September 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Gels/Soaps - Pre de Provence - Brazil Nut Pure Vegetable Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like how this soap lathers and the smell is divine. it's got a chocolatey, nutty scent that isn't overwhelmingly sweet. leaves my skin soft and doesn't dry me out. i've enjoyed this soap in my shower a couple weeks now but i've found that the scent isn't as powerful as it was when i first started using it. bummer but will definitely finish it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by 1annasroundhere

This soap has an amazing fragrance, lathers well, moisturizes nicely, but the bar is a bit too big. This I could overlook if the soap didn't bleed and stain my shower. The dark color matches my towels, which is why I got it, but the color bleeds into the shower and I have yet (two months later!) to find something strong enough to scrub it out. Might be nice in the smaller sizes as a guest soap with like-colored dish, but NOT WORTH IT IF YOU HAVE A LIGHT-COLORED SHOWER!!! Still smells great... wish it was a lighter color :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have purchased many, many of these over the last few years, The soap is non-drying. The lather texture is downright divine- like silk or cream. This is also the very best smelling soap ever. It is sweet and nutty but not flowery or food-y. My husband and I both use it. Well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MedicJen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells divine. One bar lasts forever. A little more fussy than using a bottle of shower gel, but a little more luxurious. I'm on my third bar, and I'll probably buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaLake

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! $6 for a big, gorgeous bar of luxury! I can't use soap everywhere because it's generally so drying, but this soap is the fattiest, creamiest bar I've ever used. The fragrance is very dark and sweet - brazil nuts and benzoin with the faint tallowy smell of soap itself underneath. The delicious warm smell really lasts on the skin, too. This bar is just exquisite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2006 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the soap, but took off a lippie because it stains other soaps brown. I love the scent it's warm and nutty, not quite like chocolate, but more like rich nuts. It leaves my skin super super soft, I love to use it before bed, as a night-time scent. I think this soap is better than L'Occitane, which I used to love until I discovered this line is better for a lot less. I got it for a mere $3.99 a decent sized bar (not the biggest). Lasts quite some time too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Chandler5

5.00 @ Merz Apothecary. Oh, and what a great soap this is! Forget L'Occitane and its expensive price points, just revel in the glory of choice that is Pre de Provence. At Merz, they had 15+ different soap fragrances, and this dark chocolate-colored and appearing bar caught my attention. I was hoping it was a chocolate scent, but it turned out to be Brazil Nut. Hmmm. A sniff revealed a rich, dark and creamy vanilla/caramell-y scent. Upon taking it home and using it, the fragrance was more a true tropical nut fragrance. It's like lathering up with a big mess o' brazil nuts! The scent is unique, truly nutty, and lingers on the skin for a good time afterwards. Only critique is that this darkly pigmented bar does produce froth and drips that are brown in color!