September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Hair Treatments - Wella - In-Depth Reconstructor [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jeungtae92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

BEST THING EVER! it is a protein conditioner, so if your hair is already healthy, this stuff will make ur hair all hard and frizzy with grey tint.
    when i bleached my hair, this stuff saved my hair! i used it once a week for about two weeks, than i began using it once every other week. when my hair condition was better i began using it once a month! eventually my hair became healthier than pre-bleaching state. i would buy again, but i heard its discontinued now.. i guess its okay since i dont bleach my hair anymore but this is really good conditioner if your hair suffered from chemical damage!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

This product is so astoundingly underrated. It truly works wonders after processing. I have jet black (with gray) hair that is extremely bleach resistant. After hours of processing with 40 volume plus QuickBlue (strongest bleaching powder), then washout & blow dry, followed by more 40 volume & quick blue then washout & blow dry followed by Shades EQ to tone, this makes my hair feel like silk. Seriously.
    And I have middle-aged hair -- not that wonderful teenage hair you can tone using grape Koolaid without ruining the texture.
    Definitely, you should keep a jar of this around the house for when you get that urge to really make a change and fry your hair, you'll love it.
    But please note -- if you've processed your hair to the point where it feels kind of melted and slimey, you've processed too much for this product. At that point, the only thing that's ever helped me is Aphogee two-part (the one you put in your hair and dry till hard with a blow dryer).
    Still, anything up to the melting point, Wella Reconstructor is a work horse.
    And if the packaging tub vs tube issue really drives you nuts, you can always do what I do and pour some into one of those hair color mixing bottles with the pointy top (or even one of those dollar store ketchup or mustard containers).
    Not at all elegant in terms of packaging, to be sure, but this stuff packs a wallop if you want elegant locks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I really love this product for a very specific purpose. I only use it after a chemical treatment since it doesn't seem to work as well as a weekly treatment for me. Using it after a dyeing or bleaching my hair makes my hair super-smooth and soft while using this after just a shampoo doesn't really do much of anything. It's weird, but the feeling of this right after you bleach is awesome. It's such a change from the rough feeling of hair after its been dyed. I do wish it came in a tube rather than a tub since you have to reach in and grab a glob out rather than squirting and its not so thick that squirting would be difficult. I hope they don't dc this since it really is the best post-chemical treatment conditioner that I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So cheap for great results. I use this on the ends of my hair when i am dying my roots. As I am rinsing out the dye, my ends feel so soft and it helps dilute the dye a bit so that I don't get too ashy colored on the ends. Then I put quite a bit on my entire head for about 10 mins. Helps to regulate the ph of your hair after dye and leaves it incredibly soft. If I ever forget to use this when I dye my hair, I really can tell the difference. My hair feels dry and unmanageable. This is a staple for me. I don't think that I will ever process my hair without it! Got it a sally's for around $5.00. A steal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I bought this based on a rec from killerstrands.com which is a blog from some hair stylist saying this is good for before and after coloring or any chemical process for the hair b/c it restores hair to the proper porosity for any chemical procedures for hair. I used it for that purpose but can't really see the difference from when I had work done to my hair and didn't use it and I don't know if it is better than my normal deep conditioner for before and after chemical treatments but I like it b/c it is pretty moisturizing, it comes in a huge tub for a really decent price. As for a regular deep conditioner, my HG, Neutrogena triple moisture deep recovery is noticeably better. When I rinse it out, I can tell that my HG gives me moisturized hair but what the heck I will stick with it for when I have anything done to my hair. Also, another use is if you touch up your roots at home like every so often when it grows out, you can put this in the middle and ends so you can drag some of the dye from the roots though and that works great for refreshing your ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by jzhenmundatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Excellent product. I use In-Depth following every bleach or color process. It always leaves my hair smooth and healthier after all the chemical damage. I also use it as a weekly treatment. In-Depth restores protein lost in chemical damage and daily wear and tear... also restores the natural pH balance after bleach and color process. I recommend it to anyone.

Do remember that the more protein treatment that is added to the hair, the harder the hair becomes. In-Depth is only one type of restructuring conditioner. It isn't meant as an everyday-er. If you find that your hair remains damaged feeling, dry, brittle, takes forever to dry, or seemingly unredeemable in its texture... you may need to consult a stylist you trust regarding a haircut to take off what is damaged beyond repair... a haircut that you can live with while your hair grows back. And remember also, hair grows back IF you take good care of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

if i really want my hair to look silky that night...i whip out this...after i shampoo...i leave this on for about 5 mins....then rinse...and yes, i do notice it does feel slightly dryish afterwards so i put my regular conditioner as well for another 2 mins and that usually fixes the problem....it looks thick but when u apply it to ur hair...it almost melts on it....overall, im pretty pleased with the results

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by interruptedx

Comes in a big tub from sallys. It is a generous amount for the price that you pay. i usually use it about once or twice a week and leave it on for at least 5 minutes after i shampoo. leaves my hair softer, shinier, & all together healthier. i have coarse/curly/color treated long hair & it works wonderful. i will continue to purchase, i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Sally's for about $5.50 for a well-sized tub. I use it as an overnight conditioner about once a week. In the morning I rinse it out without shampooing. It leaves my hair silky, well-conditioned, detangled and healthy. It smells very calming and reminds me of a bygone era...there's something about it that smells like a Soviet face cream that reminds me of my childhood.. I heard this has been discontinued but it's still available in many beauty stores since I have a feeling no one buys this stuff. I've tried using this as a rinse-out conditioner in the shower but it hasn't made an impression on me in that respect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Ohh2pretty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently started lightening my hair myself (medium brown) after having golden blond highlights done professionally for years. I had a bad salon experience when I decided to try somebody "new." I opted for a more "natural" look by letting the stylist color the root area and sides of my hair to get it to "blend." Anyway, the color was awful (bright with an orange cast to it. My hair pulls a lot of red tones. I guess the PRO never heard of TONER..!!). So, anyway I have been slowly lightening my entire head to get it all blond (all products purchased at Sally's Beauty Supply who also happens to have the best customer service ever!). All this processing has caused my very healthy hair to dry out. I read mostly rave reviews about "In depth" here and decided to give it a try. I purchased it at Sally's (dirt cheap). It comes in a big tub which some found inconvenient ( I used a rubber spatula and scooped a big glob of it on the palm of my hand to avoid getting it under my long nails). After putting it on my hair I combed it all the way through (hair reaches my bra strap) and put extra on the ends saturating my hair. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and let it sit for 15 minutes. After rinsing (it rinsed out easily too!) I partially dried my hair. It felt silky soft and manageable. It didn't feel overly conditioned...but at the same time I am not sure it did much more than my usual Fekkai conditioner that I use after shampooing- thing is Wella In Depth is literally a fraction of the cost of Fekkai! So overall, for a deeper conditioning treatment I might try something like hot oil. In Depth is nice smelling effective conditioner at a price you just cannot beat! I would buy it again most definitely.