July 24, 2014 | 2124 users online

Crème - Signature Club A - "8 Butters Creamery Makeup & Blend-in Concealer" (from jet-tech kit)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SydneyXoXO1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its an ok concealer packaging is good easy to use small compact actual concealer easy to blend good coverage i also have the anchorwoan blue undereye conclealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in kit with meltdown, blush, lip and eye pencil, eye crayon, 4 color concealer and powder. This does cover well if I use a color concealer also. I have very dark sun spots and this does cover but not perfectly. I use a make up brush to put it on which I think makes it blend well. I wish it came alittle darker. It also isn't exactly a matte finish like my Make Up Forever HD powder/fondation does but its not shiny either. This compact is huge though!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by guatemama07

This looked great on TV... it was a "kit" with a bunch of stuff. I liked the idea of the different concealer tones. But when I put on the 8 Butters makeup, it gave me that orange "make-uppy" look. Yuck. It also had a heavier feel than I like, kind of cakey and greasy. I am going back to Pur Minerals.

I did like the eyeshadow in the kit, but the blush was nothing special, and neither was the lipstick. I am returning this to HSN.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by capopola

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It works very well on my 50ish skin and if you use a primer, it does hide small winkles and imperfections. I wouldn't use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by mmtt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I admit I am impressed with some of the items from this company. In the past I've used department store brands like Estee Lauder, smashbox, and Shiseido, and drugstore lines like L'Oreal and Neutrogena. I never ended up using them for more than several weeks (except for the L'Oreal pressed powder which I've been using for the last 5 yrs or so. Anyways, glad I kept an open mind and tried this makeup b/c it's great!!!

This comes in two shades, fair and medium. They used to have other shades as well but I think this is all that is manufactured now. I am asian with light to medium coloring and the medium works for me. There are two shades with most of the (huge) compact consisting of the darker shade.

I moisturize well prior to application. I use my fingers to apply. I actually just dot over any area that needs evening out like blemishes or marks and then lightly tap it out. Using a sponge has resulted in too heavy an application for me. Very little goes a long way and gives an exceptionally natural look. It does last all day, and does not change color. And it even looks natural in the sunlight! I can't believe I love it so much b/c I was expecting junk TV makeup, b/c that's what tends to be hawked on TV.

My skin has actually been less broken-out since using this. While it may sound greasy, it is not at all greasy looking or greasy feeling. This has been the only makeup I've tried that does not make me feel like I'm wearing makeup from the time applied 'til the end of the day. I'm amazed.

It has an SPF of 25 via titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and octinoxate. That last is a chemical sunscreen and has caused me to blister in the past (ironically when the area that has the sunscreen is exposed to the sun). Not fun. My experiences has swayed me to be very very wary of chemical sunsceens. I was ready to return this at the first signs of the blisters, but so far so good. I am taking this on vacation next month (hopefully it will be very sunny) and will update if this causes problems.

So in summary, this has been a nice surpise. Great natural coverage, long lasting, not greasy. Apply sparingly. Good value. Very glad I bought it. If it passes the final test of the no-reaction with direct sun exposure, then I will definitely buy again. This was about $23.50 plus s&h, not exactly cheap to sample (I bought this as a single item b/c I wasn't sure about the SCA makeup quality) but so far the BEST makeup I have ever tried.

3/28/11 - no problems with sun exposure. just two complaints - wish they had more color options (I have to blend the two colors in the compact myself) and wish there was a smaller size available. For travel I transfer some into a smaller container.

In summary, great makeup, color can be limited, excellent value. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little worried about trying this because of the less than stellar reviews. I have applied it with the concealers rubbed in and I have applied the concealers and foundation and then brushed it altogether with a foundation brush and found that works best. I do not like using a sponge like is done on the HSN. The trick to this is to just blend and to use a primer beforehand. Right now I have been using Victoria's Secret Airbrush primer beforehand and it has made such a difference in the lasting power of this. I have been impressed with how smooth it leaves my skin if I just blend well. I have not noticed any white bumps or anything. I love that I need such a little amount. The only downside is that the fair is a little dark so I find I have to mix the lighter color in. Great product and I will keep reordering it. Such a great product to cover acne.

