Cle de Peau Cream Foundation

3.9

Ingredients: water, cyclomethicone, talc, butylene glycol, dimethicone, glycerin, dimethicone copolyol, sodium glutamate, dextrin palmitate, nylon-12, boron nitride, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl dipalmitate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, glycine soja, palmitic acid, mica, quaternium-18, isopropyl alcohol, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum distearate, hexyl cinnamal, alpha-isomethyl ionone, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, polysilicone-5, methicone, linalool, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, benzyl benzoate, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance, CI77891, CI77492, CI77491, CI77499.

on 2/17/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Well crappity crap crap! I had been reading reviews of this pretty much everywhere and it seemed like the fountain of youth.

I had been using (predominantly) Dior Capture Totale foundation and love it, but I thought I would give the Cle De Peau a shot. I had a Drs. appt. so I put my face on with this for the first time and wasn't thrilled about it in my mirror, but it wasn't awful.

When I got to the Drs., I took a selfy to see how it looked in different lighting. (Didn't have a mirror with me) Oh. My. God. I could not have looked older if a movie special effects professional tried to age me for a movie.

It showed lines I truly didn't even know I had. My pores that haven't been awful since I'm middle-aged now, all of a sudden looked like craters on my face. I literally can't think of a positive regarding this. It's too expensive, it ages you, my skin is dry and it further dried it, all in all, awful!

on 1/28/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

When applied carefully and sparingly, this is a beautiful foundation that produces a flawless appearance! It covers "fine" lines and blurs imperfections. The B20 is a lovely match for my fair skin with slightly pink under tones. Unfortunately, I have deep forehead wrinkles and a the big "11" between my eyes and the foundation slightly settled in the lines. I also noticed it slightly emphasized a dry patch on my chin.

If you have mature skin, be sure to keep your skin moisturized and exfoliated if you choose this one. I don't recommend for very dry skin in winter. This wears well for about 5-6 hours. Because of price, I can only give this product 4 lippies. I'd recommend for those with great skin that is only slightly dry or mature with very few fine lines. As much as I like this foundation, I would not purchase as my review is based off a week's sample.

on 2/17/2014 1:38:00 AM

Pricy but well worth it!! I alternate between this foundation and Georgio Armani in the winter months when I am needing a little more coverage. Gives my skin an airbrushed look, and it goes on pretty well.

on 11/26/2013 2:05:00 PM

I've used so many high end foundations but this is my favorite by far!!! (This and Sisley's phyto liquid foundation). Both Sisley's and Cle de peau's are extremily expensive... well over $100CAD each. but they're just SOOO much better than the other brands like Guerlain, Dior, Bobbi Brown etc. The finish on both are perfect and luminous. the lasting power on both last all day. And best of all, the FEEL of both - you don't even know you're wearing foundation. you don't get that sticky feel on your face, you can literally put your hands on your face and not worry about smudging.

The difference between the two are that Sisley's is less coverage. I would recommend it to those who don't have bad skin. so the face looks more natural with your freckles showing through. Cle de peau's is much more coverage, yet not cakey at all. still looks natural, but covers freckles.

LOVE THEM BOTH.

on 4/17/2013 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This review is for the Creme Foundation in the tube with SPF 26

This foundation is truly holy grail status for me. I've been searching for a medium coverage, matte finish that stays all day but doesn't suck the moisture from my face and cause dry patches. I've tried a number of foundations from drug store brands to high end department stores brands. I get close with a good color match, but then the finish isn't quite right. Or I can find a nice finish but the color doesn't appear natural on me.

I have fair 50 something year old skin with pink undertones and the beauty specialist put me in the I01 shade. This shade is perfect for my NW15 coloring. So while that is just one piece of the puzzle so to speak, it is one of the most important in my book. The finish with this foundation is what sets it apart from the other brands. Just soft and a truly flawless finish that does last all day. I do have to powder my nose mid-day but otherwise still looks great and doesn't dry out my skin.

This foundation is very pricey but so worth it to finally be finished with the search.

