October 21, 2014 | 1814 users online

Highlighters - Red Earth Cosmetics - Secret Potion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mizzroyalbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Looks like I'll be adding into the positive reviews for this but honestly it's that good.
I have this in 03 Magician and I use it almost everyday mixed with foundation. I usually just lift the cap and let the potion dripped onto my palm. No contamination there hehhe.

I've received tonnes of compliments when I wear this out. The shimmer is just right, not the garish fleck kind you can see up close. Consistency is watery, which makes its easily blend able. This gives me a glow from within, and also makes me look as if I've slept enough hours.

Sometimes I spot highlight as well, cheekbones, browbones, bridge of the nose but you need a really really tiny amount cause as I mentioned earlier the consistency is watery. I'm the kind of person that doesn't fill in my eyebrows when I'm in a rush but I will always always remember to mix this highlighter in with my foundation. That says a lot about how much I love this eh?

I'm combi-oily but this doesn't slide off much. Won't oil me up either.. My skin just looks glowy. I've had this for 3 years and I'm still halfway through. Quarter if I didn't accidentally knock some off last time. Will repurchase until they stop making it! (RE, please don't ever ever do that though lol)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by lala494

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

had this for ages in the peel. just great for highlighting eyes area and also great to mix with foundation or even bb creams just gives enough brightness without being too shiny or overly dewy looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I live by this product,, it smells amazing, the consistency is amazing.. I mix it in with my foundation and it gives my skin a glowy dewy look, I recommend this to anyone who wants a fresh face.. I love this, it lasts forever, I get a lot of product in the bottle and it really is my secret potion, I'll buy it as soon as I get through my 2nd bottle.. it just takes so long to get through it!! haha.. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who wants a matte face or wants to put it on alone.. i think it's a better mixing medium

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

I have had this highlighter for at least the past two years and still have a lot of product left. I use this sparingly to highlight points on my face like cheekbones, nose, eyes, etc. I very much dislike the packaging. It is quite a generous size bottle and the formula is quite liquid. It's a twist top with a spatula which I use to pick up some pigment and drip onto my finger to spread where I want on my face.... not very convenient or hygienic.

As for highlighting powers - it does give me a nice sheen. I have this in the pink colour. I wouldn't repurchase as I don't think it's wow and the bottle is too hard to work with day to day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 5:53:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

I bought the one in pearl and found that it gave my skin an iridescent sheen, like someone who was fit and looked after their skin well.
The pearl color meant it would make a suitable highlighter for pale cool-toned skin tones (e.g. caucasians) but on my yellow skin, it certainly appeared a tad more oily than glowy. IF applied more than an inch diameter, it will make your face look sweaty. Has to be applied in very small amounts on pin-point areas of face. I don't recommend mixing with foundation as it makes the foundation lose and thin out its coverage...only use it as an adjunct previous to having applied foundation.

Wouldn't buy again coz it can appear a little too oily and lacks that subtle luminous, opaque glow I look for in liquid highlighters. Its highlighting effect is a little more shiny, glittery & in-your-face than I would like.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by arujekhan12

this product is very good! does anyone know how i can purchase this product online anywhere? i've called many places like shoppers drug mart and other makeup stores such as sephora, MAC, etc etc... someone please help!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hm... While this highlighter is easy to apply and does give a subtle sheen that makes your skin glow, it broke me out :(

Also, girls with oily skin beware.... It makes you look like a frying pan in a few hours

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in the colour magician because i'm alittle tan. I use it on the outer C of my cheek bones and it imparts a healthy glow, i love it. But it has to be blended carefully and quickly as its quite pigmented and dries quickly otherwise you will end up with patches that'll defeat the purpose. Maybe adding it to alittle foundation will improve its blendability. I'll blend on my hand first then pick up a little, apply using tapping motions onto the outer "C" . I love to add a drop to my sunblock and this adds a sutle glow to my face. I add abit more than i would for my face, to the sunblock I would apply to my neck and chest. It looks lovely!

I would prefer if the packaging comes in the form of a squeeze tube, sort of like mac's select cover up. Its sanitary and easy to control the amount dispensed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by amyblu77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought it recently from Priceline for $15.00(AUD). I got the pearl shade which I think is a good deal considering the amount of product you get in the bottle. I used it as a highlighter on my face and it's really nice. It gave me the right "glow" i wanted.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:19:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got this product in golden shade a few years ago and half of the product was gone because i accidentally knock it over.stupid packaging. watch out if you ever consider putting it in your bag, you dont want the shimmery fluid all over your bag. hard to wash it away.
back to the product itself, i was told this should be mixed with foundation or base to used alone as a highlighter. i never use it alone on my cheek bone and t-zone as i felt it would look greasy. i sometimes use it with my base i portion of it mixed with 5 or 6 portion of foundation/base is enough is i want to use it all over my face(dry skin so dont have a problem with a little greasy) my face does not look so dull. but i found it is better when it is used when mixed with foundation than with a base. the reason is it "thins" out the foundation and makes the foundation easier to blend. but at certain area where i need some more coverage i may have to build it up a little as it really thins the foundaiton.
it does get a little bit greasy so setting powder is a must.i am asian skin NC20 so i found it a tad too golden and makes my faces look tanned..i am not sure if i like it.friends complemented my healthy glowy look when i use this. i guess it looks good on fair skin too so dont worry. but i personally enjoy fair skin dreamy look so i dont reach for it that much but when i want a awakened healthy look especially during winter i love using this.