Update: Almost 2 years after ordering this and I have not reordered. I found this not to be as amazing as I thought it was. My biggest problems with this is it being labeled fair is not really true. I still have trouble with getting this to match my skin tone. The other problem is this is very thick and hard to wear in the warmer months which down here in the South is often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:31:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite the mixed reviews about this product, I had to try it for myself and see. I have highly sensitive, combination, blemish prone skin and was concerned about how greasy this might look as applying with a sponge produced a cakey finish. Although Adrienne applies this foundation on TV with a sponge, you have to remember that her application technique is most likely preferable for TV where makeup needs to be exaggerated in order for skin to hold up under bright lights. Everyday application needs to be much lighter and can be with this foundation when applied properly.

As another reviewer noted, a little goes a very long with this cream foundation and the compact lasts a very long time. So, it's a good value for the money. You can achieve as much coverage as you want with this foundation but the trick is the application method. The best application method that I have tried is applying it with a stipple brush. I used a Lancome No. 3 stipple brush and and swirled it lightly over the foundation and then swirled it onto my skin doing portions of my face at a time to blend the foundation into my skin. I got a smooth, flawless look with only a minimal amount of foundation on my skin, my pores were practically invisible and any redness was successfully camouflaged. I lightly dusted some of the Jet Tech powder on with my Smashbox dome powder brush and I was done. Lasted all day with minimal touchups and didn't look greasy at all. I got a polished, professional look with minimal effort and no allergic reactions whatsoever.

Now, I made sure that my skin was adequately moisturized and smooth first before applying this foundation. Otherwise, like any other foundation, it would be difficult to apply evenly. I used Signature Club A 5 Essentials Creme +1 For Face And Eyes With Quosomes and a makeup primer: either Ready to Wear Underwear Makeup base or YBF Cosmetics primer. The primer makes all the difference because it literally hides your pores and prepares your skin's surface for foundation to adhere properly. It made a huge difference in the appearance of this foundation, too. I allowed both the Creme and the primer to sink into my skin for a couple of minutes before application of foundation.

With this application method, I highly recommend this foundation.

To remove this foundation, I used a Signature Club A makeup meltdown creme for face and eyes and spread a little all over my face and removed the makeup with a wet lukewarm washcloth. No allergic reactions from the makeup meltdown cleansing creme either.

EDIT (11/12/11): I have found an even better way to apply this foundation: with the BeautyBlender sponge. (www.beautyblender.net) This little gem, while expensive for a sponge, allows for a polished, airbrushed finish and you use little product to achieve this effect. (Not that you need to worry as SCA compacts are oversized and the product can last easily a year or more). It is used by stippling the damp sponge all over your face and you can even apply all of the SCA concealers very effectively. I was even able to stipple on the SCA Jet Tech pressed powder (Jet Tech Aloe Puffed Powder) to set everything with this very same sponge and the results were stunning. I like this method even more than the Stipple Brush that I mentioned above - it's quicker and even more fool-proof. I've thrown out all of my triangle shaped sponges and now use this one. Give the BeautyBlender a try if you haven't been able to get this foundation (or any other foundation, for that matter) to work for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Pirategal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is for someone with younger skin who needs very heavy coverage. I've tried this makeup several times. It simply doesn't work on my dry skin. It's too greasy and heavy and usually has to be applied with a wet sponge. It pulls on my face and makes me look older. I can actually feel the makeup on my face throughout the day and that can't be good. For most people, I think this heavy makeup is so yesterday.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by candronwankel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm 60 and have very dry skin. This is the perfect makeup for me. I always moisturize first with the 5 essentials cream which on me is not greasy. Then I apply makeup with a sponge and work in very small areas...a little goes a long way...don't use alot. I love to see it cover my pores and redness and it does not look dry when applied. I then lightly dust with the Jet Tech Aloe powder...I think I look alot younger with this makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bbbrooke

I received this as part of a larger Colloidal Gold kit... the first time I tried it I scared the crap out of myself! I used way, way too much!

Although Adrienne slabs it on her models, I have found that a small amount goes a very long way. For the amount I use I can see this kit lasting well beyond the year she claims (part of her pitch is that it is a years' worth of makeup).

I am fair and dealing with post menopausal skin... this really seems to work nicely on my skin. I am using the fair and the color works well on me and I do like the way it seems to feel on my skin.