Update: been using this for a couple of weeks and still loving it. The color match is the best I've ever had and the finish is like no makeup at all but just flawless skin. I do have to powder my nose a couple of times a day. It's worth it to have such a great natural finish. I've tried many matte long wearing foundations to try to get longer times between blotting. Interestingly enough, they really don't last much longer than this foundation. And the finish of those other foundations doesn't even come close to the CDP.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This has probably got to be the most expensive foundation I've ever bought...and here I thought the Sisley oil free was the most expensive already! But I will gladly buy this foundation again...I think I have finally found my HG foundations in this and MUFE Mat Velvet and Sisley oil free. The Cle de Peau is a great consistency, thick enough to cover pores, yet doesnt feel too cakey. I am an NC30 and O10 suits me well, as I tend to oxidise my foundations easily as I am very oily. I have never bought a cream foundation before as I associate those for dry skin, but nope this cream actually does not have any oily texture at all, it is quite thick and pasty when put on, but yet blends very well. I am using the tube version, have never tried the one in a small box. I think oily skins should consider this! I put Shu mousse make up base and works fine.
**Update 5/12/12 - I have just gone around running errands today in humid and hot Singapore where I live in for 2 hours and met up with a friend afterwards and she commented that my foundation looked fab and illuminating yet matte and wanted to know where I got it! I am very happy with the foundation indeed :) FYI I set it with Paul and Joe loose powder with Nars Nico as highlighter...I think the trick is not to use too much but to build it up gradually...a little goes a long way!

Loooove Cle de Peau Teint Naturel Satine / Silky Cream Foundation
I have it in 030 and 020.

It's a full coverage foundation and just a little goes a long way. Sure, it is one of the most expensive foundations, if not the priciest, out there and can only be found in super high end shops like Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys and Saks, but since you only need a tiny amount to apply, the jar can last your years! I still have mine from a few years ago :)

They change the packaging to a round tube and added SPF 18 sunscreen and I got the B30 shade. To me, they're equally excellent. Probably not the foundation you're going to use during summer (I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer for summer) but for 3 seasons, spring, fall and winter, this works well for me.

Again, just use a tiny dab and apply with foundation brush or fingers.

If u use too much, sure, the coverage wlill be way too much and it won't look natural!

on 4/4/2012 12:51:00 AM

I purchased the Clé de Peau Beauté silky cream foundation in color I10 about a year ago. When originally purchased, the foundation came in a box with a screw-off top. No where on the packaging or the box does it mention any SPF coverage.

I have now scoured the internet looking for my Silky cream foundation, but can only find a CdP foundation that now comes in a TUBE. And, this new foundation seems to include SPF 23. Did CdP change the formula of their Silky Cream Foundation?

Have they discontinued their original formula?

Please, anyone with any information...if you know the ingredient list of the new CdP Silky foundation...it would be a great help.

I do not know what I will do if my favorite foundation of all time has been discontinued.

on 3/5/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Tested this out in B30 which is the beige shade and darkest. I was debating between the B30 or O30 ( I'm nc40 - nc42 and chantecaille new stick - Wheat) but the Sa told me to go with B30. I kept asking her how about the fluid one but she told me this creme one last long and is moisturizing. I am very pleased! I wore this for two days so far and no touch up required. Usually with all foundation I have tried it would slip off my t zones when I sweat on my nose. This last all day, looks very natural and is bulletproof. I highly recommend. The reason why I gave it 4 Lippies for packing is because it should be bigger for the amount it is retailed at $120. That is a very steep price to pay for a small foundation but it was worth every penny. Only alittle amount needs to be used for coverage just a pea size because it is highly pigmented. I love this!! My Hg now because it's easy to apply, fast, natural, moisturizing, and long lasting. The second tO my HG is. Chantecaille New stick in wheat.

on 10/19/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Such a waste of money. I can't even explain what a waste of money this foundation is. It's overly heavy, looks like a mask. For this price I expect a top product, and this just does not deliver.

Popular Crème Foundations