April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Hot Toddies Cookbook

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 7:10:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am hoping to get this stuff for Christmas...it's fantastic! I have not been impressed with any of the Philosophy scents, other than tea (which is slightly minty and definitely tea-like), cinnamon buns, and apple. But, in this "Cook Book," everything smells totally dead on. Buying this is truly buying Philosophy's best scents. Egg Nog smells absolutely dead-on. When I sniffed it in the store, I was surprised. It didn't smell chemical-like, just sweet and pleasant and JUST LIKE EGG NOG. The Hot Cocoa body wash in this set is also fabulous. It is adorable and smells just like hot chocolate; you can even smell the milk and whipped cream on top --- but at the same time it's "double rich." Last, the set comes with Apple Cider body wash, which is also a dead-on scent. This whole gift is a dream for the holidays!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by laura4957

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!! I got this as a Christmas present and I'm already dreading the day that I'll use it all up. This set includes three 3 in 1's: Old Fashioned Egg Nog, Hot Cocoa, and Apple Cider and none of them fail to satisfy me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2004 11:04:00 PM More reviews by blue_buildings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best Cookbook available thus far. I took a chance and ordered this online, hoping the scents would be phenomenal. Philosophy did not disappoint. Every scent is dead on, if not better. Spiced Apple is good for October, Egg Nog for December, and Hot Cocoa for January. I'm considering getting one more set, just in case I won't be able to get it again. Best $30 I've spent on body wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 8:32:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This contains 6-ounce bottles of three brand-new holiday 3-in-1s (The description on sephora.com says they are 4 ounces, but that's a typo). They smell REALLY good, better than any other 3-in-1s, and I've tried a *lot* of them. All are so true to their names that it's hard to believe they're not the real thing. They are as follows:

Double Rich Hot Cocoa, which is the best chocolate-scented one in the line. It smells rich and utterly authentic, like cocoa rather than a candy bar or cake, and you can smell the milk note behind the cocoa.

Spiced Apple Cider - smells like warm baking apples with a perfectly balanced cinnamon note. I was afraid this would smell cloying and more along the lines of apple candy or juice, but it's a quite convincing warm winter/fall scent. I just used this this morning and nothing could be more perfect for a crisp fall day.

Old-fashioned Eggnog - again, 100% accurate scent. I can smell the egg, the rum, and the rich creamy base note. As promised by the slogans, it's decadent without the damage to your waistline.

I emphatically recommend this set. It makes just the right holiday treat for yourself, and I imagine this would be a warmly received and much-appreciated gift. This is worth every single cent of the price. EDIT: does anyone else find it amusing that the sidebar google search ads are pitching sugar-free drink mixes?