October 24, 2014 | 843 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Lip and Lid Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

thankfully I bought this at a warehouse sale..this is just such an awful product. At firsrt i thought I received an old one or something and maybe something had happened to the formula but after reading reviews i guess this is the way it's supposed to be...anyways! The lid primer part of this first of all is very tough and chalky....tough meaning it does not glide on eyelids, but I have to press on my eyes really hard to get some on or I just take some off with my finger in order to put some on my lid. And then after that I can't even blend it on my eye, I thought it would be a more creamy texture since it goes on such a delicate area but no...and it just sits there...
The lid primer is the worst I have ever tried... not only is the texture awful but all my eyeshadows crease when i wear this...

The lip primer is pretty much a lost cause as well, I don't remember it being anything spectacular but I know I was so put off by the performance of the lid primer I lost all faith in the product altogether.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by JustGorgeous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the WORST eye and lip primer I have ever used. I really like other Smashbox products and when I saw this I thought I would give it a go. I am really sorry I did!

Both the eye and lid primers are heavy and drag on the skin and are difficult to blend, especially the eye primer.

Mine went in the bin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this as a deluxe sample with my Smashbox gift kit, so I have no idea how much it costs. My HG is TFSI, but this performs the same on me (I have slightly oily lids, e/s creases on me by itself, but with a primer, I don't have any problems). It is lighter in color than TFSI, it has a good grip on my e/s and makes it look brighter and stay until I take it off.
I will rebuy if it's cheaper than TFSI, since I kind of prefer primers that have wand applicators, if not, I'll probably stick with the same old, but bottom line is that I like this primer and I have nothing bad to say about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by erinnx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited about this product because it was my first primer because i was just starting out with makeup. I really dislike the lid primer because its thick and very cakey and creases very easily. Also it is hard to blend making the eyeshadow to not blend easily on the lid or the crease. The lip primer is alright but I would definitely try something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of this lid primer in a smashbox kit. I am an Urban Decay (UD) primer girl, but decided to try it. It works very similar, this one is more nude in color. It held up just as well as the UD primer. My lids are pretty oily but I wore this all day without any problems, and my lid color looked radiant even at the end of the night. I actually dont notice any other difference between this and UD based on performance. However, this primer is .1oz for $20, and UD primer is $17 for .34oz. Still I think this works just as good as UD. I'm actually surprised by the bad reviews because i think its a good product. I would recommend either one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was convinced to purchase the Lip & Lid primer after an associate at Sephora used it on me (the lip part) during a makeover. I already have & love the Photofinish Primer - so I thought I'd love this, too. But I don't. The lid (concealer) part is too thick and cakey - even when I lightly apply it with a brush. The lip primer is better - but is a little dry - even when new and it dries out quickly rendering the stick useless.

So with a one lippe lid end and a 3 lippie lip end I give this products an average of 2 lippies. Not worth buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by laviinia

I was just finishing my previous lid primer and was looking forward to try something new...And it's not always a success...Like this time, when the lovely sales girl told me to try Smashbox lid&lip primer. A total disappointment!!! My eyeshadow greased within hours and the the primer itself is kind a chalky, not smooth at all!! I had to scrub the rest off...I was trying it couple of times, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, I let it try longer and etc., but the same disastrous result occurred. Although the lip primer will give those who have very pigmented lips a nice even base.
So I wont never buy this one again and it's kind a pricey as well...ughhhh....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by oneofmylies99

The eye primer just didn't work for me. My shadow creased very quickly with this, it was kind of a joke, really. I played with it for a little while, I thought maybe I applied too much so I tried less and it was pretty much the same. It has stick concealer consistency and a bit harder to blend into skin than other eye primers.

What I do like about it is the lip primer. I've never used a lip primer before but was excited to try this since I have very pigmented lips and this shows up as a really really pale yellow/grey color. I've tried putting a bit of foundation and concealer on my lips before to tone them down as suggested by MAs and beauty editors but led to disastrous results. They would would feather and dry my lips out giving the lip color over it a really bizarre and ugly effect. But I don't get that at all with this lip primer. This primer has a really slick lipstick consistency, similar to the old Shu Uemura Lolishine lipsticks. The result with this primer is truer color as it is meant to be because my natural lip color is pretty much blocked from showing through and changing the color of the lippie. Lipsticks are a bit less likely to slide off too. I didn't find this drying either. And I love the packaging - the size, how it feels and looks. I wish Smashbox didn't make this a dual-end product and just made the lip primer on its own. As it is you receive about .02 oz of each product and it costs $24.

I won't be buying this again because the eyelid primer is pretty terrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I really dislike this. It's not serving its purpose..the shadows still crease with this on. I haven't tried the lip side yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by shnarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was shopping with my sister and asked for that product for Christmas as the SA recommended it as a primer... it is an AWFUL primer, my favourite shadows I smear on top turn chalky. I had to scrub it off to put on my makeup.