April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Clinique - Stop Signs Hand Repair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you need something to use throughout the day to get rid of that dry feeling hands can have - this ISN'T it. Get something else for that, and get this for repair.

This is for use right before you go to bed, it will sink in and disappear immediately. It feels like it does nothing, and if I hadn't seen it work miracles with my own eyes, I would have felt utterly ripped off when I first tried it on.

However! My mother had the most horribly abused hands, dry, cracked, grey and wrinkled. They looked like they were about to fall off, and no amount of any regular hand cream was helping. So I bought her this for her birthday, and LESS than a WEEK later her hands were completely saved.

I'm not kidding: You could see the exact point on her wrists where she stopped using it. Above the line, her hands were smooth, soft, almost glowing and golden brown - below, the wrist was still ashy and dry. This wondrous, green little bottle took at least 20 years off her hands! It took less than a month to begin fading her age spots as well. Even her nails look better.

I use this as well now, though obviously I see more subtle results as my hands are okay to begin with - but I do see them getting whiter, more even in color, and plumper somehow as well.

To sum up: If you want a nice, rich hand cream to slather your hands in during the day, get something else. If you want something that repairs damage to your skin while you sleep, get this too.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a result of my work I am a hand cream fanatic. I generally have 3 or more in rotation and would venture to say that I have tried most of them - from very inexpensive to outrageous. The thing is, I don't mind paying for quality. Sadly, this is very expensive and of inferior quality.
It does nothing to either soothe, add moisture, or keep moisture in.
In fact, after applying, I have found myself going back to reapply within minutes, in an effort to obtain results. It simply doesn't work. I've relegated this one to my foot cream pile. A hand cream reject.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with all of that say that this product is expensive, yes it is. I actually bought my on a cruise at the taxfree, so I got it a bit cheaper.
I had no plans of buing it, but my friend who has eczema (with some wounds) and dry-dry hands tried this because his hands was so bad from some food that he hade been eating. He did put on 2-3 times more than any normal puts on, but it sunk in quite fast. His first reaction was " wow, my hand feel so soft!"
About one hour later at lunch he looked at his hands and was amazed. His hands were almoust normal. All the dryness was gone, the same with the redness. It had also helped with the iching, and the best past was that the wounds were almoust gone! It does repair hands!
He also sad that it did not burn on his hand because it is fragrance free.
So guess if I also had to buy one after that!
My hands are dry from my work. I wash my hands often and use antiseptic gels to get steril my hands. This goes in fast, and doesn't leave that sweaty-greasy film on my hands. I also stays in my hands quite well. I have to apply it more than once a day, but it one of the best I have tried. I recommend it, but try it at the store before buying and see if it works for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 5:31:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This an ok hand cream.
1) nicely scented
2) lovely texture, smooth gel-cream
3) non greasy, easily absorbed
4) great for daily use - or office use when you cannot have greasy hands.
However, I have not seen major repair (as its name claims) on damaged hands or discoloration fading etc.
So all in all it’s a good cream…but not the top.
1) not good for very dry skin
2) too expensive for just a hand moisturizer
I will stick to my HG, L’Occitane 20% shea butter hand cream!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is OK but costs way too much for what it does. During the winter my hands get very dry and old looking and I was hoping this would fix that kind of seasonal crepey look (my hands don't look wrinkled during the summer so it is just the weather). Anyway, this worked OK, felt nice, kept my hands soft and lasted between hand washings. But when I got to the bottom of the tube I didn't really want to repurchase cause it's so expensive. I tried the Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream and thought it worked just as well and lasted just as long, for about half the price. Still looking for the HG though cause the Aveeno has a little bit of a sticky feel that I don't like.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by auppie777

Be careful if you get this stuff in your eyes. I accidently rubbed my eye with it on my hands and it did corneal damage. It was extremely painful and I couldn't wear my contacts for 2 weeks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is outrageously priced for a hand cream, and for a clinique product.
Having said that, I just can't find anything as good as this. I've had to use a lot of this to repair some damage I've had this winter from frequent washing and the cold. Once that was repaired, though, I can use this once at bedtime and the effects seem to last all day--even with frequent hand washing. This is a really long-lasting cream, with more than just a surface repair.
Someone mentioned the smell---I had an old sample from a GWP that I had to throw away because of the chemical smell. It could have just been really old & that could be why it had that smell. UPDATE:
I can't justify spending so much. THe dryness comes back without a day of use, so I can't say that this really has repaired anything. I went back to glycerine hand therapy. Does the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I'm going from 4 lippies to 3. I don't think I'll purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2006 9:22:00 AM More reviews by wooster

I use this at night before I go to bed as this is more of a treatment product rather than a moisturising hand cream. So far I really like it, my hands feel smoother & look much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by DebbieF

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This hand treatment is great. I use this morning and night as a treatment. After it sinks in, I moisturize my hands with the Clinique body butter cream. My hands are looking younger, less wrinkled, with every use.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2005 8:09:00 PM More reviews by plasticbread

I received this from my roomate who doesn't use hand creams. The scent of this hand cream is terrible - I want to puke everytime I smell it. I feel that the cream itself is very thin and does absorb well, but does not mositurize well. If you need something intensive - pass on this one. There are better hand creams out there for a better price.