September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Eyes - Lise Watier - Métamorfix

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this transformer! I use it to transform my powder eyeshadows into liners, and just to make my eyeshadow more intense overall.
I find this particularly useful with baked eyeshadows. Although they say you can apply wet or dry, none of mine apply that nicely (or brightly) dry. There is a huge difference in colour and staying power.
Although the bottle is small for the price (15ml), as you only need one drop at a time it lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I’m pretty ambivalent about this product. I truly think a small bottle of water could be used just as effectively. What is disappointing about this product is that it doesn’t give me the intense colour that I expected when using e/s as a liner. It’s kind of watery, even only using one drop, and no matter how much I try to concentrate the mixture. I’m not blown away by this product, and it’s not cheap – I truly can’t tell what the difference would be between using plain water and using Metamorfix – does anyone know what’s in this? I suppose the liner may last longer, but I’ve not noticed that either. I love Lise Watier products, but this one’s a real ‘huh?’ for me. Fun I guess, but not an essential tool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Metamorfix is fun to play around with, but I don't use it much because I don't have the time or patience for it. It does work very well for turning any shadow into a liner. You just put a drop of this into the lid of the shadow (or anywhere else, sometimes I put it on the mirror of the palette that the shadow is in), dip the brush into the shadow, then swirl in the drop of the liquid and apply. I was floored the first time I used it with a black LW single e/s, using their awesome angled eyeliner brush. I should really try to pick it up more often and use it with coloured e/s, but as I said, I usually can't be bothered and reach for something more effortless. However, it is fun to have around and I think it does a great job, as advertised.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by product_junkie6

I bought this from Shoppers, because the sales lady told me it would make my eyeshadows more intense.

Honestly, I think it's too pricy for what it does. I paid about $12CDN for 15 ml, and if I had read the ingredients before I bought it I probably would have thought twice.
As others have said, it looks like it's mostly water and preservatives (or fixatives or something like that).

I used this product on one hand, in a blue shadow. It went on a bit brighter and was a bit more smudge-proof. On the other hand I used the same shadow, but I put water on the brush instead. I got a similar colour but it was smudge-able.

So overall, it's ok because it makes the shadow a bit brighter and durable. but it's not amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I came across a display of this at my Shoppers Drug Mart and bought this because I liked the idea of being able to convert any eyeshadow I already own into an eyeliner. I paid $13 CAD for this, which is inexpensive for a HE brand but expensive given that it is water mixed with a bit of glycol. This will last me forever though so I don't consider this to be expensive.

I follow the instructions by putting a drop into the eyeshadow container lid, dip my brush into the liquid and then dip into the eyeshadow. I find that when I use it with my L'oreal Wear Infinite black eyeshadow, I get a very soft and faint black line so I would recommend that you use a pigmented shadow if you want to use it for liner. This also works great for shadows, especially a smokey eye. Two drops is enough to apply eye shadows on both eyes. I put this on the night before, went to bed with it on and when I woke up the next day, it had stayed put all night.

I much prefer this to eyeshadow primer. Previously, I got a sample of the UDPP in Sin from Sephora but found that that creased on me. This is a cheaper and more versatile alternative.

I didn't purchase the loose pigment eyeshadows from Lise Watier to use with this because they are $18 each and I know there is no way I would use it all up, but I plan to buy the Everyday Minerals eyeshadow samples to use with this which is much cheaper.

Would definitely buy again! It has become a staple in my make-up routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite products. It looks like eyedrops(13CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart). It turns your eyeshadow into eyeliner. I use it to make my eyeshadows waterproof, longlasting and the colour POP! It makes your eyeshadow colour much more vibrant! This isn't the instructed way to use it, but I put some on a clean surface and dip my eyeliner brush and rub it in the desired eyeshadow. The only iff I have with this is the amount that it dispenses; I never use the whole drop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty decent product. It does what it's supposed to do and made my shadow into liners and lasts all day. What I do is just, like what it says on the packaging, put a drop on the lid and dip my brush in it. Then I rub it on my eyeshadow then apply it to my lids. Depend on the brush you can create different effects. I used my blue eyeshadow today and the line looks amazing. It really made my eyes POP.

I love this product. Now i'll have a ton of different eyeliner colors without having to go out and buy any actual liners. This really works better than water. I experimented today with water and this. I drew a line on my hand with both and the water side took forever to dry and even after it dried, it doesnt look as smooth and definitely doesnt last.

This product is a bit on the pricier side but come on, a drop a day? This will last forever. I'm not a big fan of the packaging.. looks like eye drops and since you really dont need a lot of product per use, i feel like even a drop is too much but there is no way of squeezing out a even smaller amount.

This is a product I think everyone should have. Very versatile and changes loose pigments and pressed shadow into amazing long lasting eyeliners that is truly water proof. I definitely recommend this for everyone. If you are debating whether to buy this product, JUST BUY IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lips_s4

I have been using this since it first came out. I use it to mix all of my powder eyeshadows with to intensify it. I don't know how it would work to create eyeliners but it makes nicer cream eyeshadows. It works best with the Lise Watier powder eyeshadows. I believe it's a must have in everybody's makeup bags. It's conveniently packaged in a bottle with a 'drop' tip since you only need a drop or two to mix with the eyeshadow. It also lasts a LONG time!! I would definately buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

OMG why have I just discovered this?! I love it! Love it to the point where I bought my back up bottle and I've not even gotten to the 1/2 point of my first bottle! Turns all the loose eyeshadows to liquid liner in an instant. It does take longer for pressed ones. It makes my metallic loose shadows look like molten metals...copper, gold... all awesome looking after. I apply it just above a black liner made from black mineral liner from Everyday Minerals. It looks like I have eyeliner that changes colours when I blink. Now I had been buying e/s that would look good as eyeliners, usually, they would be too dark to wear as e/s so I just buy them specifically to use as liners. I've not tried it as a lipliner but now that I have found out about it, I may try it.
I gave the packaging a 3, what can you say about a clear eyedropper bottle?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

AWESOME!! Where has this been all my life. I've been using my shadows as liners forever but just wetting my brush. This stuff rocks!! it brightens the colours as well as having fantastic staying power. Love it!! And only $13.