July 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eyes - Smashbox - On Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2004 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I wasnt quite sure where to review this so thought since I love this for eyeliner, I will put it there. On Set Waterproof sealer is just what the name says. This totally seals your liner or shadow so it doesnt smudge off. Similiar to Benefit SheLaq, but much better in my opinion. Benefit's product leaves a shine to it and is very sticky if you use it for shadows. THis works amazingly to seal eyeliner from smudging. Doesnt change the color or texture and keeps liner on all day without smearing. Excellent product. I personally intend only to use this for eyeliner, but thought MUA'ers would be interested in the shadow waterproofing as well, so i tried it today. I didnt wear a base and this did keep my shadow on for a solid 8 hours. It didnt leave lids sticky or yucky. My only gripe with this is that when you first apply, it did slightly lighten the shadow on my lid. And after 8 hours my shadow did fade slightly. A base would probably fix it. I always have no shadow left without a base, so this product really worked for me. I think the best side of this is as an eyeliner sealer though. It retails separately for $16 or in a duo set with the Off Set Shadow Converter for $28. I thought the Off Set Shadow COnverter was a waste (See my review), but this is really a nice product. Use this instead of the shadow converter for a line that lasts all day. Smashbox.com says, "ON SET waterproofs powder eye shadow and any eye liner. Turn your smudgy shadows and smeary liners into stay-put waterproof colors. APPLICATION TIPS: ON SET: to waterproof product, first, apply eye shadow and/or liner as usual. Next, dip BRUSH #4 in ON SET and paint a thin layer over the shadow and/or liner. let dry for 60 seconds with lid closed. " I think this is a great product for anyone looking for a waterproof sealant!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 6:29:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awesome! It really makes your eyeliner or eyeshadow water proof and really long lasting!!! My eyeliner lasted from dawn till bedtime and came off easily. And its only $16~ WOW! You just apply it with either an eyeliner brush or small eyeshadow brush depending on the area you are doing and let it set for a minute or so and it lasts super long!