October 30, 2014 | 1449 users online

Fragrances - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Black Cat

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Eh. Victorian rose. I got a suggestion of cool, which is the mint, but mostly what it smells like on me is old fashioned, slightly rotten rose water. Not bad, but very very vintage and mostly just rose. It's not complex or very interesting, but as a plain, vintage rose, it will appeal to those who like that sort of thing. To me, it is too 'off' a rose to appreciate and there isn't anything else of note to recommend it to me. I also have no idea at all how this represents Black Cat. I suppose the voodoo aspects are more important here than the name? Because it's roses.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by haloinrverse

bewitching brews - the conjure bag

notes: none given

in the vial: rose, powder, and carnation, in that order. the rose is a dusty tea rose.

wet on skin: rose with a bit of lemon... and dust. i wish that the peppery carnation note that i sniffed in the vial had stuck around.

dry down: this smells like an old fashioned rose-scented lipstick. pretty, but not
interesting.

verdict: im interested in the things that the reviewers on thew BPAL forum smelled: coconut, mint, vanilla, chocolate, licorice, etc. that all sounds more interesting than what im getting from it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by LaoTzu04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My best friend ordered me an imp of the Black Cat as she thought the description fitting of something I'd enjoy having around and in great need of.

I couldn't be happier with this scent. To my nose Black Cat is a blend of fresh mint and a creamy rose. The mint mellows quite a bit after the initial awakening blast, that is rather joyous indeed, and the scent becomes very round and creamy on me. I recall something from my childhood, like a cold cream or lotion my grandmother once wore. (yes, evoking the childhood memories) It's feminine, clean, and soft yet there is a slight mysterious edge there which makes the name suitable yet deceptive at the same time.

This scent is both camling and invigorating. I'm drawn to it's strange marriage of two contrasting vibes...

Can't wait to explore it further.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2006 1:04:00 PM More reviews by edenssixthday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A very tricky kitty, indeed. Used most often as a key to bringing back the joy one needs to have in life in order for living to feel worthwhile. Brings back a sense of delight in simple pleasures, and creates a surge of childlike curiosity and a youthful sense of fun. This blend can also be used to reverse troublesome lesser crossings, create a playful air of catlike sexuality, and, because cats will be cats, it can also be used to throw minor, irritating or bothersome hexes, causing small amounts of chaos and disruption to your foes. (Gender neutral)

Black Cat is a Voodoo blend, which means it was created using an old and authentic voodoo recipe for the purpose of wearing it for intent and not as perfume. However, I don't believe in that malarckey, so I review Voodoo blends based on their fragrance. Black Cat smells awful in the vial, and wet on my skin, it's acrid as all get-out. I thought I was going to have to wash it off, but I waited a few minutes, and the ickiness faded away leaving behind a soft, subtle musk mixed with crushed herbals and rose. It's incredibly subtle and stays close to the skin. Despite the initial unpleasantness of the scent, it turns into something nice. Not great. Just nice. I don't think I'll purchase it again, but I'll use up this imp and on the off-chance I ever get it as a frimp with a lab order, I'll probably use that one up, too. No need to swap, but no need to repurchase. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2005 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Anbreen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I need a 10 ml bottle of THIS! Starts out very freshly and greenly herbal, with a breath of mint. then, starts to dry down to a clean, mildly floral scent-- like expensive scented soap. Finally, a clean, white-musky base note surfaces. Maybe a drop of civet? This one is a keeper! The word is "intriguing!"

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2004 2:21:00 AM More reviews by HarlequinPixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the vial: mostly herbal with a bit of mint sneaking in.

Just after applying the mint goes away and it's mostly an herbal green smelling scent. It's not quite like anything I've tried yet, and I quite like it.

After a few minutes, the mint creeps back in a little bit. It's rather faint, but I can smell it again a little for a few minutes. There is something floral coming out, and from the other reviews I assume that it's rose. This is the first scent that I've tried with rose in it, and it gives me hope for some of the others (Rose Red, be good to me, baby!)

So far, it hasn't given me a headache, which a lot of florals tend to do, so things are looking good! Of the roughly 20 scents I've tried, this is probably the closest to smelling like a commercial perfume, but it's so much more lovely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2004 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

From Voodoo Blends: A very tricky kitty, indeed. Used most often as a key to bringing back the joy one needs to have in life in order for living to feel worthwhile. Brings back a sense of delight in simple pleasures, and creates a surge of childlike curiosity and a youthful sense of fun. This blend can also be used to reverse troublesome lesser crossings, create a playful air of catlike sexuality, and, because cats will be cats, it can also be used to throw minor, irritating or bothersome hexes, causing small amounts of chaos and disruption to your foes.

**********************************

This is a nice minty-floral scent with a soft herbal note. It smells a little more flowery in the bottle and dries down to a greener, sharper smell.