April 18, 2014 | 1837 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Karma Kream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a highly scented cream that feels great on the skin, but I wouldn't wear it to work or anything. In fact, right now, I pretty much only wear it before bed. I do love the smell, but I understand not everyone does. My recommendation is to try it before you buy it. LUSH will make you a sample. Other than that, it's very moisturizing without feeling heavy or greasy. This is a repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by jlushh

I have rebought this moisturiser 3 times, I love it. I am totally addicted to the karma scent and own EVERYTHING karma.

It's not a heavy moisturiser, which I like because it doesn't leave me feeling sticky all day. The scent clings well. It just smells like head shops/hippy shops and I adore that.

It's kind of expensive (12 I think for the largest pot), but seems to last me a while if I use it sparingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by valerieetc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got this last fall and I just can't finish the pot! I've already made a habit of putting body lotion on every evening, and it is still there. And I am NOT thrilled about it.
It is an OK lotion in terms of greasiness or more specifically, the lack of. It leaves no oily film, which often disgusts me in hand creams and Body Shop body butters, but ironically it feels too light. This is actually a bad case of "a little goes a long way" - who would have guessed those existed! I try and try to apply a more generous quantity of this lotion just to finish it off, but then my skin feels almost wet, and I am forced to stop :)))
The smell was nice at first, but then I discovered that in the evening, as I went to sleep, it got almost unbearably sweet - it's like you're covered in cotton candy or some synthetic sweets. Good to smell inside the pot, but not very wearable, especially as I like to smell real perfume on my skin.
Am really hoping to use this up in a week's time. Will be getting something fragrance-free next :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this. I honestly cannot comment on the smell because I am a huge fan of Karma scent. It's a really subjective thing, so obviously if you don't care for the smell of the Karma line, I would never recommend this to you.

I think it moisturizes my body skin very well, and I haven't noticed any "stickiness" effect that was mentioned by many previous reviewers. On my body, it sinks in well, smells divine, and feels gorgeous. Both the smell and the softness of my body skin last and last.

Sadly there are two kinds of parabens in this thing, and the price, well, I wouldn't call it expensive, but it's not exactly cheap either. I can see myself buying this again when I am done with my tube, or maybe try out other body lotions from Lush. The person who gets closest to my body loves this on me as well, so, another bonus.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by AlexisCarlin

This is one of my most favourite scents! it is so unique it is Patchuli, Lemon grass with Orange and pine which mixes together to create a really herbal earthy fragrance which i love! i have the lotion, shampoo, and the soap and love each and everyone of it i layer them and use them together smells very unique which i like because it is differen't! this is like a regular lotion sinks in pretty fast leaves my skin feeling soft it's nice the lotion is also kind of on the strong side i don't mind though because the smell is nice GO KARMA!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried (and smelled) this body lotion, I was convinced that this would become an all-time favorite. And for the first half hour I really liked it. The lotion smelled very fresh and sweet, like oranges. It was a strong scent, but so delicious that I didn't mind. After a while, though, it started smelling soapy. Not very pleasant. It even started to annoy me a bit...

I also noticed that the lotion didn't get absorbed easily, and that it left my skin feeling quite sticky. It didn't bother me tht much, but I've never had that with other Lush body lotions.

I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by blushed2003pics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One rating off for the stickiness.
However it leaves my skin gleaming. Then again it's a bit heavy for summer when it's the only time my legs are bare.
It hydrates very well and leaves my skin soft and .. sticky.
I will buy again because I like the scent of the lotion and the perfume itself but only for autumn/winter. It really is too heavy for hot and humid summers.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the scent of this product--I'm a fan of the Karma fragrance, but the perfume is a little overpowering (at least for work), and for whatever reason the lotion comes across as a little more subtle. However, I do wish this were a heavier and more moisturizing lotion. I like a fairly rich body cream and this doesn't quite do it. It's great if you live somewhere warm/in the summer, but it's proving to be not enough for my skin as the weather cools off. I'd definitely repurchase if I were looking for a light body moisturizer however.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So you love Lush's Karma, but everyone around you hates it, and you don't plan on forsaking society and living as a nomad so as not to offend such sensitive souls. What to do? Enter Karma Kream, a body lotion that forfeits the nostril-searing medicinal punch of the perfume but retains the overall character. For those unfamiliar, Karma is essentially sweet orange jazzed up by patchouli, lavender, pine, and lemongrass. The lavender and pine lend a soapy, outdoorsy freshness to the sweet/earthy interplay of the patchouli and orange. The contrast between the orange-creamsicle top and the forest-floor base gives Karma a compelling yin/yang quality, similar to the patchouli and cotton candy tug-of-war in Thierry Mugler's Angel.

There are subtle but barely perceptible variations in the scent between all of Karma's forms - liquid perfume, solid perfume, cream, soap, shampoo, etc. Karma Kream strikes me as a hair sweeter and more vanillic than the liquid, with slightly more perceptible lavender, but I'm splitting hairs. The lotion is strongly scented, as it should be, but not obnoxiously so, and in fact is probably the most approachable form of Karma for those wary of its love-it-or-hate-it reputation. And fans of the perfume will have an obvious use for the Kream - it offers all the sprightly, quirky character of the liquid while keeping the sillage low and the more strident notes in check. And, hey, it moisturizes well, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nicedreams000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first lotion I've tried from LUSH and I was skeptical because of the price, but my oh my how I love the scent! It's unlike any other perfume or lotion I've tried. To me, it smells like a combination of citrus and incense (read other reviews for a better description!). Initially, I probably wouldn't have thought of repurchasing due to the price and since I prefer a lotion that moisturizes better, but I am seriously addicted to the scent. I no longer use it on my body since like I said, it's not very moisturizing on me, so instead I keep it at my desk as hand creme.