April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Smashing Transfer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdmgc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this product. I use it as a blush. The tiniest amount gives me a healthy, natural glow. I've been using it for 6 months and if you look at the container you can barely tell that it's been used at all! Use VERY sparingly and it will work wonders. Sadly, it appears to have been discontinued (I can't find it on their website any more).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by trazadone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

New Favorite! i think it blends beautifully on my lips and cheeks and for my skin tone, gives me the perfect -just-had-sex- look. which, happens to look great on me. i wear it well..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I was intimidated by this shade at first since I am very fair with blonde hair and blue eyes, but once I tried it I was hooked. It goes on very sheer for a nice just-got-in-from-the-cold look, very rosey-coral with just a bit of sheen. It also works well on lips with gloss over to complete the look. I have a feeling I'll use this a lot in the winter. I got this for free from a site which is why my price rating is 1.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 7:56:00 PM More reviews by sanpe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for free from smashbox with my purchase. I love it. Of course i wouldn't use it as a highlighter but as blush it works great. I also use it on my lips and top it off with lipgloss. I would definitely purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 10:11:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Smashbox.com lists this as a sheer cream highlighter in sheer coral red, but (1) since this shade is predominantly red, it is better used as blush than as highlighter, and (2) the formula feels more like a gel than cream. This is a vivid cherry neutral-to-cool red shade - not a true fire engine red, but more like a bright red with pink-coral tones. Though intimidating in the pot, it is a sheer gel and thus quite wearable. After I swiped my finger in it, it looks as though there is silver shimmer in this, but the shimmer didn't show noticeably on my cheeks or lips. The texture is smooth and silky, and being a gel it is very easy to work with and blend in. I tried this on my lips also, and the color works fine for me (AAB/NC25), even seems to stain my lips, though the color becomes more of a cool-toned I-ate-a-cherry-popsicle red-pink.

Comparisons - The texture reminds me of Smashbox Skin Tints, but obviously this is in pot form instead of stick. The color reminds me of NARS Cactus Flower, but Cactus Flower has golden shimmer, is more coral-toned, and is a shade lighter than Smashing Transfer. Also reminds me of Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain in Nymphette - but in a side by side comparison, Nymphette is definitely more true red, and Smashing Transfer clearly has more pink-coral tones to it.

Packaging - The packaging is the usual rubbery exterior with a clear screw-top lid; overall it is the same size as Smashbox blushes and eyeshadow trios.

Overall - Seems odd that Smashbox made a "highlighter" in this shade; it works better as a gel blush. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2007 12:19:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh...Smashbox always seems to disappoint me. They charge you an arm and a leg for their products, and they are just mediocre at best. This highlighter is not really a highlighter. It is a red cream blush. The color does not seem to melt into the skin and blend in naturally and seamlessly.

The worst thing about Smashbox is their packaging. This is not a joke. I had this highlighter for TWO DAYS and was debating about keeping it or not. I looked at it and I rubbed the lid and the "Smashbox" label literally just rubbed off. It's going back.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the "highlighter" from the "Bright lights of LA" kit that was on QVC. It is bright cherry red with shimmer in the pan, but it applies a very sheer natural "in from the cold" flush. Very nice for this winter!