is awesome. It's rich and moisturizing, soaks in quickly, and doesn't smother your feet. Normally, a lot of heavier creams cause the soles of my feet and the palms of my hand to sweat even while resting, but not this! This stuff smells mainly of honey-- a tad cloying, but since I usually only use it on my feet, it's no big deal.

My main gripe with this product is the jar. The metal snap around it isn't difficult to open by any means, but it does take some careful maneuvering to avoid getting slapped on the finger by the clasp. You also have to be careful that the rubber lining matches up with the lip of the jar, otherwise it'll a) not close properly or b) leave a gap and cause the product to dry out. I imagine TBS keeps this design mainly because it looks really cool and organic, but like someone said earlier: a screw-top would have gotten the job done just fine, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Cosmoholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I`ve been using this for years, bought it again and again and again... Somehow I switched to other brands but nothing moisturizes my very dry hands as good as this one. It didn`t do much for my feet though, they basically need more exfoliation.
I highly recommend this as a nighttime-cream, for dry hands also during the day (although it needs some extra-seconds to soak in compared to other handcreams).
The packaging can be annoying, but this will never keep me from buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jau84

Price - this goes on sale occasionally, and that is the best time to stock up. QUALITY is worth it. I'd rather buy one expensive thing that works 100% of the way than five that are less expensive that only work 75% of the time.

Packaging - I always move a little bit to a small container and work from that. It keeps the rest sanitary, and allows me to overcome the issues others have with the lid. That makes it so that I can carry it in my bag or even pocket, so it is always there when I need it.

Overall - this is amazing. It smells kind of like the beach, and heals my skin when my cuticles are tearing and bleeding. A tiny bit goes a long way, and if you put it on your hands and wait a minute, it will sink in wonderfully.

When my hands are bad and I am getting papercuts, I first go to BBW's look ma new hands. I have this for when bbw's doesn't work. This is by far my favorite intensive cream.

My mother's heals crack and bleed, and I have her using the body butters. When she still needs more, she uses this.

Quality over quantity is my philosophy, and this is pure quality.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this hand/ foot cream.....i have one on my nightstand, one in my bathroom sink, one in my kitchen sink, one in the living room, one in my workplace......one in my purse! In short I can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 6:12:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this butter.

I love all the products in the Africa Spa range but the scents of the scrubs and washes wear off after a while so I wanted something that would linger a bit longer.

I only use this on my hands and feet before going to bed and always wake up with lovely soft skin. In the English winter I usually suffer from cracked and bleeding hands but not this year after using this in the evenings or on particualrly cold days. You don't even need 'moisture gloves' or anything since it soaks straight in.

The packaging is a little bit fiddly so you have to be careful, especially while your hands are slippery but it does keep the product fresh which is good since a little really does go a long way. I'm on the same jar I bought in January and its only gone down an inch.

I will definitely buy another if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturiser!! I bought a pair of moisturiser socks/gloves and have experimented with quite a few different moistuirsers, and this is the best so far! It's rich and creamy, and in the mornings my hands feel soo soft. The only problem I have with it is the price, $30 for 125ml...it's good, but not good enough to warrant that price tag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 5:51:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I bought this for dry skin on the feet and I love it. It's so good I'm going to try it on the hands as well. It's a great consistency, not greasy but sinks in well and really moisturises. It contains shea and cocoa butter which add richness. Nice smell, not overpowering.
My only complaint about this is the packaging. It's in a jar but with a pointless metal opening contraption the top, which is quite tricky to do. A screw top would be so much better.
The Body Shop seem to change the name of this product from time to time, although it seems to be essentially the same thing. The one I have is called "Spa Wisdom Africa Spa hand and foot butter" . Why do they do that?? The one I have doesn't mention honey at all and I can't detect any.