April 21, 2014 | 1220 users online

Masks - Freeman - Totally Juicy Grapefruit Peel-Off Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by mab6954

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great multipurpose masque however not reccomended for those with sensetive skin. This masque has many uses but none greater than to boost product absorbtion.

Once a week before bed time i'll mix a pea size ammount of my exfoliant (Avon Clinical) into my cream cleanser (Avon Reversalist) and massage over my face for about two minutes. Then after washing it off, ill apply this peel-off masque. After all the dead skin cells are gone, my face is ready for maximum product absorbtion. Occasionally i'll whip out my derma-roller (0.5mm)... I am a very DIY beauty junky.

If you want a lighter spa-like experience from this masque, I would reccomend mixing a little bit of lotion into this product before applying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I believe this product has been discontinued because I don't see it anymore along with other Freeman products. Back in HS I loved the Totally Juicy line. This particular mask was no exception. The feeling was fun, left my face smooth and glowing, and does not hurt--at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by AnnM27

OMFG!!! That's all that comes to mind. I honestly felt as if I was peeling my face off! And I have a high pain tolerance! Beware!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

Wow I use to love this stuff, wish I could find it again! Was oddly fun to peel off and help exfoliate and smooth my skin in my late teens and early 20s.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My eyes are watering just THINKING about this mask! I bought this a few years back and pull it out to use every once in a while as the memory of the pain is fading (haha...). I guess it works, as the idea of it is a good one-- in theory it will physically latch onto and pull out any gunk that is lurking in your pores. In practice, however, it latches onto anything on your face: baby hair, eyebrows, SKIN; and yanks on that, too, as you are removing it. I don't have sensitive skin, but this was just too high of an ouch-factor for marginal results.

The pain isn't too bad on cheeks and forehead, so maybe it would work best as a spot-treatment of sorts, since those are where the problem pores are usually located.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by myprettyshadesofpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't have sensitive skin, but I have to admit I teared up too when I pulled this off! I am not complaining though, because this made my face smooth and soft and in addition to clarifying my skin, it pulled alot of the fine hair on my cheeks and chin. Like another person said, I too expected it to hurt a little because that's the only way it can pull out all the debris from my pores. It all came off in just a few large sections. A small bit got in my hair and that came out with a splash of warm water. I would recommend this to anyone, it doesn't burn and you do have the option to rinse it off with warm water (although I would guess you don't get the full benefit of the peel).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Y'all are whimps! Those of you who say it's painful need to suck it up! This is not painful it is doing it's job. Pulling out/off impurities that are on the skin. I didn't even feel discomfort. In fact it felt amazing and my skin was baby soft afterwards... Refreshingly great product/great price and great results. What more do you want?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2006 4:20:00 PM More reviews by AesSedai

I don't mind lip plumpers, the burn is kind of refreshing. I don't even particularly mind getting shots, taking off bandaids or plucking eyebrow hairs.
This, on the other hand, was AWFUL!
Particularly about the cheeks, this was extremely difficult and painful to remove. I think I was actually whimpering.
Never again. Into the trash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 12:16:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can actually say, this mask was PAINFUL. Bits and peices would stick to my face and it hurt like pulling off a bandaid what I could peel off. Plus, the product leaked all over my vanity so that was what did it for me...into the trash it went.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 3:42:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not a bad product. I had been swearing by Queen Helene's Grapeseed Peel-Off mask, but now that I have tried it, I like Totally Juicy's Grapefruit mask better. It smells like slightly sweet grapefruit, and I like that. It goes on very thin, and so is easy to spread. It didn't hurt at all when I peeled it off (for the record, I think removing a pore strip stings a little, but not unbearably--this definitely wasn't as harsh as removing a pore strip), but it did take more force to peel it than most other peel-off masks I have used. I wouldn't mind it stinging a bit because really, how else is it supposed to get anything out of my pores if it doesn't latch on first? My face feels clean when I'm done, although this didn't get out blackheads for me. Since this is so thin before applying, it does have a tendency to drip out of the tube when its open. I've been storing my tube upside down just in case--if this leaked it would be an unholy mess. continued >>