Red Earth Cosmetics Secret Potion

4.3

on 6/8/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in the shade 'pearl'. it's a shimmery white liquid illuminator.

this mixes well with foundation for an all over glow on my nw10 face. it's pretty subtle. costs $39aud for a 30ml bottle with a pump. i prefer the bottle with the pump over the plastic squeeze tube the nars illuminators come in (they cost the same), because it's very easy to control the pump and the amount you apply. i wouldn't buy it again because it's pretty expensive and i don't use it that often, but it's a solid illuminator.

on 11/3/2013 11:25:00 AM

Looks like I'll be adding into the positive reviews for this but honestly it's that good.
I have this in 03 Magician and I use it almost everyday mixed with foundation. I usually just lift the cap and let the potion dripped onto my palm. No contamination there hehhe.

I've received tonnes of compliments when I wear this out. The shimmer is just right, not the garish fleck kind you can see up close. Consistency is watery, which makes its easily blend able. This gives me a glow from within, and also makes me look as if I've slept enough hours.

Sometimes I spot highlight as well, cheekbones, browbones, bridge of the nose but you need a really really tiny amount cause as I mentioned earlier the consistency is watery. I'm the kind of person that doesn't fill in my eyebrows when I'm in a rush but I will always always remember to mix this highlighter in with my foundation. That says a lot about how much I love this eh?

I'm combi-oily but this doesn't slide off much. Won't oil me up either.. My skin just looks glowy. I've had this for 3 years and I'm still halfway through. Quarter if I didn't accidentally knock some off last time. Will repurchase until they stop making it! (RE, please don't ever ever do that though lol)

on 7/30/2013 8:13:00 AM

had this for ages in the peel. just great for highlighting eyes area and also great to mix with foundation or even bb creams just gives enough brightness without being too shiny or overly dewy looking.

on 7/6/2012 11:58:00 AM

I live by this product,, it smells amazing, the consistency is amazing.. I mix it in with my foundation and it gives my skin a glowy dewy look, I recommend this to anyone who wants a fresh face.. I love this, it lasts forever, I get a lot of product in the bottle and it really is my secret potion, I'll buy it as soon as I get through my 2nd bottle.. it just takes so long to get through it!! haha.. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who wants a matte face or wants to put it on alone.. i think it's a better mixing medium

on 1/17/2012 8:05:00 AM

I have had this highlighter for at least the past two years and still have a lot of product left. I use this sparingly to highlight points on my face like cheekbones, nose, eyes, etc. I very much dislike the packaging. It is quite a generous size bottle and the formula is quite liquid. It's a twist top with a spatula which I use to pick up some pigment and drip onto my finger to spread where I want on my face.... not very convenient or hygienic.

As for highlighting powers - it does give me a nice sheen. I have this in the pink colour. I wouldn't repurchase as I don't think it's wow and the bottle is too hard to work with day to day.

on 9/1/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the one in pearl and found that it gave my skin an iridescent sheen, like someone who was fit and looked after their skin well.
The pearl color meant it would make a suitable highlighter for pale cool-toned skin tones (e.g. caucasians) but on my yellow skin, it certainly appeared a tad more oily than glowy. IF applied more than an inch diameter, it will make your face look sweaty. Has to be applied in very small amounts on pin-point areas of face. I don't recommend mixing with foundation as it makes the foundation lose and thin out its coverage...only use it as an adjunct previous to having applied foundation.

Wouldn't buy again coz it can appear a little too oily and lacks that subtle luminous, opaque glow I look for in liquid highlighters. Its highlighting effect is a little more shiny, glittery & in-your-face than I would like.

on 8/14/2011 1:42:00 PM

this product is very good! does anyone know how i can purchase this product online anywhere? i've called many places like shoppers drug mart and other makeup stores such as sephora, MAC, etc etc... someone please help!!

Hm... While this highlighter is easy to apply and does give a subtle sheen that makes your skin glow, it broke me out :(

Also, girls with oily skin beware.... It makes you look like a frying pan in a few hours

on 1/8/2011 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have this in the colour magician because i'm alittle tan. I use it on the outer C of my cheek bones and it imparts a healthy glow, i love it. But it has to be blended carefully and quickly as its quite pigmented and dries quickly otherwise you will end up with patches that'll defeat the purpose. Maybe adding it to alittle foundation will improve its blendability. I'll blend on my hand first then pick up a little, apply using tapping motions onto the outer "C" . I love to add a drop to my sunblock and this adds a sutle glow to my face. I add abit more than i would for my face, to the sunblock I would apply to my neck and chest. It looks lovely!

I would prefer if the packaging comes in the form of a squeeze tube, sort of like mac's select cover up. Its sanitary and easy to control the amount dispensed.

on 9/30/2010 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Bought it recently from Priceline for $15.00(AUD). I got the pearl shade which I think is a good deal considering the amount of product you get in the bottle. I used it as a highlighter on my face and it's really nice. It gave me the right "glow" i wanted.

Top Rated Red Earth Cosmetics Products